The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I have issue with some areas of Guddy's game, these kinds of meme attacks are the realm of gutless. They're personal attacks that expose the person creating them for the small and sad person they truly are. 

I'm sure the geek that posted this thinks he's clever, but probably hasn't accomplished half of what Gudbranson has, as Erik is playing in the NHL, which is the pinnacle of what he set out to do. 

Could he improve parts of his game? Sure. Is he trash like you so stupidly stated he is? Nope. He's still an athlete performing on the highest stage he can, and I'm sure neither you nor the other geek who made that stupid meme could make the same claim. 

crocker2007.jpg

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

crocker2007.jpg

Man, you're clever too. You made that meme didn't you?

I'd say the same thing about Pouliot, Gagner, or any other player. Sure, they and Gudbranson aren't in the upper echelon of NHL superstardom, and probably will never be. It's easy to throw stones from the shadows and make memes or something stupid like you just did. Doesn't take much brain power. But good job, stud. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I have issue with some areas of Guddy's game, these kinds of meme attacks are the realm of gutless. They're personal attacks that expose the person creating them for the small and sad person they truly are. 

I'm sure the geek that posted this thinks he's clever, but probably hasn't accomplished half of what Gudbranson has, as Erik is playing in the NHL, which is the pinnacle of what he set out to do. 

Could he improve parts of his game? Sure. Is he trash like you so stupidly stated he is? Nope. He's still an athlete performing on the highest stage he can, and I'm sure neither you nor the other geek who made that stupid meme could make the same claim. 

I mean.

look at this guy.

enough said.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As a guy who wants Guddy traded... I couldn't agree with your post any more. 

Fans should never go to this length to bash players on their own team. 

Had it been a shot on a blind guy like doughty Malkin or Keith I'd be all for it, but to bash our own boys doesn't fly with me. 

Hope Guddy can turn his game around and put a big foot in my mouth along with all his other haters. 

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

They should ask if Bertuzzi would want the Canucks to draft his son in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Tag Bertuzzi.

He's having pretty brutal stats in the OHL so maybe he'll fall further than his projected 86th overall. 

If he's available in the 4th round I %100 take him. 

That said... I'll leave drafting to Jim. It's his specialty. I'm sure he'll make the right decisions. 

1 hour ago, on the cycle said:

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/05/22/canucks-army-year-in-review-erik-gudbranson-2/

For people saying Gudbranson is awesome, here's a deep dive of last season's statistics for him.

You're obsessed, and it's sad.

Some fans like that he scares the $&!# out if most players. Take Evander (Misdemeanor) Kane choosing to avoid a confrontation with him, all the while trying to slash his calf with a skate. 

You and the other Gudbranson haters are truly obsessed. You endlessly project and try to convince others that he's not a top four defenseman, when no one has ever made that claim here.

You quote a $&!#ty blog site that makes its bread on bashing half of the Canucks roster, who don't conform to analyticzzzz. JD Burke and the rest of the losers that write there are biased as hell, and some even admit to not watching games. Great source. Keep up with the obsession while other fans hope for the best from the guy while realizing his limitations. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You're obsessed, and it's sad.

Some fans like that he scares the $&!# out if most players. Take Evander (Misdemeanor) Kane choosing to avoid a confrontation with him, all the while trying to slash his calf with a skate. 

You and the other Gudbranson haters are truly obsessed. You endlessly project and try to convince others that he's not a top four defenseman, when no one has ever made that claim here.

You quote a $&!#ty blog site that makes its bread on bashing half of the Canucks roster, who don't conform to analyticzzzz. JD Burke and the rest of the losers that write their are biased as hell, and some even admit to not watching games. Great source. Keep up with the obsession while other fans hope for the best from the guy while realizing his limitations. 

.....ok......the statistics they use are pretty accurate and consistent, of course advanced stats are never perfect but when you see a consistent stat line every season it's undeniably.

As for being obsessed, I want this team to get better so of course I'm going to point out players that aren't very good.

I mean you can just watch players like him and Pouliot and see with your eyes that they aren't very good.

14 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

.....ok......the statistics they use are pretty accurate and consistent, of course advanced stats are never perfect but when you see a consistent stat line every season it's undeniably.

As for being obsessed, I want this team to get better so of course I'm going to point out players that aren't very good.

I mean you can just watch players like him and Pouliot and see with your eyes that they aren't very good.

@PhillipBlunt was pretty bang on.  

46 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Advanced statistics are only truly accurate in baseball. Their deployment in hockey, especially regarding defensemen is questionable. 

Why focus on the players that seemingly aren't very good? What's with this embittered, myopic view of a roster? Since the advent of analytics use in hockey, the cherry picking stats crowd has brought out the most negative, detractors of players I can ever remember. Maybe it's geeks getting revenge on jocks?

When they're deployed in certain pairings, yes their play suffers. However, when Gudbranson was partnered with Edler, his play improved. That doesn't get mentioned by the likes of Canucks Harpies. The Canucks also need a better defensive coach. 

Archived