The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] huberdeau available

The_Rocket

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

My point about fit would be in relation to EP - who, if anyone, is the player we should be shopping for linemates.

I'm not sure Huberdeau is the right complement, in spite of his upside. 

For EP's line I'd want more of a powerforward - forechecker, hard areas player - that would offset having Boeer on EP's other wing.

Huberdeau would probably be a good/better fit on Horvat's line - but is that a priority when you have a guy as versatile as Horvat who can play with pretty much anyone in your lineup?

A few things about Huberdeau that would make me steer clear - 22 of his (52) points are on the powerplay - while at 5 on 5 he has not been great this year.  I think he's having a bit of an off season, but I doubt that effects the price - which would be very high imo.  If I'm paying that kind of price, I'm not shopping for a winger like him - which is not to say he's not a great young player, it's about the fit and cost principally which I think will be prohibitive.  Stay the course or look for a better opportunity.

for me its more about the price. If Florida is in the mood to make another mistake in our favour then great. But maybe we could get Silfverberg for cheaper who might be more of a fit for EP like you describe. 

Would be a great addition but the price would be appropriately high.  Have to think they would want big pieces like our 1st/Juolevi/Demko/Woo/Madden etc. Not all but at least one and then add from there.  If people are thinking along the lines of Granlund/DiPietro/Gadjovich/2nd you can keep dreaming.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for me its more about the price. If Florida is in the mood to make another mistake in our favour then great. But maybe we could get Silfverberg for cheaper who might be more of a fit for EP like you describe. 

they did just sell surprisingly low on Bjugstad and McCann - expiring contracts and late picks - got to be a disappointing return for their fans who may have invested in those guys - but I suspect they'll be looking for a hockey-trade principal for Huberdeau.   Tallon may be relatively fearless when it comes to cutting his losses or taking risks on players he doesn't believe are going to pan out, but dealing Huberdeau - I suspect it's no coincidence that this type of rumour comes parcelled with names like Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Personally I'd prefer to target key positions and particular fits - if I'm going to spend the kind of assets it takes to bring in key assets, I'd focus on 1) a versatile center like Jenner (who brings that ideal set of qualities imo / 'power'-center) - or 2) a powerforward LW, or 3) an upgrade/addition to the blueline.   

37 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

So it would take Panarin AND Bobrovsky to pry away Huberdeau, but people here think Gaudette and Goldobin could get him? My god people get real.

They would ask for Bo, Boeser or Petey. No deal.

They are trying to make cap space.

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Get real. Would you trade Boeser for Puljujarvi and Khaira?

Are we trying to create cap room though, so we can fit in two big number UFAs?  Huberdeau can be had, but he’s going to be anchored to at least one cap dump.  This will lower his value a lot.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are we trying to create cap room though, so we can fit in two big number UFAs?  Huberdeau can be had, but he’s going to be anchored to at least one cap dump.  This will lower his value a lot.  

No it won't. Huberdeau is one of the best players in the league, nothing lowers that value. Look at what Duchene/Turris got, 3 picks and 4 players, for a player that was known to be hard to handle.

24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

they did just sell surprisingly low on Bjugstad and McCann - expiring contracts and late picks - got to be a disappointing return for their fans who may have invested in those guys - but I suspect they'll be looking for a hockey-trade principal for Huberdeau.   Tallon may be relatively fearless when it comes to cutting his losses or taking risks on players he doesn't believe are going to pan out, but dealing Huberdeau - I suspect it's no coincidence that this type of rumour comes parcelled with names like Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Personally I'd prefer to target key positions and particular fits - if I'm going to spend the kind of assets it takes to bring in key assets, I'd focus on 1) a versatile center like Jenner (who brings that ideal set of qualities imo / 'power'-center) - or 2) a powerforward LW, or 3) an upgrade/addition to the blueline.   

I'm sort of half-joking on Guddy being the principle back to FLA on a deal. Tallon might still be very high on him. I'm not in the Guddy hate camp tho, I like what he brings. 

Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

No it won't. Huberdeau is one of the best players in the league, nothing lowers that value. Look at what Duchene got, 3 picks and 4 players, for a player that was known to be hard to handle.

The Duchene deal was clearly a bad trade for the Sens.  Regardless of that, Cap dumps lower value.  Tallon is trying to create cap room, so He know he has to attach cap dumps to an attractive asset, like Huberdeau.  

3 minutes ago, Screw said:

I would hate to give up the 1st but Hub is no joke of a player.  Injury history aside.

Tons of assists, close to a PPG player, great contract value.  Seems like he would play a style that would mesh with Horvat.

One would hope that a first in 2020 is a mid round or later and then you win they trade for sure.  A #4 pick and we might have overpaid.  Rolling the dice a little, but how else do you get legitimate top 6 guys.

Florida would likely flip that pick for something else.

As always, not likely to happen at all... but this is the time of year for this sort of fun speculation.

I'm sorry, but I find it amusing that people here aren't even willing to part with our 2019 1st rd pick in a potential deal. Assuming we wouldn't be dealing any of our big 4 (Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes), we would likely have to cough up our 1st rd picks in both this year's draft and next year's draft (unprotected), a solid young roster player (Virtanen), and one of our best prospects (Madden/Juolevi) to even pique their interest.

tl;dr: It's not happening.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm sorry, but I find it amusing that people here aren't even willing to part with our 2019 1st rd pick in a potential deal. Assuming we wouldn't be dealing any of our big 4 (Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes), we would likely have to cough up our 1st rd picks in both this year's draft and next year's draft (unprotected), a solid young roster player (Virtanen), and one of our best prospects (Madden/Juolevi) to even pique their interest.

tl;dr: It's not happening.

You think the canucks would offer 2 high firsts , virt and juolevi and that might Pique their interest? NO way we offer this and if we did they would ask where do we sign.

Just now, garthsbutcher said:

You think the canucks would offer 2 high firsts , virt and juolevi and that might Pique their interest? NO way we offer this and if we did they would ask where do we sign.

"High firsts"?

We're not exactly a cellar dweller this year. Our pick is much more likely to be a mid-rd pick this year, and will likely to mid/late next season. A 10th-15th overall and a 15th-20th overall isn't exactly equivalent to 2 picks in the top 10.

Archived