The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

"Panarin has Canada on a no fly list, with the exceptions of Toronto and Vancouver for what their 'cities bring'. This is for the summer, not at the deadline. Obviously the Leafs can't afford him, for what he'll cost but Vancouver could be an interesting destination that isn't being talked about vs the usual suspects of the Kings, Rangers, Panthers and Lightning.

(Towards the 20 minute mark)
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/tsn-hockey-bobcast-tradecentre-edition-1.1261471

Just now, Warhippy said:

Panarin has Vancouver free amongst markets in Canada, geographically miles closer to Russia.

Panarin interested in Vancouver

Vancouver has great bakeries.

Panarin is called Bread man.

People eat bread.

Panarin to Vancouver confirmed

heard he's scouting out Gingerbread houses

Just now, ruilin96 said:

This is just TSN trying to get fans talking. I don't see Panarin coming to a Canadian city at all in the summer. Toronto won't be able to afford him with their cap situation. I will be super surprise if he even considers Vancouver an option. He will probably go back to Chicago.

I think he'll go to Chicago as well. I'm not surprised Vancouver and Toronto are on his list, they are both very nice cities. Doesn't mean there's a fit there at all.

It's nice seeing this though. Vancouver doesn't have to worry about location being an issue which is great and players already want to play with Elias.