The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

So I have an ongoing bet with the wife, if the Canucks win I do the dishes, if they lose I get sympathy sex. Tonight the wife came home as the game was ending and said it was not fair with DePietro playing so I told her I’d give her 5 to 1 odds and I’m about to get lucky. I love blondes.

Reality check about where the team really is at.  But for all the drama queens going on about how this is going to ruin Di Pietro:  it won't.  The first 3 goals were fluky and none of them were stinkers where he was hugely at fault.  Our D-zone coverage and breakouts were terrible, as usual, and it snowballed, but not because of Di Pietro.  He'll be fine.

1 minute ago, on the cycle said:

I said last season that they can't come back this season with the same blueline.....and they ignored that fact.

Now look at how that turned out.

I can't take another year of Pouliot or Gudbranson.

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe JB will bring Bang Bang Bart and Philip Larsen back as foundational pieces on blueline.

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

been trying hard to support Guddy..  I think at this point Luke schenn  would provide at least as much in terms of actual defensive hockey and probably more snarl in the d zone. 

Schenn has looked good on the farm, he’s even scoring and getting in some time on the power play. Very pleasantly surprised by him.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“A dream come true getting the start. You never want to let in the first shot, but I felt better as the game went on. There are lessons I’ll take from this and work on to end this season and throughout the summer.” - DiPietro

Great attitude. You’re a beauty kid. Don’t let this game bring you down. Keep your head up.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“A dream come true getting the start. You never want to let in the first shot, but I felt better as the game went on. There are lessons I’ll take from this and work on to end this season and throughout the summer.” - DiPietro

I like this kid's attitude. Way to keep your chin up. Almost makes me want to see him start next game and go for the win. Almost. 

13 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Benning had an entire month to get a third stringer . This never should have happened , let a young kid get wrecked by a powerhouse , hopefully it didn’t absolutely destroy his confidence 

There was absolutely 0 reason to trade Nilsson in the first place imo. Easy to say in hindsight though... 

At the end of the day, JB drafted Petey and I probably wouldn't have myself. So JB > Me 

But terrible move letting Nilly go for nothing. 

Regardless Jim has my support. 

17 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

TIL most of CDC are gluttons for punishment. Amazing how many stayed on for whole game. I'll spend the rest of the night asking myself why I did that to myself. 

Tbh, I felt like that game was over in a flash.

This is wrong on so many levels 

not only did we lose an important game 

now you’ve got a young Dipietro who had his confidence shattered 

now you also have an unforgiving fan base and media that remembers the seven goals he let in and how much of a disaster this was 

when a player is not ready you can’t just play him, especially goalies! This is likely his only start in the nhl in the next 5 years and he has a record of what, 7.00 GAA and a 600. save percentage? 

This one is on management ! 

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

EP got a point, Bo hit 20, MacEwen got his first point and Kane didn't get the hatty. That's it for the positives.

Feel terrible for DiPietro but he'll bounce back. Disappointing effort by most of the guys in front of him tonight and I'm disappointed in management for not having a contingency in place in case Marky couldn't go. DiPietro was thrown to the lions/Sharks.

20 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Weak effort from the team in front of Mikey

MacEwen looked good.

Still a soft team.

19 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Big Mac is a PPG. Going to finish second in Calder voting.

On a side note, I added 5 people to my ignore list. Jesus Christ.

That was painful to watch. Feel so bad for DiPietro.  At least the game is over.

But, as Coconuts says, nice to see EP get another point, great to see MacEwen on the score sheet, and Bo hits 20 goals.

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

It was a mistake to play Dipietro. Someone should be held responsible for this. This performance is going to be a reoccurring nightmare to him. 

Markstrom was sick, and Demko injures. We had no other goalie, the blame here is really on JB.

Archived