The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Adam McQuaid to Blue Jackets for Julius Bergman, 2019 4th-round pick, 2019 7th-round pick

7 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Columbus trying to avoid the cost of flying people to Vancouver for the 2019 draft. Only a few more picks left to move out and they are golden.

no doubt, i checked and they only have a third and 7th rounder left.  lol

could the leafs move on to Gudbranson?  he's a RHD which they need and he's physical like McQuaid.  Problem would be cap hit and if/how much the Canucks would retain. 

Perhaps bigger return if we retain more but retaining say 50% could hurt 2 years from now but at least the Contract would be over before signing Petterson and Hughes. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

New York had the assets to easily move. Our most attractive easy to move asset is Goldobin. Apples to Oranges...

I don't care how easy or hard it is. It's his job to make this team better.

Doing nothing means you're not doing your job.

Not doing your job would get you and I fired. So it should be no different for him. And we (as fans keeping him employed) should be holding him accountable. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

Burke loves what the Jackets are doing.

He HATEs what the Leafs are doing.  Says no matter what Nylander and Gardiner are gone.  Team not truculent enough like the Jackets.  I love Burke

Woulda thought they'd have been all over McQuaid -- RHD and tough.  Apparently Mr. Dubas not willing to pay up.

2 minutes ago, fecklund said:

what's that, 14 picks NY has acquired now in the last year?

WAKE UP BENNING :mad:

Yeah, we coulda got dat big haul for Gudbranson!!

Archived