The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] huberdeau available

The_Rocket

9 hours ago, mll said:

Going to arbitration ensures that it will be a one year deal at the end of which he will be a UFA and can test free agency.   

With Hughes, Juolevi and maybe even Breisbois coming up on the left side, and Edler extending, I don't see much risk to the teams future in that. If his agent wants to play it that way I don't see Jim worrying about it much. 

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

You speak of top 4 d-men as if they aren't hot commodities around the league. Not to mention the lowball of Dahlen's potential. I don't think they'd want Dahlen back though. They very likely want someone like Jake Virtanen. A bit more of a certain commodity as it's clear he's NHL level talent right now and still has that top 6 potential imo. And those GMs rushing to throw their 1st rounders away are likely cup favorites with garbage 1st rounders. Our 1st rounders would very likely be in the early teens.

Except... Gudbranson is #4 on our team, which everyone thinks has the worst defense lineup in the league. Anyone drafted in the round 2 or higher has potential, that's 60 players every year, 0.5ppg in the AHL is not great. Many 2nd rounders are already doing that at the NHL level. 

Again, no point in arguing. Just look at past trades: Tatar, Duchene, Pacioretty, JT Miller. And you see the price is what I mention for these calibre of player. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Would love to get this guy into a Canucks uniform.  What's it gonna take?  Juolevi?  Gaudette?  We need someone who can play with BO and score goals.  It's that simple.  Not sure where else we can find a top 6 winger unless we luck out and get Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko...

Like Huberdeau too, but the cost is (likely?) too high for us.  We need Juiolevi and Gaudette for the continued rebuild.  I would trade Virtanen for Huberdeau.  That’s it, and likely not enough.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Like Huberdeau too, but the cost is (likely?) too high for us.  We need Juiolevi and Gaudette for the continued rebuild.  I would trade Virtanen for Huberdeau.  That’s it, and likely not enough.  

Don't think they would take Virtanen.  I like Gaudette, so maybe they take Juolevi and a pick or prospect.  We have lots of young D on the horizon and also there is free agency to fill any gaps.  If Edelr signs a 3-4 year extension I'm not sure when Juolevi would get into the lineup.

You have to give to get, you are not going to get a legit top 6 winger on a good long term contract without giving up a sizeable return.  It has to be one of our good young prospects and maybe even an add on.  Gaudette fills a need we don't have so I'd be fine with giving up one of our young D.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

TBH if it took Juolevi and Virtanen I would do it. Huberdeau is underrated IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would love to get this guy into a Canucks uniform.  What's it gonna take?  Juolevi?  Gaudette?  We need someone who can play with BO and score goals.  It's that simple.  Not sure where else we can find a top 6 winger unless we luck out and get Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko...

Panarin and Bobrovsky.  Seravelli added him to the board because he wonders if Florida would use him to get them.  

21 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

only 25 yrs old. 4 more years at 5.9 million. Almost a p/g player this season. A solid trade pipeline already exists between van and florida

only question is, what do the Canucks need to give up?

Tanev, Virtanen and a 1st 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Virt for Huberdeau? You getting enought oxygen on Melmac?

Huberdeau    Horvat         Stone

Leivo            Pettersson   Boeser

Roussel       Gaudette      Virtanen

Motte           Beagle          MacEwen

Eriksson

That's what I wanna see.  Trade Juolevi plus another prospect and maybe take a cap dump for Huberdeau, sign Stone as a UFA and away we go...

I don’t know what the price would be, but for the good of Huberdeau, we need to get him out of Florida ASAP.

FE086088-2EA1-4E3A-BA69-AF9BDFA187A9.jpeg.098264b14b7c0e13254d2f9d6d6c675d.jpeg

I mean, look at the guy. He’s getting waaaaaaaaaaay too much sun.

Compare the above photo to the one below, from his junior days, when he was safely in Canada, playing for the Saint John Sea Dogs:

6AC23104-EBB3-4635-9CCE-7BA79BC91B22.jpeg.c42b6da6be3bc64ad00cc4574a3ee2dc.jpeg

We need to get this guy back up north of the border.

It may cost us some assets, but Huberdeau’s skin cells will thank us.

Vancouver weather seems like just what the doctor ordered for this guy. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Eriksson

That's what I wanna see.  Trade Juolevi plus another prospect and maybe take a cap dump for Huberdeau, sign Stone as a UFA and away we go...

I really like the looks of those forwards @Elias Pettersson

What about our D?  Would we still have cap room for EK if we let Edler walk, and trade Tanev?

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Eriksson

I’ve been toying with the idea of that exact same first line.

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t know what the price would be, but for the good of Huberdeau, we need to get him out of Florida ASAP.

FE086088-2EA1-4E3A-BA69-AF9BDFA187A9.jpeg.098264b14b7c0e13254d2f9d6d6c675d.jpeg

I mean, look at the guy. He’s getting waaaaaaaaaaay too much sun.

Compare the above photo to the one below, from his junior days, when he was safely in Canada, playing for the Saint John Sea Dogs:

6AC23104-EBB3-4635-9CCE-7BA79BC91B22.jpeg.c42b6da6be3bc64ad00cc4574a3ee2dc.jpeg

We need to get this guy back up north of the border.

It may cost us some assets, but Huberdeau’s skin cells will thank us.

Vancouver weather seems like just what the doctor ordered for this guy. ;) 

The guy looks like he has the same skin disease as “The Donald”.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really like the looks of those forwards @Elias Pettersson

What about our D?  Would we still have cap room for EK if we let Edler walk, and trade Tanev?

With Stone and Huberdeau I would not go after EK.  We re-sign Edler and hope Tryamkin comes back.  Add Hughes and a free agent and we should be fine for now.  The key is to trade Tanev while we still can get an asset for him and also to get rid of our AHL D in Pouliot and Biega.  I'm on the fence with Hutton and Stecher.  If we could land Dante Fabbro I wouldn't be opposed to trade either one of them.  Gudbranson has been a big disappointment for me and I love the guy.  If we can trade him as well I wouldn't be opposed to that.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With Stone and Huberdeau I would not go after EK.  We re-sign Edler and hope Tryamkin comes back.  Add Hughes and a free agent and we should be fine for now.  The key is to trade Tanev while we still can get an asset for him and also to get rid of our AHL D in Pouliot and Biega.  I'm on the fence with Hutton and Stecher.  If we could land Dante Fabbro I wouldn't be opposed to trade either one of them.  Gudbranson has been a big disappointment for me and I love the guy.  If we can trade him as well I wouldn't be opposed to that.

You get my vote for GM.  Now can JB actually make your dream scenario happen?  I wonder what JB’s plan actually is for this coming summer?  Will he go after Stone?  Will he try his best to get Tryamkin back?  Is he willing to trade Tanev for a lot less that he could have a year ago?  

Archived