The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Nate Thompson, 2019 5th-round pick to Canadiens for 2019 4th-round pick

I like the moves MTL is making. They know they are not a tier 1 team this year. So they are not selling the farm for rentals. They are getting some good depth and hoping to win a round or two. 

I mean anything could happen but they are not delusional. 

7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Old, slow guy but is good on the pk and on the draw. Won't give you any offense and probably isn't gonna last another 3 years in the NHL. 

Still, a bargain deal for the Habs to improve their 4th line. 

He’s only signed through this season. So his long term performance isn’t much of a concern.  And they gave up practically nothing to get him 

Montreal has lost 3 players to waivers so far this season.  I could potentially see them losing another 2 once they put a player on waivers to fit in Thompson. Plus Byron will be back from IR soon so they’ll have to put someone else on waivers (barring a trade). Two of Chaput/Hudon/Peca/Deslaurier could find themselves in new uniforms soon

2 hours ago, kacholu said:

I like the moves MTL is making. They know they are not a tier 1 team this year. So they are not selling the farm for rentals. They are getting some good depth and hoping to win a round or two. 

I mean anything could happen but they are not delusional. 

Yeah sorta.

They are not ground breaking.  Just depth.

Archived