The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Cute,

But has Guddy had a bad game since he's been there? there was a dude talking about Pits on the radio saying exactly that.

Seems to me it was their stars that have been sucking lately....heck I'd even go as far as saying they actually s#*t the bed, never mind farting.

Maybe. But we can revisit halfway through next year and I'm betting the Pens fans will not be impressed with Guds. Time will tell. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

Maybe. But we can revisit halfway through next year and I'm betting the Pens fans will not be impressed with Guds. Time will tell. 

Oh, I thought he had done something that made the Pens 'see the bride with her make up off'

Just looked it up, he's been there for 23 games. I don't know how you fake being a decent player for that many games but he's quite the actor I suppose. 

I don't  think he is more than a 5/6 Dman and is overpaid to some degree. Yet I obviously think that he fits on a balanced squad with the right system for him.

This has been one of the more divisive trades for our team for a while. There's pre-schadenfreude going on from here for this poor dude. He hasn't actually screwed up yet but some are already jumping the gun to laugh at his future misfortunes. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, I thought he had done something that made the Pens 'see the bride with her make up off'

Just looked it up, he's been there for 23 games. I don't know how you fake being a decent player for that many games but he's quite the actor I suppose. 

I don't  think he is more than a 5/6 Dman and is overpaid to some degree. Yet I obviously think that he fits on a balanced squad with the right system for him.

This has been one of the more divisive trades for our team for a while. There's pre-schadenfreude going on from here for this poor dude. He hasn't actually screwed up yet but some are already jumping the gun to laugh at his future misfortunes. 

I wish Guds well as he is a great guy and was proud to wear the blue and green. Fans like me are just disappointed in his play here as was JB. If he can hold his game up until the halfway point of next year I will be happy for him. For now though I suspect his showing the last quarter of the year was more based on the pump from the change of scenery and playoffs. He played his best when he first got here as well. I cannot look away from his terrible play for the Canucks this year and we are a better team without him. The Pens D this post season, from what I saw, were horrible with their outlet passes except for Schultz. This will wear thin on the forwards as they will not get the puck in good positions. Guds outlet passes were absolutely brutal. 

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I wish Guds well as he is a great guy and was proud to wear the blue and green. Fans like me are just disappointed in his play here as was JB. If he can hold his game up until the halfway point of next year I will be happy for him. For now though I suspect his showing the last quarter of the year was more based on the pump from the change of scenery and playoffs. He played his best when he first got here as well. I cannot look away from his terrible play for the Canucks this year and we are a better team without him. The Pens D this post season, from what I saw, were horrible with their outlet passes except for Schultz. This will wear thin on the forwards as they will not get the puck in good positions. Guds outlet passes were absolutely brutal. 

Sure that's not his strength at all. What Gudbranson is very good at is stopping puck carriers from entering the dzone, his fists obviously and apparently his locker room presence.

But I hear ya, time to move on. I'm happy with Pearson. Lets pick up this convo halfway through next season.:)

• Cheers 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, rekker said:

I think the honeymoon on this trade will soon be over. Two more years of Guds at 4 million. I think the Pens have seen the bride with her makeup off. Next up she starts farting under the sheets. 

C'mon rekker - this kind of thing is dramatic - I don't know what "the Pens" elect or elected to see in Gudbranson thus far - but let's give him a fair shake.

In the playoffs:

47.4% ozone starts - the lowest of their D.

56.4% corsi was 3rd best among their D - Letand and DuMoulin a few points higher, had 59 and 62% ozone starts.

Gudbranson was the only Pitt D that wasn't a minus in the playoffs despite the kind of minutes he played.  We saw the youthfulness of Pettersson, his partner - in things like bailing on getting hit, being separated from the puck, in critical times.  Pettersson is a good young 22 yr old D, but he sure as hell wasn't 'carrying' Gud as some folks here desperately have tried to maintain.

Gudbranson remained in that lineup, when guys like Olli Maata and Jack Johnson - who played all 82 games in the regular season - were healthy scratches in the playoffs.

Gudbranson's regular season numbers there....were even better.

40.6% ozone starts - again, the lowest on their blueline.

54.7% corsi

+7

I was happy to see Gud get the monkey off his back - not an easy thing to do when being dealt to a team at the deadline - many, maybe the majority of those types of moves don't tend to turn out well in the shorter run - which I think bodes well for him - as opposed to your bride farting under the sheets thing, which isn't really hockey talk.

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

...I think it's still useable...just a bit of stains! Good for a spare bedroom i'd say, especially for your inlaws, who checks under the sheets anyways...HAHA

mattress.jpg

Looks like your average Costco return.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

C'mon rekker - this kind of thing is dramatic - I don't know what "the Pens" elect or elected to see in Gudbranson thus far - but let's give him a fair shake.

In the playoffs:

47.4% ozone starts - the lowest of their D.

56.4% corsi was 3rd best among their D - Letand and DuMoulin a few points higher, had 59 and 62% ozone starts.

Gudbranson was the only Pitt D that wasn't a minus in the playoffs despite the kind of minutes he played.  We saw the youthfulness of Pettersson, his partner - in things like bailing on getting hit, being separated from the puck, in critical times.  Pettersson is a good young 22 yr old D, but he sure as hell wasn't 'carrying' Gud as some folks here desperately have tried to maintain.

Gudbranson remained in that lineup, when guys like Olli Maata and Jack Johnson - who played all 82 games in the regular season - were healthy scratches in the playoffs.

Gudbranson's regular season numbers there....were even better.

40.6% ozone starts - again, the lowest on their blueline.

54.7% corsi

+7

I was happy to see Gud get the monkey off his back - not an easy thing to do when being dealt to a team at the deadline - many, maybe the majority of those types of moves don't tend to turn out well in the shorter run - which I think bodes well for him - as opposed to your bride farting under the sheets thing, which isn't really hockey talk.

C'mon OldNews. Lighten up, just having some fun. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

...I think it's still useable...just a bit of stains! Good for a spare bedroom i'd say, especially for your inlaws, who checks under the sheets anyways...HAHA

mattress.jpg

That’s a bad night, right there. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

@fakenews 

This is what it looks like when someone knows hockey enough to evaluate things with their eyes as opposed to some hockey nerd using analytics.

Gudbranson is bad, he was bad during his time in Van and he's still bad now, he can't even crack their lineup.  Using corsi during a 4 game playoff?  Like really?

Don't know what Pittsburgh was thinking.  Good job gmjb

@Flake Lines

This is what a mindless chirp looks like - no counterpoint - mere one-liner, unsubstantiated, opinionated waste of time.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, The 5th Line said:

Lucic is a beast I would still take him on my team any day.  One of the last true enforcers/power forwards.  Mean looking, no visor, no f's to give, tough as nails, beauty. 

particularly ironic right on the heels of your Lucic fluffing.

As tedious as they come.

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

But the things I said about Lucic are true.  Not for 6 mil and I never said he was better than anyone in particular 

Nobody bats 1000 but you must be in the .125 range by now.  Be better

I agree that Looch got a return.  Hate the Flames more than I hate the Oilers, so glad they are stuck with his anchor for four years. 

• Cheers 2