The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

I saw someone post that Sutter has been basically a part time player since joining the Canucks. In the 5 seasons prior to joining Vancouver he missed a total of 3 games. In the 4.5 seasons with Vancouver, he's already missed a total of 115 games. Yikes. 

That's why the team sucked for yrs.  When your foundational guy isn't playing most of the time....

14 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The Oilers had a goalie named Salo. He went to the Olympics and was shelled and he never recovered!

I think he blew a medal game trying to protect his head from a high slap shot with his glove hand and inadvertently tipping in the game winning goal. Upon returning to the NHL Colorado scores on him with an identical type of goal. I don’t think he won another game. Before all that he played lights out for the Oilers.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I didn't hate it on paper when it happened. Then when I saw Clendenning play I was very disappointed.

Yeah I had more of an issue with Benning not acquiring more picks and beefing up our prospect system with more defencemen. This team has mismanaged assets too many times with Hamhuis, Vrbata, Vanek, etc.

40 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I'm hoping tonight made Jim's mind up about us being a playoff team. We are not in the ballpark of competing with a great team in the playoffs. I'd rather sell off assets and add picks/prospects.

What assets? 

4 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I saw someone post that Sutter has been basically a part time player since joining the Canucks. In the 5 seasons prior to joining Vancouver he missed a total of 3 games. In the 4.5 seasons with Vancouver, he's already missed a total of 115 games. Yikes. 

I think the answer is simple. Player not staying in shape off ice. Lazy with stretches... Groin... Hernia... These are preventable injuries. 

The team has trainers that could stretch him out... 

Guddy and Sutter must go. 

Sounds like two guys that have got their contracts and just laying back collecting paycheques 

2 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Yeah I had more of an issue with Benning not acquiring more picks and beefing up our prospect system with more defencemen. This team has mismanaged assets too many times with Hamhuis, Vrbata, Vanek, etc.

To be fair Bourdon died and our Russian went back home.

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

So what if he gets another penalty... He just took a bad penalty in a game that was over anyways... If he was concerned, he shouldn't have slashed to begin with. 

He shuda just grabbed him and started throwing haymakers to Kane's face... Kane did it to Troy. 

Ryan Miller has stood up more for Troy than Guddy. That's not a statement you want to be true. 

Great post :) It was a time for payback, even one shot to Kane would have sent a big message. 

4 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Foundational yupp..

settling-sinking-foundation-blog-300x175

5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

canucks luck for ya

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

I think you're probably bang on with most of that post. 

I have to see the clip again but I thought it was mainly Guddy that "skated off" 

Regardless though, Gudbranson needs to skate to him grab his collar and feed him 2 cheap shots in the face. Get a 5 minute major whatever, the game was over. 

Kane did the exact same thing to Troy. 

Kane did what Sestito got 7 minutes for... What Hansen got 7 minutes for... Kane got a double minor and 2 minutes to Troy to shorten it. Lol. Nhl is a joke. 

That would get him an '...intent to injure', game penalty and a suspension.  Which doesn't help the team at all considering how thin the D core is.

The Sharks are a legit contending team and well they should be,

they are one of the oldest teams in the league and "soon" they won't have some of their vets and be down at the bottom like we are now,

with most of our players being so young.

Better days ahead real soon for us.

1 minute ago, The Great Canucks said:

Oh, shut up. Other teams would love to have Sutter on their team because he actually is a good player. Sutter would be a great addition to a contender. Enough with the Sutter hate.

Yah, Sutter is where pucks go to die......

Archived