The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

I thought the goaltending in last night game was a pretty good affair. As a 19 year as he was playing against basically highschool kids to being grabbed and thrown into a man's league against a high flying offensive team he performed admirably.

In the long run this will help him become greater because goalies have a sense of pride in net this kid will grow from it and be a elite for it. 

I honestly thought the score should've been 4 2 for the sharks but defense got poo flinging happy and crapped on the childs birthday cake. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so they gambled to try to not lose picks and/or assets and Mikey paid the price last night. From an "asset management" pov its not the worst decision. It can't continue tho, one game isn't a big deal but clearly they have to retool the thinking. 

The team is wildcard team when healthy.  Not having goalie depth is pretty damn important for a bubble team.  I think we can all admit this is a mistake by jB and move on.  

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

The team is wildcard team when healthy.  Not having goalie depth is pretty damn important for a bubble team.  I think we can all admit this is a mistake by jB and move on.  

for sure, I'm not arguing that it isn't. Its just not an "Eberle" level mistake. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Are people actually questioning JB?

I think they just move around from flavours of the week and like to be heard in a protest way.  "FIRE AV; GILLES; WILLIE; TORTS; NONIS,  MY MOM, ETC., ETC."

I'm not sure they actually watch hockey.

I think it’s ok to question jB here.  Doesn’t mean if you do you’re some sort of hater clinging on to a detail to hang him with.  Call it a gamble call it an oversight, whatever,  but questioning any human being in their decisions is pretty normal.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I think it’s ok to question jB here.  Doesn’t mean if you do you’re some sort of hater clinging on to a detail to hang him with.  Call it a gamble call it an oversight, whatever,  but questioning any human being in their decisions is pretty normal.

No you must love every single thing about Vancouver otherwise you’re a hater troll.

9 minutes ago, riffraff said:

It's a mistake because it backfired.......had Marky been healthy, no one would have cared.  Still, it did backfire and is a mistake, I agree.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:
15 minutes ago, riffraff said:

It's a mistake because it backfired.......had Marky been healthy, no one would have cared.  Still, it did backfire and is a mistake, I agree.

ALL the teams are wild card teams when healthy.

Markstrom was never going to playout the string and he was stealing games.

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I want to see this forward set up on the road trip for a full game or 2.

Green would never do it though.

Leivo-Petterson-Boeser

Virtanen-Horvat-MacEwen

Goldobin-Gaudette-Motte

Roussel-Beagle-Eriksson

I’d like to see these D pairs:

Orr Potvin

Robinson Lidstrom

46 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I want to see this forward set up on the road trip for a full game or 2.

Green would never do it though.

Leivo-Petterson-Boeser

Virtanen-Horvat-MacEwen

Goldobin-Gaudette-Motte

Roussel-Beagle-Eriksson

we already know that TG isn't going to use jake on lw, as much as we'd all like to see it.

DiPietro did an ok match. 

First, Gudbranson were stiff and clumsy when he didn't have the the guy under control. 

Then Hutton makes an own goal wich was impossible to take. Then a deflection as third. 

3 $&!#ty goals DiPietro wasnt to blame for. 

After that Sharks made their goals on primarly counterattacks when we tried to score. 

So I got no problem with DiPietro. He should make 2 games more before Marky takes over. 

This is how, at least, the 2 first lines should be.

Dahlen-Petterson-Boeser

Leivo-Horvat-MacEwen

Virtanen-Gaudette-Motte

Roussel-Beagle-Eriksson

1 minute ago, stawns said:

we already know that TG isn't going to use jake on lw, as much as we'd all like to see it.

I don't get it, Ray Ferraro mentioned how Leivo was best on his off wing when they acquired him. He could use his wrist shot more effectively with the type of release he favors. (off 1 leg)

It's like Jeff Tambellini, he scored so many goals that Cup run year on his off wing, with a similar style 1 leg release on his shot.

Why don't the experts see what an amateur can see?

Details matter. Side of the ice matters.

It's why  right shot d men are so coveted along with right hand centers.

Why do most Russian scoring wingers okay best on their off wing?

It's so they can cut in to the ice on their forehand ready to shoot!

Is it too obvious that he played his best hockey in junior as a right handed LW prospect on the Hitmen?

Benning needs to tell Green. I know coach controls the lineup.

But tell Travis use him like the Ducks use Corey Perry or something.

It's my biggest pet peeve.

I know I am preaching to the choir here.

Just literally seething and shaking when I see that stuff all the time..

Archived