The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] huberdeau available

The_Rocket

4 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

They've been wanting Guddy back, but we are not in a position to give up first round picks (even if he's only 25)

Gudbranson

Virtanen (hate to do it but you have to give to get), and if Mcewen can play that role and go balls out to sign Ferland....well you've made up for it

should be appealing to them

I would do that too.  Virtanen maybe has enough upside to be attractive.  We would likely have to add to that.

1st round picks are pretty overvalued and that gets folk’s attention.  In reality, Virtanen is more valuable than a mid 1st or later pick.  In terms of trade, probably not.

44 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

only 25 yrs old. 4 more years at 5.9 million. Almost a p/g player this season. A solid trade pipeline already exists between van and florida

only question is, what do the Canucks need to give up?

Interesting trade if it comes off?

Presumably, its obvious it would be the only reason Florida was interested, they are not in the play off picture currently? That they have permission to negotiate with the incoming players. Both of whom are pending UFA's. Florida, for taxes as much as the beautiful sunny winters, is an attractive destination for players. I can see UFA's being willing to talk as long as the deals are legit. 

A signal they are willing to spend money for the first time in yonks! 

We could not compete with Huberdeau.

40 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I have to think he's only available as part of the return for Panarin and Bob rather than being openly shopped.

Although I'm going to predict many will suggest Goldobin and Sutter (new Raymond, Ballard, 2nd).

45 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

only 25 yrs old. 4 more years at 5.9 million. Almost a p/g player this season. A solid trade pipeline already exists between van and florida

This guy is one of there best players..Florida want a top 3 player in return...Bo..

Florida will not trade him for 2nd line players..

They would be asking for Bo......

Canuck fans have to be realistic you will not get a player cheap....

We would not have the players there looking for besides Bo or Boser ...

I would not trade Bo, Pettersson, Boser, Quinn, Demko.....

52 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

well, lets look at the math first: both Bob's and Panarin = 13.425 mil in cap hit, FLA currently has 8.48 so certainly moving Huberdeau's 5.9 makes the required room of just under 1 mil in remaining space, but teams always like a bit more so I suspect we'd have to take on a cap problem for Florida in this too. 

We could take McGinn, Pysyk and Huberdeau [11,966,666] for Guddy and Goldy [4,863,333] leaving 7.1 mil for FLA to get Panarin. 

FLA could then move Matheson and Reimer to CBJ for Bob's. 

FLA then probably has to move its 1st rounder to CBJ for Panarin. 

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I would do that too.  Virtanen maybe has enough upside to be attractive.  We would likely have to add to that.

1st round picks are pretty overvalued and that gets folk’s attention.  In reality, Virtanen is more valuable than a mid 1st or later pick.  In terms of trade, probably not.

Jake’s not on a big contract yet, but is ready to bust out big time.  I think his value is actually at its highest right now.  Once the guy signs the big deal (like Nylander) their trade value drops, especially if they don’t play to that contract.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, lets look at the math first: both Bob's and Panarin = 13.425 mil in cap hit, FLA currently has 8.48 so certainly moving Huberdeau's 5.9 makes the required room of just under 1 mil in remaining space, but teams always like a bit more so I suspect we'd have to take on a cap problem for Florida in this too. 

We could take McGinn, Pysyk and Huberdeau [11,966,666] for Guddy and Goldy [4,863,333] leaving 7.1 mil for FLA to get Panarin. 

Exactly.  We take cap dollars back, which is also compensation.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Jake’s not on a big contract yet, but is ready to bust out big time.  I think his value is actually at its highest right now.  Once the guy signs the big deal (like Nylander) their trade value drops, especially if they don’t play to that contract.  

Agree its at its highest yet, but he won't be getting a huge next contract. Probably another bridge in the 2-2.5 range

Just now, 40Dangles said:

Agree its at its highest yet, but he won't be getting a huge next contract. Probably another bridge in the 2-2.5 range

Exactly.  Jake could be signed to 2.5 times 3 years, which makes him a guy who’s play is worth more than his cap hit.  

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree he would be part of trade for Panarin and there star goalie...

Huberdeau, Matheson, Reimer, 2nd rounder- Columbus ---- Panthers -  Bobrosky 31, Panarin 27, 3rd rounder

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Pass on Huberdeau - good player but not as good a fit as he is a player - and not worth the price for the Canucks imo.

will sure spice the deadline up a bit however if teams like Florida are aiming to add players like Panarin or Bobrovsky.....

curious - he's got decent size, good producer and not sheltered, and we need LW help. 

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Other teams will be in a better position to offer a fair market value.  The price is too high for where our team is right now.  Could see Vegas or NYI offering a pretty tempting package.

yeah but they don't have the "Gud's" we do :towel:

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If he's ready to bust out, then why the hell trade him?

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

it would likely take us at least a couple of cracks with low 1st round picks to get to where Jake is at now. If we're going to move Jake it needs to be for something like a young defence prospect/RFA. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To get Huberdeau would be painful.  It would cost us Jake, and we would have to take on salary from them too.  I wouldn’t trade Jake now either, but the cost of Huberdeau would be high.  

58 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

That is what he is telling Columbus. Florida is one of the rumoured teams he's willing to go to, so while Florida won't get him at a bargain contract, I can see them being able to lock him in before UFA. If he is insistent on hitting UFA, then Florida would be foolish to trade Huberdeau prematurely.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

curious - he's got decent size, good producer and not sheltered, and we need LW help. 

My point about fit would be in relation to EP - who, if anyone, is the player we should be shopping for linemates.

I'm not sure Huberdeau is the right complement, in spite of his upside. 

For EP's line I'd want more of a powerforward - forechecker, hard areas player - that would offset having Boeer on EP's other wing.

Huberdeau would probably be a good/better fit on Horvat's line - but is that a priority when you have a guy as versatile as Horvat who can play with pretty much anyone in your lineup?

A few things about Huberdeau that would make me steer clear - 22 of his (52) points are on the powerplay - while at 5 on 5 he has not been great this year.  I think he's having a bit of an off season, but I doubt that effects the price - which would be very high imo.  If I'm paying that kind of price, I'm not shopping for a winger like him - which is not to say he's not a great young player, it's about the fit and cost principally which I think will be prohibitive.  Stay the course or look for a better opportunity.

Archived