The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Schenn has looked good on the farm, he’s even scoring and getting in some time on the power play. Very pleasantly surprised by him.

I’ll admit I haven’t seen him in Utica. I do remember him in the nhl and how much I hated it when our guys played him coz he would punish anyone near the crease. 

16 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Benning had an entire month to get a third stringer . This never should have happened , let a young kid get wrecked by a powerhouse , hopefully it didn’t absolutely destroy his confidence 

DiPietro is nowhere near as fragile as some of you guys are. Sheesh

5 minutes ago, Qwags said:

This really has opened my eyes on just how good Marky has been.

the difference between two good teams in competitive hockey is always the goaltending....and usually, the team with the best goaltender wins.

...not saying the Canucks are as good as the Sharks....but when two teams are evenly matched.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe JB will bring Bang Bang Bart and Philip Larsen back as foundational pieces on blueline.

omg no. I don't get how Jim is soo good at evaluating amateur talent but soo terrible when it comes to pro evaluation, especially with defencemen.

I've been saying Gudbranson is terrible since we traded for him. I got attacked for saying it and now everyone has realized how bad he is.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What did he say?

When asked by Murph if they did anything different knowing there is a rookie Jr goalie, he said no and didn't try to make a big deal out of it. He said it was a tough position for him to be in, and said more than once that he felt bad for the kid, but they needed the 2 pts. 

I know this is unpopular but I think the fans here are being too critical of the team. Dipietro had a poor game. He certainly didn't help the cause. 

The game could have been very different with Markstrom in net. Jacob stood on his head to beat Calgary. Canucks will need goaltending performances like that to have a chance against the top teams in the league. Mediocre or below average won't cut it. 

Good thing is Mikey is young and still has ways to go in his development. I felt bad that he was put in this situation. Clearly not ready. It's not that the team let him down. It's just that he should have never been in this situation in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I’ll admit I haven’t seen him in Utica. I do remember him in the nhl and how much I hated it when our guys played him coz he would punish anyone near the crease. 

I honestly had never paid attention to him till he came to Utica. I heard all the old stuff that he was slow and not really built for the NHL now. But his mobility is not as bad as i’ve heard. He is slow, but he is positionally sound, strong, and tough to move. Has a good slapper too, they have been utilizing it on the power play with some success.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“A dream come true getting the start. You never want to let in the first shot, but I felt better as the game went on. There are lessons I’ll take from this and work on to end this season and throughout the summer.” - DiPietro

Really like his attitude. No matter what he says though, it'll be in his head. Hopefully it motivates him more :)

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

They may have won but Kane is one baby Shark 

Guddy could have easily gone after him to fight after he slashed him... Looked like Kane was down for it. Guddy just walked off lol 

Gudbranson is a mean guy that has fallen in love and has lost his mean streak. I've seen this happen a lot in men. Sadly his mean streak is what makes him a good dman... And without it, I don't think he's very effective. 

Perhaps a change of scenery can revive his game. Or maybe gf/wife troubles will anger him? 

Really good guy... Extremely good looking... Loved that he stood up on occasion for his teammates over his tenure here (fight vs Haley was amazing)... But I just don't see how he benefits this team long term. 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I would laugh if Dipietro came out and said “the goalie can’t want it more than the players”

Huh? Yeah...that would be a brilliant move by a 19 year old rookie.  :picard:

Thank god for us Canuck fans he said he learned a lot and will continue to get better.

Not a real team guy are you??!!

Archived