The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anti-vaccination, whats old is new again

JM_

There's a significant difference between an anti-vaxxer and a pro-vaxxer.

For instance, the vast majority of adults who believe they are 'vaccinated' actually are not, as many and most vaccines have a 'life-span' so to speak. It's the reason one has to get a tetanus shot if they've been exposed to possible tetanus infection and there booster isn't up to date.

How many adults in Canada right now have their measles vax up to date? Surprisingly few.

How many small-pox vaccines are administered today to youth in North America? Virtually none, as herd protection against the virus effectively eradicated the virus amongst the general population.

There is such a thing as ineffective & unnecessary vaccinations...thank God H1N1 didn't kill off the entire human population, or SARS...cut those vaccines definitely did the trick.

Yup. And no pharmaceutical made money off that $&!#.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

For instance, the vast majority of adults who believe they are 'vaccinated' actually are not, as many and most vaccines have a 'life-span' so to speak. It's the reason one has to get a tetanus shot if they've been exposed to possible tetanus infection and there booster isn't up to date.

How many adults in Canada right now have their measles vax up to date? Surprisingly few.

How many small-pox vaccines are administered today to youth in North America? Virtually none, as herd protection against the virus effectively eradicated the virus amongst the general population.

There is such a thing as ineffective & unnecessary vaccinations...thank God H1N1 didn't kill off the entire human population, or SARS...cut those vaccines definitely did the trick.

Blasted a nail through my hand last summer 

they em wanted to give me a tetanus.

i said no.  They really tried to pressure me actually.

in fact after the procedure to remove the nail, they had the needle waiting and the nurse cane at me with it.

ive probably cut myself on metal, wood, whatever in the hundreds.

so far so good.

371C8134-4285-4195-94F9-DB4A79CD39CF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Puncture wounds, especially deep penetrating one, are harder to clean and more prone to infection.

Tetnus/ Lockjaw is not a good way to die. The mortality rate is 10% and people have muscle spasms bad enough to break their own bones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

"

etanus, also known as lockjaw, is a bacterial infection characterized by muscle spasms.[1] In the most common type, the spasms begin in the jaw and then progress to the rest of the body.[1] Each spasm usually lasts a few minutes and spasms occur frequently for three to four weeks.[1] Spasms may be severe enough to cause bone fractures.[6] Other symptoms of tetanus may include fever, sweating, headache, trouble swallowing, high blood pressure, and a fast heart rate.[1][6] Onset of symptoms is typically three to twenty-one days following infection.[1] Recovery may take months.[1] About ten percent of cases prove fatal.[1]

Tetanus is caused by an infection with the bacterium Clostridium tetani,[1] which is commonly found in soil, saliva, dust, and manure.[2] The bacteria generally enter through a break in the skin such as a cut or puncture wound by a contaminated object.[2] They produce toxins that interfere with normal muscle contractions.[3] Diagnosis is based on the presenting signs and symptoms.[1] The disease does not spread between people.[1]

Tetanus can be prevented by immunization with the tetanus vaccine.[1] In those who have a significant wound and have had less than three doses of the vaccine, both vaccination and tetanus immune globulin are recommended.[1] The wound should be cleaned and any dead tissue should be removed.[1] In those who are infected, tetanus immune globulin or, if unavailable, intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) is used.[1]Muscle relaxants may be used to control spasms.[3]Mechanical ventilation may be required if a person's breathing is affected.[3]

Tetanus occurs in all parts of the world but is most frequent in hot and wet climates where the soil contains a lot of organic matter.[1] In 2015 there were about 209,000 infections and about 59,000 deaths globally.[4][5] This is down from 356,000 deaths in 1990.[7] Description of the disease by Hippocrates exists from at least as far back as the 5th century BC.[1] The cause of the disease was determined in 1884 by Antonio Carle and Giorgio Rattone at the University of Turin, and a vaccine was developed in 1924

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Probably not something you want to boast about, that is incredibly stupid. 

Imagine the wait in the emergency room if every tradesman went in for a tetanus after every owie on the job.  It would approach the obesity strain on healthcare.

Edited by riffraff
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Imagine the wait in the emergency room if every tradesman went in for a tetanus after every owie on the job.  It would approach the obesity strain on healthcare.

A tetanus shot isn't needed for every owie so I don't get what you are trying to convey with this scenario.

• Upvote 4

On 2/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, riffraff said:

you probably got your tetanus shot when you were around 15 and didn't realize it. It should be boosted every 10 years. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

To think that one baby (that was too young for the vaccine) may have caught the measles because due to visiting BC Children's.

My son goes to BC Children's like every week for checkups and has yet to get vaccinated.... :unsure:

this is the truly frightening part, people willing to put others newborns at risk. Its criminal imo. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nothing surprises me anymore.

- Moon landings. FAKED!

- Immunization. FAKE!

- Earth is round. FAKE!

- Humans effect climate through population explosion, consumption and waste. FAKE!

- Science. FAKE!

The people yelling FAKE could be handed definitive evidence, or even get results from an experiment that validates moon landings, vaccines, spherical Earth, climate change, or science and these people would double down in their beliefs.  Ken Ham admitted to it in his debate with Bill Nye.   The flat Earthers in the recent documentary "Behind the Curve" demonstrated it.  I could go on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/20/2019 at 4:50 PM, falcon45ca said:

Measles vaccinations are good for a lifetime. 

But, yes, people are generally bad at getting their boosters.

13 minutes ago, taxi said:

Measles vaccinations are good for a lifetime. 

But, yes, people are generally bad at getting their boosters.

2 doses of MMR vaccines gives 20 + years, which isn't a lifetime...tho it may seem like it at times.

Absolutely zero vaccines last for the average human lifespan. None, nada, zilch, zippo.

However, getting the measles and surviving will give a person immunity for life.

So how deadly are the measles for those of us living in developed nations?

In 2011 a European measles outbreak resulted in approximately 1 death per 3000 cases. 

Lawdy lawd, the end times is a comin'. 

9 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

2 doses of MMR vaccines gives 20 + years, which isn't a lifetime...tho it may seem like it at times.

Absolutely zero vaccines last for the average human lifespan. None, nada, zilch, zippo.

However, getting the measles and surviving will give a person immunity for life.

So how deadly are the measles for those of us living in developed nations?

In 2011 a European measles outbreak resulted in approximately 1 death per 3000 cases. 

Lawdy lawd, the end times is a comin'. 

I dont get the big deal with Measles I have had colds worse than the Measles. To me it is just a scare tactic to enforce mandatory vaccinations.

I am not against vaccinations i have most of if not all of mine or had at some point in my life some are probably not effective anymore if they ever were?. My kids have had theirs but with that i also dont feel many are necessary like chickenpox, Measles, or even the flu shot. (my kids have all but the flu shot) 

I think the biggest issue to our health is our food and the crap they put in it. If they would have stricter regulations and create healthier food i dont think most of the vaccines would be necessary as our bodies could easily fight of most of these illnesses.

I will tell you what i am against and that is forced medical treatment on any human without their consent. that goes for forced vaccination as well as non natural fluoridation of our drinking water or any other mass medication of the populous. 

Just so we are clear. 

I believe we landed on the moon.

I also believe the earth to be a spherical object blasting through space at absolutely ridiculous speed while spining around a giant ball of fire created by the nuclear fusion of hydrogen.

I am not sold on the jfk thing and i am also iffy on the 911 shenanigans but i try to keep an open mind lol. 

Edited by surtur
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, surtur said:

I dont get the big deal with Measles I have had colds worse than the Measles. To me it is just a scare tactic to enforce mandatory vaccinations.

I am not against vaccinations i have most of if not all of mine or had at some point in my life some are probably not effective anymore if they ever were?. My kids have had theirs but with that i also dont feel many are necessary like chickenpox, Measles, or even the flu shot. (my kids have all but the flu shot) 

I think the biggest issue to our health is our food and the crap they put in it. If they would have stricter regulations and create healthier food i dont think most of the vaccines would be necessary as our bodies could easily fight of most of these illnesses.

I will tell you what i am against and that is forced medical treatment on any human without their consent. that goes for forced vaccination as well as non natural fluoridation of our drinking water or any other mass medication of the populous. 

Just so we are clear. 

I believe we landed on the moon.

I also believe the earth to be a spherical object blasting through space at absolutely ridiculous speed while spining around a giant ball of fire created by the nuclear fusion of hydrogen.

I am not sold on the jfk thing and i am also iffy on the 911 shenanigans but i try to keep an open mind lol. 

But then we would have to be responsible for ourselves.  And most people want their hand held through life having decisions made for them.

Just so we're clear on the dangers of contracting the Measles:

Measles can be dangerous, especially for babies and young children. From 2001-2013, 28% of children younger than 5 years old who had measles had to be treated in the hospital.

For some children, measles can lead to:

• Pneumonia (a serious lung infection)
  • Lifelong brain damage
  • Deafness
  • Death

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/measles.html

It's easy to say that we live in a first world country and that deaths are rare, but the fact is, Measles threaten the most vulnerable part of our society and they aren't able to protect themselves. Shrugging it off as "no big deal" is not only lazy, it's highly irresponsible.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2