Sign in to follow this  
The_Rocket

[Rumour] huberdeau available

only 25 yrs old. 4 more years at 5.9 million. Almost a p/g player this season. A solid trade pipeline already exists between van and florida

only question is, what do the Canucks need to give up?

1 minute ago, The_Rocket said:

only 25 yrs old. 4 more years at 5.9 million. Almost a p/g player this season. A solid trade pipeline already exists between van and florida

only question is, what do the Canucks need to give up?

Would be an amazing pickup. Im not sure exactly what it would take but its intriguing because hes a lw and we're so shallow at that position. 

Maybe a 1st 2nd and b prospect like madden or lockwood?

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I have to think he's only available as part of the return for Panarin and Bob rather than being openly shopped.

Although I'm going to predict many will suggest Goldobin and Sutter (new Raymond, Ballard, 2nd).

More like Gaudette and Goldobin.  And doubt it even then.

That contract is a steal. Any team would be lucky to have him if Florida is dumb enough to move him.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I have to think he's only available as part of the return for Panarin and Bob rather than being openly shopped.

Although I'm going to predict many will suggest Goldobin and Sutter (new Raymond, Ballard, 2nd).

If they are trying to trade they will not want to take salary back. They would look at draft picks and ELC's/prospects in return. They would probably want something back like Gaudette, 2nd and maybe Goldobin or Lockwood.

They could also look at packaging Huberdeau with Brassard and/or Reimer for additional cap relief to go after Panarin and Bobrovsky.

• Upvote 1

We don't have the high end depth to get him. If they are looking at Bobrovski and Panarin that tells you what they want. Bigger issue for us is, if they want Bobrovski, does that mean they want Lou to hang em them up? And if so, we get cap screwed!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, xereau said:

More like Gaudette and Goldobin.  And doubt it even then.

It's possible if you add a 1st as well. Pick (1st), roster player, prospect is where he would probably be valued.

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

If they are trying to trade they will not want to take salary back. They would look at draft picks and ELC's/prospects in return. They would probably want something back like Gaudette, 2nd and maybe Goldobin or Lockwood.

They could also look at packaging Huberdeau with Brassard and/or Reimer for additional cap relief to go after Panarin and Bobrovsky.

I'm not personally say that's what I would offer, but that seems to be what most are willing to give up and therefore are worth any player in the league somehow.

With that said, Huberdeau is a good value player. I can't see why they would be trading him simply to make room for the two Russians when Huberdeau himself is probably the prized trade chip to go back the other way to Columbus to get the two desired players. That's the point of my post. He's available to make that trade happen rather than him being available to make room for the two. What exactly is Florida going to give up to acquire them? They can wait until they hit UFA and maybe they sign or maybe only one signs or they both sign elsewhere. They want to get early negotiating rights. It'll probably be a deal where a contract is signed immediately after the trade happens which is why they can afford to give up Huberdeau.

11 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

We don't have the high end depth to get him. If they are looking at Bobrovski and Panarin that tells you what they want. Bigger issue for us is, if they want Bobrovski, does that mean they want Lou to hang em them up? And if so, we get cap screwed!!

I think Florida is interested in Bobrovski, regardless of Luongo's retirement plans.

However, Luongo is 2 win away from surpassing Belfour on the all-time wins list.  He should technically be able to do it this year.  After, that, other than a Stanley Cup, I don't think he has much else to play for in terms of records.  I think, there is a real possibility for him to retire this year. 

Considering we are not in cap trouble at the moment, wouldn't it be better for Luongo to retire now and leave us with a cap hit of 2.8M$ for the next 3 years, while Pettersson still has 2 years left of ELC.  Rather than retiring in 2021 and leaving us with a 8.5M$ cap penalty just when Pettersson new deal kick in.  I'd rather take the hit now over three years.

Of course, the ideal scenario is still him going on IR or not retiring at all before his contract, but if it comes to it, i'd rather he retires sooner than later.

Edited by timberz21
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I'm not personally say that's what I would offer, but that seems to be what most are willing to give up and therefore are worth any player in the league somehow.

With that said, Huberdeau is a good value player. I can't see why they would be trading him simply to make room for the two Russians when Huberdeau himself is probably the prized trade chip to go back the other way to Columbus to get the two desired players. That's the point of my post. He's available to make that trade happen rather than him being available to make room for the two. What exactly is Florida going to give up to acquire them? They can wait until they hit UFA and maybe they sign or maybe only one signs or they both sign elsewhere. They want to get early negotiating rights. It'll probably be a deal where a contract is signed immediately after the trade happens which is why they can afford to give up Huberdeau.

Panarin made it clear that he wants to test free agency.

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I think Florida is interested in Bobrovski, regardless of Luongo's retirement plans.

However, Luongo is 2 win away from surpassing Belfour on the all-time wins list.  He should technically be able to do it this year.  After, that, other than a Stanley Cup, I don't think he has much else to play for in terms of records.  I think, there is a real possibility for him to retire this year. 

Considering we are not in cap trouble at the moment, wouldn't it be better for Luongo to retire now and leave us with a cap hit of 2.8M$ for the next 3 years, while Pettersson still has 2 years left of ELC.  Rather than retiring in 2021 and leaving us with a 8.5M$ cap penalty just when Pettersson new deal kick in.  I'd rather that the hit now over three years.

Of course, the ideal scenario is still him going on IR or not retiring at all before his contract, but if it comes to it, i'd rather he retires sooner than later.

Agreed, its better if he's going to retire he do it this year, as each year the cap penalty doubles. So  $2.4 for 3 years, $4.8 for 2 years, or $8.5 over one  depending on when he retires.

Edited by 40Dangles

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Considering we are not in cap trouble at the moment, wouldn't it be better for Luongo to retire now and leave us with a cap hit of 2.8M$ for the next 3 years, while Pettersson still has 2 years left of ELC.  Rather than retiring in 2021 and leaving us with a 8.5M$ cap penalty just when Pettersson new deal kick in.  I'd rather take the hit now over three years.

Luongo will not retire - he wants to win a Cup.  He'll be their backup or they'll put him on LTIR.  

• Hydration 1

17 minutes ago, mll said:

Panarin made it clear that he wants to test free agency.

That is what he is telling Columbus. Florida is one of the rumoured teams he's willing to go to, so while Florida won't get him at a bargain contract, I can see them being able to lock him in before UFA. If he is insistent on hitting UFA, then Florida would be foolish to trade Huberdeau prematurely.

Edited by theo5789
  • Upvote 2

You're looking at this year's first and a prospect

Or next year's first, young player and prospect

He won't be cheap at all

• Like 1

Just now, Provost said:

2020 1st (top 3 protected)

Gudbranson 

Lind

Seems to feel right.  Just the right amount of: “way too much” coursing through my veins.  

I think Florida would think this is fair too.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

2020 1st (top 3 protected)

Gudbranson 

Lind

They've been wanting Guddy back, but we are not in a position to give up first round picks (even if he's only 25)

Gudbranson

Virtanen (hate to do it but you have to give to get), and if Mcewen can play that role and go balls out to sign Ferland....well you've made up for it

should be appealing to them

Edited by 40Dangles
  • Upvote 3