The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver-Anaheim

To the Ducks

Goldobin + Juolevi

To Van

Nick Ritchie + Silfverberg + 2nd (practically a late 1st)

Now before everyone jumps down my throat to not give up on Juolevi. I'm not giving up on him at all I think he will certainly go on to have a great NHL career. However the Canucks look pretty set on the L @ D at least for the next 3 years Edler, Hughes, Hutton And potentially Tryamkin, Rathbone, G Breeze not tom mention whomever JB drafts over the next few years. Now from Anaheim perspective, they suck because they are so one dimensional lot's of PWFds and no panache Juolevi and Goldy give them a new look with a lil sizzle to very importantly accelerate their rebuild. Ritchie, Silfver give us some legit wingers to complement what we have down the middle and they are about to prime just in time for the Canucks to start making some serious waves. We would now have 6 of 8 wingers that could be played anywhere from the 1st line to the 4th line and not miss a beat. Excluding Roussel and Boeser who should remain cemented in our top or bottom 6 respectively.

Ritchie Pete Boeser ("O")

Loui Bo Slifver (200')

Bae Sutter Leivo (200')

Roussel Beagle Virtanen (Energy)

Motte Gaudette 

Edler Gud/Stetcher

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Gud/Stetcher

Pouliot Biega

Draft a D with our 1st and or Ana 2nd and were set to contend for the next 5 years.  Anaheim need to change with the times I think both Ritchie and Silfver are are on the outs there so this return is about as good as they are gonna get in terms of accelerating their rebuild and adding some new dimension to their otherwise 1st generation nintendo lineup.

I don’t think Anaheim trades Ritchie. He’s one of their few forwards that isn’t completely underproducing this year and has taken a step in development despite their train wreck season. Soon to be rebuilding teams usually don’t trade 23 year olds when selling assets.

Not to mention Juolevi’s trade value is probably at an all time low given his season ending injury and pause in development. I could see a scenario where Vancouver would be interested in bringing in Silf, but it won’t involve Ritchie...or Juolevi for that matter.

Edit: Also, Anaheim is definitely not the one adding a pick in your proposal. I can make a very good argument that both assets they are giving us have more value than Goldy and Juolevi.

12 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don’t think Anaheim trades Ritchie. He’s one of their few forwards that isn’t completely underproducing this year and has taken a step in development despite their train wreck season. Soon to be rebuilding teams usually don’t trade 23 year olds when selling assets.

Not to mention Juolevi’s trade value is probably at an all time low given his season ending injury and pause in development. I could see a scenario where Vancouver would be interested in bringing in Silf, but it won’t involve Ritchie...or Juolevi for that matter.

Edit: Also, Anaheim is definitely not the one adding a pick in your proposal. I can make a very good argument that both assets they are giving us have more value than Goldy and Juolevi.

Ritchie is a wild card, as I don't know how well he is playing exactly. But Silfverberg is a UFA at seasons end. Doubt they'll get a better offer than Juolevi for his services especially seeing as his scoring is pretty average at best. I get that fans around here are not exactly thrilled with his development so far but I'd still hold him in regards as a grade A prospect. GMs around the league would be smart to use that injury as leverage but it doesn't matter cause Benning would be foolish to sell Juolevi for 80 cents on the dollar.

Ritchie > Goldy

Juolevi > Silfverberg + 2nd

But I agree they'd be dumb to move Ritchie. Even in a package for players similar in age. They aren't exactly swimming in good young players. Silfverberg is going for picks and prospects, and it won't be a guy like Ritchie with him.

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

To the Ducks

Goldobin + Juolevi

To Van

Nick Ritchie + Silfverberg + 2nd (practically a late 1st)

Now before everyone jumps down my throat to not give up on Juolevi. I'm not giving up on him at all I think he will certainly go on to have a great NHL career. However the Canucks look pretty set on the L @ D at least for the next 3 years Edler, Hughes, Hutton And potentially Tryamkin, Rathbone, G Breeze not tom mention whomever JB drafts over the next few years. Now from Anaheim perspective, they suck because they are so one dimensional lot's of PWFds and no panache Juolevi and Goldy give them a new look with a lil sizzle to very importantly accelerate their rebuild. Ritchie, Silfver give us some legit wingers to complement what we have down the middle and they are about to prime just in time for the Canucks to start making some serious waves. We would now have 6 of 8 wingers that could be played anywhere from the 1st line to the 4th line and not miss a beat. Excluding Roussel and Boeser who should remain cemented in our top or bottom 6 respectively.

Ritchie Pete Boeser ("O")

Loui Bo Slifver (200')

Bae Sutter Leivo (200')

Roussel Beagle Virtanen (Energy)

Motte Gaudette 

Edler Gud/Stetcher

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Gud/Stetcher

Pouliot Biega

Draft a D with our 1st and or Ana 2nd and were set to contend for the next 5 years.  Anaheim need to change with the times I think both Ritchie and Silfver are are on the outs there so this return is about as good as they are gonna get in terms of accelerating their rebuild and adding some new dimension to their otherwise 1st generation nintendo lineup.

trading 2 unproven players for 2 established players and second round pick, doesn’t seem to make sense to me. you’ld probably have to make it virtanen, hutton and a 2nd rounder, to interest them. we can’t win every trade.

We don't want Silverberg 29 yrs old next season...Lets trade for players that will develop with core we have now...

Ducks will want a younger prospect in return for Silverberg.. Lets not go down that path.

Make smart trades keep on rebuild.. If we make playoffs fantastic...Just remember giving up younger prospects for Silverberg will not make us much better....

will not beat Sharks or Calgary in 7 game series by adding guys like Silverberg.... Keep on rebuild path, 2 yrs away...

Trades:

Sutter 29 ----- young prospect and 2nd rounder

Goldy ----  Young D man Ceci 25 yrs old...

Edler or Tanev --- trade 1 of these guy... Tanev = return -  good D prospect and 2nd rounder

Schaller ---? 6th rounder

Grandlund depth guy, needs a new team....--- Might get 5th or 6th rounder

In Utica ready for NHL next season, Gaudette, MacEwen, ( Demko already here)

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I was thinking about Ritchie today as well.... how would you feel about a straight up swap Virtanen for Ritchie. Both guys aren't doing too hot, but aren't really struggling either. Change of scenery could do wonders for the both of them. 

Jake is a far superior player to Ritchie.  Jake is way faster, and plays on the defensive side of the puck.  Also, I don’t think Ritchie is too bright.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake is a far superior player to Ritchie.  Jake is way faster, and plays on the defensive side of the puck.  Also, I don’t think Ritchie is too bright.  

Well that's a bit harsh and if Ritchie actually understood what you were saying about him I am sure he wouldn't like it.

24 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I was thinking about Ritchie today as well.... how would you feel about a straight up swap Virtanen for Ritchie. Both guys aren't doing too hot, but aren't really struggling either. Change of scenery could do wonders for the both of them. 

Jake has size and speed Ritchie lacks the latter. I'd keep Jake

What about the possibility of going after Montour instead of Ritchie or Silfverberg?

He'd likely be harder to pull out of Anaheim considering he's one of their younger defensemen who appears to have a higher ceiling, but he also didn't want to sign long-term with them as he feels he's more valuable. They may be unable to extend him after next year unless they make some moves and cap's not a huge issue for us.

What about something like:

To Ducks:

- Goldobin

- Gudbranson

- 2020 2nd round pick

To Canucks:

- Max Jones

- Brandon Montour

Jones is younger, but Goldy has more NHL experience and might be able to make an impact sooner. Plus the fresh start may be what he needs. This also stops us from being stripped on the left wing as it is already an area of weakness (Ritchie could help for sure, but I wonder if we could get Jones for cheaper).

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Vancouver-Anaheim

Archived