The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The SNC-Lavalin Scandal - Jody Wilson-Raybould Refuses to leave Office

DonLever

So the next 24 hours will be interesting. Do the Libs cut JWR loose from the party, or do they wait for her to quit on her own? If they wait for her to leave, they can try to paint her as never really committed to the Liberals and had an axe to grind. If she stays, they can spin it as things aren't as bad as the opposition states since she's staying. Best thing JT can do is wait. 

14 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Haha!

You're here to tell me there's no factual basis in that article? All opinion is it?

No I'm here to tell you David Frum is a known liar and if you somehow someway decide that a debate piece where he gets his say without posting the other sides statements is credible over simple historical fact than you're an idiot.

Debt by PM.  Google it.  It will show very simple numerical facts.  Trudeau may have screwed up the BOC and dropping the gold standard but if you sincerely think he owns the bulk of the debt you're a partisan simpleton

18 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh that. Badly yes. I said at the start he needed to come clean on all of it right away. 

Its amazing to me that politicians never learn the lesson that you can't really hide these things. The longer you wait the worse it can get. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So the next 24 hours will be interesting. Do the Libs cut JWR loose from the party, or do they wait for her to quit on her own? If they wait for her to leave, they can try to paint her as never really committed to the Liberals and had an axe to grind. If she stays, they can spin it as things aren't as bad as the opposition states since she's staying. Best thing JT can do is wait. 

:lol: 

You should totally replace Butts with your strategic genius  :P 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No I'm here to tell you David Frum is a known liar and if you somehow someway decide that a debate piece where he gets his say without posting the other sides statements is credible over simple historical fact than you're an idiot.

Debt by PM.  Google it.  It will show very simple numerical facts.  Trudeau may have screwed up the BOC and dropping the gold standard but if you sincerely think he owns the bulk of the debt you're a partisan simpleton

Good grief.

Simply Google "Pierre Trudeau debt legacy" and take your pick of the many articles listed. 

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Justin Trudeau has the most debt per person in Canadian history.

Edited by Ryan Strome

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If the shoe fits...  Lionized wears it....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

It's the 700+% debt increase incurred by his father I'm referring to, but yeah, there's also this.

The apple indeed does not fall far from the tree.

His father started the massive spending in Canada and it never stopped until Chretien when it became a crisis. PET was PM for 15 years and only had 1 surplus that is a disastrous record.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

His father started the massive spending in Canada and it never stopped until Chretien when it became a crisis. PET was PM for 15 years and only had 1 surplus that is a disastrous record.

not quite that simple. The Fraser Institute did a good review of PM spending. You may not like all the results.

https://torontosun.com/2017/05/11/trudeau-has-second-highest-per-person-spending-since-1870/wcm/54cda6b9-5d00-455a-a1ff-f325f6973d88

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not quite that simple. The Fraser Institute did a good review of PM spending. You may not like all the results.

https://torontosun.com/2017/05/11/trudeau-has-second-highest-per-person-spending-since-1870/wcm/54cda6b9-5d00-455a-a1ff-f325f6973d88

I clicked the link

the start of the graph looks like a penis

it then follows with pictures of a bunch of dicks

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I have read that. I'm not a die hard to any pm or party. I prefer the conservatives but in 2015 I voted libertarian.

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have read that. I'm not a die hard to any pm or party. I prefer the conservatives but in 2015 I voted libertarian.

going back to the 70s to lay the blame for most debt on PET is just too simplistic, it also ignores all the GDP and capacity gain some of that money got Canada (a lot was pissed away too).

We had a libertarian party in 2015? 

44 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Instead of just criticizing other for saying Father Trudeau was one of Canada's greatest PMs, why not give us examples of how things should be done and tell us who you think was Canada's greatest PM?

1) Mackenzie King

2) Lester B Pearson

3) John A Mcdonald.