The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

What happened to Chris Tanev? I hope this isn't another Hamhuis situation or Bieksa situation when we held onto the player for too long, losing all value.

Hamhuis is doing fine right now and would probably be as good as anybody not named Tanev or Edler on this team

1 minute ago, kurtis said:

This team isn't making the post season. We are still rebuilding and clearly can't play with the big boys still. 

1 game missing a shutdown centre, top dman and starting goalie. With a 19 year old kid in net. The sky isn't falling. 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Should’ve grabbed anybody weeks ago (wasn’t like this was an issue that happened overnight).  Must be some journeymen NHL goalie out there.  Better than to put in a raw rookie like that.  But that’s just my opinion.

I get it, but that didn't happen and we're kind of screwed on last minute notice. Honestly, in the long run it might not be that big of deal. Just sucks tonight is all.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Simple answer, Jim Benning. It is just super unfortunate it came down to this. The kid is going to feel like crap after this, hopefully he can rebound and finish the OHL season strong then spend 3years in the A.

He is a very small goalie in stature in today's game. Lots to work on, but that is okay, he is 19. 

Management playing with fire having this kid as your back up. $&!# I feel so bad for DiPietro right now. His confidence is shattered at this point.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Glad the fans who are actually at the game are supporting the kid in tough circumstances.  Some so-called "fans" throwing DiPietro under the bus really show why this city was a goalie graveyard for so long.

Sorry but if you are an NHL prospect you are expected to show some skills at what you do ......

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

One thing the last few games shows, that regardless of win / loss is that this team is not yet ready for the playoffs. 

I’m not a tanker but hopefully JB realizes some strategic sales are still wise as we just don’t have enough yet to compete against the best teams. Yes we beat Calgary but it was All Marky nothing else. 

I don't see that at all.  

Archived