Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Luke Schenn | #2 | D

25 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

No, no you don't ! You have him tied to a whipping post and the alpha male in you needs to have satisfaction.

Gudbranson had about half a dozen o-zone moments last night. I think he may have ended up behind the NYI net on one rush. He had 4 official shots on goal, one which Lehner was lucky to keep out of the net. Perhaps you missed last night's game. Let me guess, you also 'like' Sutter, Eriksson, Tanev and Edler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

lmao yeah okay...

I've never seen Gudbranson skate with the puck past the red line.

Was that supposed to be an example of fast skating (let alone from EIGHT years ago)?

Schenn is SLOOWWWWWWWWW.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Green Goblin said:

You shot me down by quoting RU DavidPratt. Ouch !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

You shot me down by quoting RU DavidPratt. Ouch !

Fair enough. I unfortunately had to miss last night's game so I never saw those half a dozen o-zone moments. But I still think the bad in his overall game outweighs the Gud. ;)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strombone said:

Two looked great tonight. Nice Canucks debut. Lots of hard shots and lots of hard hits.

I agree, pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A cheaper Gudbranson. I could get behind this.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Played a simple game. Stayed with his man in front of the net. Shots were quick decisions and on net.  If he can add some toughness to that on a consistent basis I can live with that for a bottom pair RHD.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel like Schenn's youth has been wasted after seeing a performance like he did tonight. Hopefully he can stay with the team on a longer basis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Impressive first showing as a Canuck for Schenn. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looked good last night. We'll see how he does against better and faster opposition...

• Like 1

I hope Schenn can keep it up for the rest of the season. I'm really hoping he fits the Andrew Alberts mold as the reliable #7 or #8 guy.

• Like 1

at least we are not paying a 3rd pairing d-man 4 million bucks. i liked the simplicity of his game. if he doesn’t maintain his game he can be left unsigned next year. a win win deal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Looked good last night. We'll see how he does against better and faster opposition...

Image result for eating words meme

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Exactly.  Anaheim isn't exactly a good benchmark....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Image result for eating words meme

Or we can be adults....

He played well last night against an old, slow and crappy team. We'll see how he does against a much better and faster COL team.

• Upvote 1

I know it's only one game, but I would imagine Schenn was nervous about his Canucks debut, after struggling with LA, ARI and ANA the last few years. Still, he's under 30, has size and seems to be a responsible player to takes care where he passes.

I'm okay with this next year.

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Schenn

Juolevi 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I know it's only one game, but I would imagine Schenn was nervous about his Canucks debut, after struggling with LA, ARI and ANA the last few years. Still, he's under 30, has size and seems to be a responsible player to takes care where he passes.

I'm okay with this next year.

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Schenn

Juolevi 

Schenn should not be in our starting 6 next year if Benning's doing things right IMO. 7th/8th...maybe. And they won't have Juolevi sitting in the press box.

Sign an inexpensive left D UFA to compete with Sautner/Brisebois/Juolevi for the final/spare left D slots. 

Possibly move Hutton (+?) for an upgrade at LW (pending drafting one). 

Bring in Hughes and sign one of Karlsson/Myers. If Hutton's retained, I'd probably keep him with Stecher on our 2nd pair.

Look to move Tanev at some point in his expiring year (when he's not hurt! :lol:) and slide Hughes to the right and recall Juolevi.