The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The SNC-Lavalin Scandal - Jody Wilson-Raybould Refuses to leave Office

DonLever

2 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

I sure hope so...Ontario Quebec and BC need to realize how much he's hurting the rest of the country 

Sorry to put you guys in that pot but the rest of Canada's in a recession

So are those provinces but two of them get whatever they want and BC always has Vancouver speaking for the province.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Fall 2019, the right honourable PM Andrew Scheer.

easy fella, don't count them chickens quite yet :lol:

its too soon to know how this will play out regionally, it might get him votes in Quebec. The Liberals might lose a few SJWs over it but Liberal supporters aren't going to run en masse to Singh. 

15 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Having the AG pressured to give a company a sweet deal for corruption, and still be able to bid for government contracts is disgusting.

you mean a legal option? 

its all great to be about social justice, when its not your job being lost. 

The legal options for SNC aren't the issue here, its whether or not the pressure put on JWR was illegal, unethical, inappropriate, or just big pants politics. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Fake god damn news.

Ive heard that fake narrative for years..its constant.. canada is in a boom,busy etc sorry if your in Sask Alberta Saskatchewan or outside the major hubs of canada there is no work for the working class 

Half my workforce has had to move  to bc to find constant work.

Industry and major commercial projects have died across this country in the past  6 years...its sad when someone like me listened to the government in the push to keep people in trades (the working class) for nothing

I represent the union and our workers and its a sad state looking at all these young men who are lost with no end in sight after years

2 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Fake god damn news.

Ive heard that fake narrative for years..its constant.. canada is in a boom,busy etc sorry if your in Sask Alberta Saskatchewan or outside the major hubs of canada there is no work for the working class 

Industry and major commercial projects have died across this country in the past  6 years...its sad when someone like me listened to the government in the push to keep people in trades (the working class) for nothing

I represent the union and our workers and its a sad state looking at all these young men who are lost with no end in sight after years

so you are blaming Trudeau for them being in a boom and bust industry, and the fact that its harder to find jobs outside of major centres? any other facts of life you'd like to lay at his feet?

Edited by Jimmy McGill

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

easy fella, don't count them chickens quite yet :lol:

its too soon to know how this will play out regionally, it might get him votes in Quebec. The Liberals might lose a few SJWs over it but Liberal supporters aren't going to run en masse to Singh. 

The conservatives are leading in Ontario...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you mean a legal option? 

The legal options for SNC aren't the issue here, its whether or not the pressure put on JWR was illegal, unethical, inappropriate, or just big pants politics. 

You are a smart guy but would you admit it is easy for smart guys to be hypocrites?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The conservatives are leading in Ontario...

you and i both know there's only one poll that counts. 

Trudeau has laid out a pretty defensible position on this, and JWR herself said that he said "no" when she asked him if he wanted to politically interfere in her decision,  so we'll just have to see how it plays out. I doubt it will be a kitchen table issue for most. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so you are blaming Trudeau for them being in a boom and bust industry, and the fact that its harder to find jobs outside of major centres? any other facts of life you'd like to lay at his feet?

Boom and bust industry...didnt realize construction and skilled workers were not a necessity...hey anyone can build a building sheltering human lives

Tradesmen must be like Gold miners I guess 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you mean a legal option? 

Whether it was a legal option or not isnt even the question here.  The issue is that JWR had made a decision and then was contacted atleast 11 times requesting her to get involved and change her mind on the decision. She stuck with to her guns and was then demoted for her decision. And for Trudeau himself to get involve and make mention that he was concerned about the Quebec election and to remind her that he was an MP there is ridiculous .

• Upvote 1

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Boom and bust industry...didnt realize construction and skilled workers were not a necessity...hey anyone can build a building sheltering human lives

Tradesmen must be like Gold miners I guess 

yeah, construction does have cycles. Or has something changed?

I had to leave SK years ago to find work, I'm not whining about it, I'm glad there were other places that had more jobs. We're lucky that we have that option in Canada. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you and i both know there's only one poll that counts. 

Trudeau has laid out a pretty defensible position on this, and JWR herself said that he said "no" when she asked him if he wanted to politically interfere in her decision,  so we'll just have to see how it plays out. I doubt it will be a kitchen table issue for most. 

Excuse me... He said no when she told him how inappropriate it was. Are you now against JWR?

Should stood up for what is right, I don't care your political preference Canada needs more people like her.

1 minute ago, TheAce said:

Whether it was a legal option or not isnt even the question here.  The issue is that JWR had made a decision and then was contacted atleast 11 times requesting her to get involved and change her mind on the decision. She stuck with to her guns and was then demoted for her decision. And for Trudeau himself to get involve and make mention that he was concerned about the Quebec election and to remind her that he was an MP there is ridiculous .

or he's trying to keep jobs in Quebec. FFS if this was Calgary and Harper, no one in the CPC would be complaining, at all.

So she was pressured. Welcome to politics.  I only care if it moved into something unethical and illegal. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

I sure hope so...Ontario Quebec and BC need to realize how much he's hurting the rest of the country 

Sorry to put you guys in that pot but the rest of Canada's in a recession

Sorry what

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This right there

13 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Fake god damn news.

Sorry for you that you're working in a depressed sector of the economy but that in no way shape or form proves anything you've claimed.  Sask is down in part due to crop issues but also rail issues.  Selling a few things 5 years ago came back to haunt them.  Oil and energy are hurting because America has no need for our energy.  Industry and major commercial projects are still very much happening.  You represent a union, not THE union or the workers across the country.  Unemployment rates are static, debt to GDP is decreasing, inflation currently in check.

Sorry bud, that opinion doesn't fly in the face of simple facts

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Excuse me... He said no when she told him how inappropriate it was. Are you now against JWR?

Should stood up for what is right, I don't care your political preference Canada needs more people like her.

No, not at all. 

No she stood up for the option she preferred as AG - that is to not get involved with the decisions of her justice department. Even though she did have that legal option to do so, its not something she personally viewed as appropriate. 

I think she was a fantastic AG who made real changes for the better. But its clear from today that she wasn't necessarily good political team mate.