The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Please, when you say that to all that say the same about par example Loui I might listen to you but I haven't seen anyone doing that. Just a few fans that think it's ok to lecture me because I critisize Bennings handling of interviews. 

You are only adding more to the fire. The reason the topic won't die is because you keep fanning the flames again and again. More people jump on the subject to try and defend their team and GM, and you keep saying the same thing over and over to anyone that tries to explain their side. Yes, it does take 2 sides to make a fight. But it's on you for keeping things going, and it will be on you to stop it as well...if you start a fight you have to end it one way or another...

cheers

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Good lord, just stop it already. We all get that you don't like our current management...but you don't have anything new to add to your argument, you repeat things over and over. We get it, ok! If you had some new original thoughts to this then great discuss away...but you don't, it's just the same thing over and over....

I have no problems with you discussing your thoughts and opinions on here, we are all allowed to do that. But it's all you talk about. Can you diversify yourself a bit and talk about something else??

May I suggest that you put Timrafan on ignore?  That's what I have done...this way, the only time I read his dribble is when someone engages him, which I wish didn't occur. The Eriksson and Dahlen thread would be a much better place if everyone simply ignored Timrafan and didn't respond to his zzzzzzzzzz argument (singular on purpose).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Good one.

I don't think he's actually anti-Canuck, he's just extremely pro-Sweden. Doesn't like the idea of a Canadian getting some credit for Pettersson getting drafted here.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-petterssons-smarts-skill-and-will-became-perfect-package-for-canucks

Canucks general manager Jim Benning first saw Pettersson at the 2017 world junior championship. And even though he only had one assist in six games (Sweden placed fourth), Benning couldn’t take his eyes off him.

“Every time he touched the puck, he made something happen,” recalled Benning. “That’s the first thing that jumped out at me — his ability and vision to see where everybody was. And with the accurate release on his shot, he didn’t take much time and could rip it.”

It was the same story when chief amateur scout Ron Delorme and director of amateur scouting Judd Brackett saw Pettersson do his thing. It got to the point where Delorme was adamant the slick Swede had to be on top of the club’s draft board.

Ronnie saw him early and was a loud voice for him right from the start — even before any of us saw him,” recalled Benning. “He was in my office and said: ‘We’ve really got to watch this guy.’ He loved his skill and hockey sense.”

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

May I suggest that you put Timrafan on ignore?  That's what I have done...this way, the only time I read his dribble is when someone engages him, which I wish didn't occur. The Eriksson and Dahlen thread would be a much better place if everyone simply ignored Timrafan and didn't respond to his zzzzzzzzzz argument (singular on purpose).

I agree. I attempted to ask him for sources and provide actual concrete evidence to support his ridiculous made up claims, yet he never did and just continued to argue and back peddle no matter what was said. It's best to just place him on ignore. Put the troll where he belongs back under his bridge hahaha.

On a side note can we lock this and the Eriksson thread already talk about beating a dead horse! Hahaha

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

I don't think he's actually anti-Canuck, he's just extremely pro-Sweden. Doesn't like the idea of a Canadian getting some credit for Pettersson getting drafted here.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-petterssons-smarts-skill-and-will-became-perfect-package-for-canucks

Canucks general manager Jim Benning first saw Pettersson at the 2017 world junior championship. And even though he only had one assist in six games (Sweden placed fourth), Benning couldn’t take his eyes off him.

“Every time he touched the puck, he made something happen,” recalled Benning. “That’s the first thing that jumped out at me — his ability and vision to see where everybody was. And with the accurate release on his shot, he didn’t take much time and could rip it.”

It was the same story when chief amateur scout Ron Delorme and director of amateur scouting Judd Brackett saw Pettersson do his thing. It got to the point where Delorme was adamant the slick Swede had to be on top of the club’s draft board.

Ronnie saw him early and was a loud voice for him right from the start — even before any of us saw him,” recalled Benning. “He was in my office and said: ‘We’ve really got to watch this guy.’ He loved his skill and hockey sense.”

Your quote doesn't contradict what I say. I only said that the first take on Petey probably came from Inge. Why do you think it's proswede to acknowledge the right people? 

6 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

You are only adding more to the fire. The reason the topic won't die is because you keep fanning the flames again and again. More people jump on the subject to try and defend their team and GM, and you keep saying the same thing over and over to anyone that tries to explain their side. Yes, it does take 2 sides to make a fight. But it's on you for keeping things going, and it will be on you to stop it as well...if you start a fight you have to end it one way or another...

cheers

I'm not keen on letting bullying, lying, bias etc be flaunted here without anyone defendkng better understanding. If you don't believe check what Iv/ talking about. Ignorance is bsd... 

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Your quote doesn't contradict what I say. I only said that the first take on Petey probably came from Inge. Why do you think it's proswede to acknowledge the right people? 

Why not just give Delorme some credit for being in the Petey fan club early on? It's certainly who Benning gave credit to. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Why not just give Delorme some credit for being in the Petey fan club early on? It's certainly who Benning gave credit to. 

Why do you think I don't think Delorme is worth some credit? 

Here is a quote from a swedish newspaper:

"Inge Hammarström scoutade Elias Pettersson

Brackett kallar scouten Inge Hammarström för klubbens "boots on the ground" i Sverige när man följde Elias utveckling.

– Precis som alla andra NHL-klubbar måste vi ha en närvaro lokalt i olika europeiska länder för att kartlägga de talanger som kommer fram. Sedan gjorde vi andra resor till Sverige i olika omgångar för att titta på Elias och lyssna till Inges rapporter om hur hans utveckling såg ut."

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/sa-lurade-de-alla-for-att-fa-elias/

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'm not keen on letting bullying, lying, bias etc be flaunted here without anyone defendkng better understanding. If you don't believe check what Iv/ talking about. Ignorance is bsd... 

I'm actually trying to help you. I have read all the way back from the beginning. It's always you in the mix. If you don't see the connection that you are a big part as to why this thread is so negative then I don't know what else to tell you.

I am not bullying you, but giving you some hard advice. If you perceive that as bullying then we're done here. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you're being bullied... Take my advice or don't... But trust me we all get your point so you can really stop talking about it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm actually trying to help you. I have read all the way back from the beginning. It's always you in the mix. If you don't see the connection that you are a big part as to why this thread is so negative then I don't know what else to tell you.

I am not bullying you, but giving you some hard advice. If you perceive that as bullying then we're done here. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you're being bullied... Take my advice or don't... But trust me we all get your point so you can really stop talking about it.

Well if scolding is automatically yelling, then helping is clearly bullying :lol:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Please, when you say that to all that say the same about par example Loui I might listen to you but I haven't seen anyone doing that. Just a few fans that think it's ok to lecture me because I critisize Bennings handling of interviews. 

Why would anyone listen to you when you don't listen to anyone else not supporting your opinion?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Why do you think I don't think Delorme is worth some credit? 

Here is a quote from a swedish newspaper:

"Inge Hammarström scoutade Elias Pettersson

Brackett kallar scouten Inge Hammarström för klubbens "boots on the ground" i Sverige när man följde Elias utveckling.

– Precis som alla andra NHL-klubbar måste vi ha en närvaro lokalt i olika europeiska länder för att kartlägga de talanger som kommer fram. Sedan gjorde vi andra resor till Sverige i olika omgångar för att titta på Elias och lyssna till Inges rapporter om hur hans utveckling såg ut."

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/sa-lurade-de-alla-for-att-fa-elias/

English works better here.

Brackett calls the Scout Inge Hammarström for the club's "boots on the ground" in Sweden when the development of Elias was followed. 
– Like all the other NHL clubs, we need to have a presence locally in different European countries to map out the talents that come up. Then we made other trips to Sweden in different rounds to look at Elias and listen to Inge reports on how his development looked. "

But there's more before that statement.....

But we had had him under careful supervision since he was 16 years old. We had followed him in the junior national team in the Hlinka Tournament, four-nation and five-nation as well as the World Cup tournaments organized for J-18 and J-20. We gave Elias Pettersson the stamp "Priority watch" early, which means it's a talent we need to have extra control over, "says Judd Brackett, who holds the title of Director Amateur Scouting at Vancouver Canucks.

So it seems Brackett told Inge that Pettersson was a priority watch after seeing him at the Hlinka tourney with Delorme and was the primary scout. He was heavily scouted by the Canucks leading up to the draft after that. I don't know why this is such a touch point for you. There's nothing in there saying they were told to watch Pettersson at the tourney. Just that they came away making him a priority watch and Inge assigned their "boots on the ground" to follow him. Benning saying afterward that Delorme came back "a loud voice" for Petey right up to draft day.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why would anyone listen to you when you don't listen to anyone else not supporting your opinion Swedish bias?

Fixed that for you. :lol:

It seems to be the common theme to his posts. If you're critical of a Swedish player he's there to defend them and place blame on the coach or GM. Dahlen is traded our coaches don't know how to treat Swedish players. Like we've never had Swedish players here before. lol

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

English works better here.

Brackett calls the Scout Inge Hammarström for the club's "boots on the ground" in Sweden when the development of Elias was followed. 
– Like all the other NHL clubs, we need to have a presence locally in different European countries to map out the talents that come up. Then we made other trips to Sweden in different rounds to look at Elias and listen to Inge reports on how his development looked. "

But there's more before that statement.....

But we had had him under careful supervision since he was 16 years old. We had followed him in the junior national team in the Hlinka Tournament, four-nation and five-nation as well as the World Cup tournaments organized for J-18 and J-20. We gave Elias Pettersson the stamp "Priority watch" early, which means it's a talent we need to have extra control over, "says Judd Brackett, who holds the title of Director Amateur Scouting at Vancouver Canucks.

So it seems Brackett told Inge that Pettersson was a priority watch after seeing him at the Hlinka tourney with Delorme and was the primary scout. He was heavily scouted by the Canucks leading up to the draft after that. I don't know why this is such a touch point for you. There's nothing in there saying they were told to watch Pettersson at the tourney. Just that they came away making him a priority watch and Inge assigned their "boots on the ground" to follow him. Benning saying afterward that Delorme came back "a loud voice" for Petey right up to draft day.

We can agree on that we don't know the whole story. 

As I said earlier, I believe Inge was told long before Petey was 16 that a wonderboy was coming. Bu t someone has to check with Inge. 

14 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Fixed that for you. :lol:

It seems to be the common theme to his posts. If you're critical of a Swedish player he's there to defend them and place blame on the coach or GM. Dahlen is traded our coaches don't know how to treat Swedish players. Like we've never had Swedish players here before. lol

In two different interviews Benning has put fire under(in this cases, swedish) 2 players. Benning could have dealt those interviews in a proffessional, diplomatic way. 

I don't know how bad Benning is in other interviews because I'm usually not so interested in his interviews. 

4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

When I'm talking about bullying I'm not refering to myself. I know what I'm doing and can take care of myself. B)

Regarding me in the mix, off course. Dahlen was bullied because of Bennings interview. I detest that behaviour from fans. Benning should know better. 

When you get the "bullying" fans to stop their posting you won' t notice me. 

• Wat 2

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

When I'm talking about bullying I'm not refering to myself. I know what I'm doing and can take care of myself. B)

Regarding me in the mix, off course. Dahlen was bullied because of Bennings interview. I detest that behaviour from fans. Benning should know better. 

When you get the "bullying" fans to stop their posting you won' t notice me. 

Ok I know I just said to stop engaging you but I'm really curious who exactly is bullying Johnathan Dahlen and how? There was no evidence of him being yelled at at all. Even you your self have said neither you nor I know and can only speculate. 

He didn't gel with our system and was traded to his 3rd NHL club but where are you getting he's been bullied?

I'm just curious is all.

Edited by KanNuck