The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

What happened to Chris Tanev? I hope this isn't another Hamhuis situation or Bieksa situation when we held onto the player for too long, losing all value.

What happened is green, for some bizarre reason, decided to play him on his off side the last two games. STUPID decision by Green and you think after last game he would not have done it again. Yet green does it again...stupid decision.

Too bad the Canucks threw their 19 year old rookie goalie to the wolves tonight. Very weak effort in the 1st period. But also some bad bounces.

I LOVE the IDEA of Guddy. And I have been a supporter. But it is now clear to me he cannot skate to use his size to punish fore checkers. I have watched him closely for many games now and he rarely punishes a fore checker because his skating is so poor he cannot get there in time. 

Overall poor game so far with some a small list of positives.

Just now, Green Building said:

I get it, but that didn't happen and we're kind of screwed on last minute notice. Honestly, in the long run it might not be that big of deal. Just sucks tonight is all.

I was more referring to the situation on the Comets.  We didn’t call up Demko yesterday and no alternate plan was in effect when the replacement was claimed by another team.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Indeed. Many goaltenders have terrible first starts, including Markstrom and Schneider. Schneider was 22/23 years old when he played his first season in Vancouver and was very sub-par. It's very rough to get thrown into the NHL at just 19 years of age without even any AHL seasoning. Hopefully Dipietro can shake this one off eventually.

DiPetro has a tonne on confidence.  If he is going to make it as an NHL starting goalie he is going to have to work through bad games like this.  He will be a better goalie for the odd experience like this.

1 minute ago, ynot-llat said:

Stop feeling sorry for the kid.

He needs to realize its game over and start playing with some fire.

Be aggressive amd challenge shooters.

Cut off angles.

Just stop going down unnecessarily.

You seriously are blaming the 19 year old kid who hasn’t played 1 game pro, that was called up on an emergency basis, with the trash defensive effort in front of him?

Archived