Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Get rid of this guy already. I am sure some Cup contender will pay too much because of his last name.

Just don't reveal he was an adopted child!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Big Mac is a PPG. Going to finish second in Calder voting.

On a side note, I added 5 people to my ignore list. Jesus Christ.

Why would you put Jesus on your ignore list? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Tryamkin didn't get enough ice time because of Willie. Jim should have told Tryamkin that he would get more ice time the following year. The sad thing is that if Tryamkin doesn't leave we wouldn't have Gudbranson and would still have McCann.

I just think that Benning isn't a very good GM, I wish we would have kept Gilman.

Benning really should be the highest paid director of amateur scouting in the league.

Tryamkin left because he was homesick,or his wife was,forget which.

1 minute ago, on the cycle said:

Tryamkin didn't get enough ice time because of Willie. Jim should have told Tryamkin that he would get more ice time the following year. The sad thing is that if Tryamkin doesn't leave we wouldn't have Gudbranson and would still have McCann.

I just think that Benning isn't a very good GM, I wish we would have kept Gilman.

Benning really should be the highest paid director of amateur scouting in the league.

Tryamkin, Forsling, McCann, Gilman.  The mount rushmore of overrated Canuck Alumni.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Here's a question.  What would you have done differently with those players given the circumstances ?

Shopped Hamhuis and Vrbata much earlier and taken whatever I could get.

Vanek got us Motte which was ok but there were inferior players getting a higher return. Benning always waits too long to makes moves, He could have gotten more but everyone had moved on and found someone else already.

1 minute ago, LarsEller said:

I didn't get to watch the game but I'd say I'm a little concerned for Dipietro. Not to say having a single bad game as a rookie spells the future or that the results tonight were all on him. However the NHL is littered with a history of goaltenders that have been absolutely shelled to start and it turns into a major mental setback. Enough that people often question if the shelling changed their career trajectory. 

Hopefully DiPietro gets back to junior and gets his confidence back. He needs to gets eased into an NHL game thats a little less brutal like preseason games at training camp ect. Not late season vs a legit contender. 

Still super proud of the kid. I’m sure history has shown many goalies having had rough first games. Keep your head up Mike. We drafted you for a reason. Keep at it. 

8 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Where exactly were we going to get a better goalie without giving up assets? An AHL-caliber goalie wouldn't have done much better.

Just curios how many teams in the midst of a run for a playoff spot we’re forced to start a 19 year old inexperienced goalie because they had no other options left. Methinks there is a major fail somewhere.

Just now, on the cycle said:

taken whatever I could get.

You sound like the type of guy people like to negotiate with.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Tryamkin, Forsling, McCann, Gilman.  The mount rushmore of overrated Canuck Alumni.

Tryamkin played 1 season and was pretty great,how is that overrated?

Just now, bertuzzi44fan said:

Tryamkin left because he was homesick,or his wife was,forget which.

Who knows.....I've heard everything from he didn't like Willie, to he missed his parents, to he wanted more money. 

I think it probably came down to ice time considering he was complaining about it in post game interviews.

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

You sound like the type of guy people like to negotiate with.

a dollar is better than no dollar

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Just curios how many teams in the midst of a run for a playoff spot we’re forced to start a 19 year old inexperienced goalie because they had no other options left. Methinks there is a major fail somewhere.

Yeah. We easily should have just signed our pto goalie in utica to leage min contract for the remained of the year as soon as Demko was out.

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Still super proud of the kid. I’m sure history has shown many goalies having had rough first games. Keep your head up Mike. We drafted you for a reason. Keep at it. 

Certainly there are lots of goalies playing that had tough first games too. It just seems like a foolish risk to uneccessarily take. Obviously he did alright considering the circumstances. 

10 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Good lord this thread is chock full of terrible takes.  It took 2 goalies getting injured to put Dipietro in net ; you can't just stockpile goalies in the event of that happening. Doesn't sound like Markstrom is long term and Demko should be back soon.  

Not sure about logistics in acquiring players on short notice but that should have been mission no 1 the minute Demko went down. If I was to find out that JB has been working hard at this to no avail then ok. But if management decided that it wasn’t a glaring immediate need then I’m choked. Especially being in this supposed “wildcard race”. 

This wasn't so bad as some say. DiPietro had some bad luck. 

We didn't score when we had the chance. 

This could easily have been 5-4 to Canucks. 

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Just fluke injuries. Same overreacting fanbase though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

testing

You're safe. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lately, he's not shown much of anything that really inspires me to want to see him stay here. 

Ya it’s getting tough.

ive been in guddy and goldys corner but man......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1