The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm actually trying to help you. I have read all the way back from the beginning. It's always you in the mix. If you don't see the connection that you are a big part as to why this thread is so negative then I don't know what else to tell you.

I am not bullying you, but giving you some hard advice. If you perceive that as bullying then we're done here. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you're being bullied... Take my advice or don't... But trust me we all get your point so you can really stop talking about it.

Save your breathe and block the troll, i did and its great!

typical of this generation,

"Oh you don't  agree with me? Let me call it bullying or sexism or racism just so i still get to have the moral high ground of still being right, in my mind"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm actually trying to help you. I have read all the way back from the beginning. It's always you in the mix. If you don't see the connection that you are a big part as to why this thread is so negative then I don't know what else to tell you.

I am not bullying you, but giving you some hard advice. If you perceive that as bullying then we're done here. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you're being bullied... Take my advice or don't... But trust me we all get your point so you can really stop talking about it.

Somebody say bullying?

THIS.

IS HOCKEY.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Holy this thread is out of control. Someone needs to lock this. Everyone stop engaging the troll. Hahaha.

I’ve digressed,. And beleive that @Timråfan is Jeff Paterson..   not much going on in his crease but ice chips and frozen goober.

...trust this quote to be flattering, and nothing less.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

In two different interviews Benning has put fire under(in this cases, swedish) 2 players. Benning could have dealt those interviews in a proffessional, diplomatic way. 

I don't know how bad Benning is in other interviews because I'm usually not so interested in his interviews. 

This Just proves how terrible your opinions are.

Your speculations hold air like a whiffle ball.. and when you can’t back it up you fall on the ice and flop around like a fish out of water,. Rise to you knee and call it bullying.

May the salty tear I shed, melt the thin ice you stand on (cause you can’t skate),  and as you fall again,. Please take Eriksson with you.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve digressed,. And beleive that @Timråfan is Jeff Paterson..   not much going on in his crease but ice chips and frozen goober.

...trust this quote to be flattering, and nothing less.

Patterson sounds like a Swedish name. You might be onto something...

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Baggins said:

Do you mean lie rather than saying it as it is? I'm not even sure what it is he said that you view as so awful.

I talked with Attila about ignorance. Look at this forum howfans behaved before and after certain interviews by Benning. 

Dahlen went to be a primadonna or something similar after Benning messed up. 

You know that Petey and Dahlen are pals right? And see each other at least every summer.  This issue with fans talking $&!# about Dahlen is a distraction for Petey. 

Petey knows now that this club has some low life fans. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Me_ said:

Somebody say bullying?

THIS.

IS HOCKEY.

Sorry, but no, this is entertaining. Petey is hockey from his head down his toes. Do you want Petey to be beaten in the rink? 

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This Just proves how terrible your opinions are.

Your speculations hold air like a whiffle ball.. and when you can’t back it up you fall on the ice and flop around like a fish out of water,. Rise to you knee and call it bullying.

May the salty tear I shed, melt the thin ice you stand on (cause you can’t skate),  and as you fall again,. Please take Eriksson with you.

Again, you only show that you don't understand. 

When did I speculate regarding Benning? (this is where I should start eat those damn popcorns...) 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

I talked with Attila about ignorance. Look at this forum howfans behaved before and after certain interviews by Benning. 

You know that Petey and Dahlen are pals right? And see each other at least every summer.  This issue with fans talking $&!# about Dahlen is a distraction for Petey. 

The more that gets written on fan forums, the more it “becomes” an issue. You are fuelling the fire as much as the “other side”.

It is probably time to leave this pointless arguing and realise that both sides will not be changing their opinions.

The stark reality is that Dahlen just wasn’t ready for the NHL and he may never be ready. Three different organisations worked that out independently.

Good luck to Jonathen. If he put as much effort in and played as tenaciously as timrafan he may have made it...

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

What does Benning have to do with how fans behave? All Benning did was explain why Dahlen was traded. He has no control over how fans react to that at all.

I could care less that Petey and Dahlen are friends as it's irrelevant. Hockey is a business. Dahlen's agent contacted Benning requesting a trade. He was traded. Pettersson on the other hand seems pretty happy here even after his buddy was traded.

If Petey, or any other Canuck, goes on fan forums they are absolute idiots. There's always those heaping criticism on players on fan forums. Players tend to stay away from what's written about them by media let alone what "low life" fans write. If you choose a life in the spotlight you had best have thick skin when it comes to what's said about you. If they actually gave a crap what fans say on this or any other forum Edler, Tanev, Sutter, Virtanen and more would have demanded to be moved long ago to get away from us "low life" fans.

Speaking of "ignorance" is it ignorant of you to label us all here "low life fans"?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

What does Benning have to do with how fans behave? All Benning did was explain why Dahlen was traded. He has no control over how fans react to that at all.

I could care less that Petey and Dahlen are friends as it's irrelevant. Hockey is a business. Dahlen's agent contacted Benning requesting a trade. He was traded. Pettersson on the other hand seems pretty happy here even after his buddy was traded.

If Petey, or any other Canuck, goes on fan forums they are absolute idiots. There's always those heaping criticism on players on fan forums. Players tend to stay away from what's written about them by media let alone what "low life" fans write. If you choose a life in the spotlight you had best have thick skin when it comes to what's said about you. If they actually gave a crap what fans say on this or any other forum Edler, Tanev, Sutter, Virtanen and more would have demanded to be moved long ago to get away from us "low life" fans.

Speaking of "ignorance" is it ignorant of you to label us all here "low life fans"?

When did I label all of you? There only a few fans that are so bad. 

You are quite resonable compared. 

Regarding players reading online. You have their friends and family doing that if they aren't. And many players are egos. They like to see what people think. They tend to hide it though. Especially since they got that advice everywhere about not reading what people say about them. 

9 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

When did I label all of you? There only a few fans that are so bad. 

You are quite resonable compared. 

Regarding players reading online. You have their friends and family doing that if they aren't. And many players are egos. They like to see what people think. They tend to hide it though. Especially since they got that advice everywhere about not reading what people say about them. 

If they like to see what people think, as I already said, they had best develop thick skin when choosing a career in the spotlight. Life isn't all rainbows and unicorns in sports and entertainment. Better players than Dahlen get critiziced.

I don't see anything Benning did or said as over the top or unprofessional. It begs the question though: Was Eriksson "unprofessional" complaining to the Swedish press about his coach and ice time? It's not like Eriksson didn't get any opportuniuties here. He's failed to produce even remotely to the expected level regardless of playing with the Sedins or Horvat/Baertschi. He even started last season lined up with Petey and worked his way downward again. Is he deserving of criticism for his play and/or complaining publicly about his ice time being reduced?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Baggins said:

If they like to see what people think, as I already said, they had best develop thick skin when choosing a career in the spotlight. Life isn't all rainbows and unicorns in sports and entertainment. Better players than Dahlen get critiziced.

I don't see anything Benning did or said as over the top or unprofessional. It begs the question though: Was Eriksson "unprofessional" complaining to the Swedish press about his coach and ice time? It's not like Eriksson didn't get any opportuniuties here. He's failed to produce even remotely to the expected level regardless of playing with the Sedins or Horvat/Baertschi. He even started last season lined up with Petey and worked his way downward again. Is he deserving of criticism for his play and/or complaining publicly about his ice time being reduced?

bethenny frankel wiffle GIF

40 minutes ago, Baggins said:

This is young players with a brain that isn't working properly for at least five years more. Til they're 25 anyway. 

Theydon't know a bit about the backside of the spotlight. 

I don't see anything Benning did or said as over the top or unprofessional.

He put the "spotlight" on the player instead of doing what a leader do. A leader should not be afraid to stand alone in the storm. Benning tries to avoid critizism against himself by saying things that is negative about the player. That is not proffessional or what a leader should do. 

If he leads by example you will get a club that backstabs each other to save face... 

It begs the question though: Was Eriksson "unprofessional" complaining to the Swedish press about his coach and ice time? It's not like Eriksson didn't get any opportuniuties here. He's failed to produce even remotely to the expected level regardless of playing with the Sedins or Horvat/Baertschi. He even started last season lined up with Petey and worked his way downward again. Is he deserving of criticism for his play and/or complaining publicly about his ice time being reduced?

Loui is not the GM of the whole organisation. He is a player that should be shielded by his GM if he makes a mistake. Loui answered questions that arise due to forum like this. 

Where do you think the swedish journalist got his "questions" from regarding Louis negative trend? 

The journo probably read this forum as it is the easiest and probably best regarding info(rumours) about the club. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

21 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

This is young players with a brain that isn't working properly for at least five years more. Til they're 25 anyway. 

Theydon't know a bit about the backside of the spotlight. 

He put the "spotlight" on the player instead of doing what a leader do. A leader should not be afraid to stand alone in the storm. Benning tries to avoid critizism against himself by saying things that is negative about the player. That is not proffessional or what a leader should do. 

If he leads by example you will get a club that backstabs each other to save face... 

Loui is not the GM of the whole organisation. He is a player that should be shielded by his GM if he makes a mistake. Loui answered questions that arise due to forum like this. 

Where do you think the swedish journalist got his "questions" from regarding Louis negative trend? 

The journo probably read this forum as it is the easiest and probably best regarding info(rumours) about the club. 

I highly doubt a reputable journalist read this forum to gain a basis for his interview but nice try. Loui should be shielded? He's a bloody veterans who should be held accountable. What happened to responding to my last post? Convenient you missed that one eh? Where I asked you when exactly and how exactly did Benning bully Dahlen and asked you to provide sources? Lol. Must've missed that.

You have no credibility and every single person on this site is sick of you and your opinions. Agree to disagree. Let it slide. I must say you do not behave like any swede I've ever encountered but instead give a bad name and act as a fool.

I can also assure you it doesn't matter how these players specifically Dahlen and Eriksson are moved out. One hasn't lived up to a contract and has been given every opportunity to be successful and then threw his coach under a bus, no player is going to not come here based on this one being demoted to the AHL or forced into retirement. No player will blame the franchise the guy turned down trades and forced Benning's hand.

Dahlen.... Well 3 NHL teams determined for themselves the kid is full of attitude problems and has a poor work ethic. How you can sit there and spew s*** against this hockey club when 3 other franchises have done the same is beyond me. When asked to play two way hockey he ignored his coaches and took it personal now look at him, headed back to 2nd tier Swedish hockey. Don't even start with your hair drying, yelling he's been bullied rhetoric because you can provide sources and have contradicted yourself and admitted your speculating about that after 20 some odd pages of nonsense claims which you've based most of your argument on. I assure you Peterson doesn't care and if he does who cares. We own his rights. Playing with our boys he's gonna have a good time and enjoy success. His but hurt buddy won't cause any problems down the road. This isn't going to effect a thing except your cry baby mentality.

Obviously your not a fan of this team. Why don't you shut the **** up and do us all a favour and go sit under your bridge. Noone cares what you say troll.

1 minute ago, KanNuck said:

I highly doubt a reputable journalist read this forum to gain a basis for his interview but nice try. Loui should be shielded? He's a bloody veterans who should be held accountable. What happened to responding to my last post? Convenient you missed that one eh? Where I asked you when exactly and how exactly did Benning bully Dahlen and asked you to provide sources? Lol. Must've missed that.

You have no credibility and every single person on this site is sick of you and your opinions. Agree to disagree. Let it slide. I must say you do not behave like any swede I've ever encountered but instead give a bad name and act as a fool.

I can also assure you it doesn't matter how these players specifically Dahlen and Eriksson are moved out. One hasn't lived up to a contract and has been given every opportunity to be successful and then threw his coach under a bus, no player is going to not come here based on this one being demoted to the AHL or forced into retirement. No player will blame the franchise the guy turned down trades and forced Benning's hand.

Dahlen.... Well 3 NHL teams determined for themselves the kid is full of attitude problems and has a poor work ethic. How you can sit there and spew s*** against this hockey club when 3 other franchises have done the same is beyond me. When asked to play two way hockey he ignored his coaches and took it personal now look at him, headed back to 2nd tier Swedish hockey. Don't even start with your hair drying, yelling he's been bullied rhetoric because you can provide sources and have contradicted yourself and admitted your speculating about that after 20 some odd pages of nonsense claims which you've based most of your argument on. I assure you Peterson doesn't care and if he does who cares. We own his rights. Playing with our boys he's gonna have a good time and enjoy success. His but hurt buddy won't cause any problems down the road. This isn't going to effect a thing except your cry baby mentality.

Obviously your not a fan of this team. Why don't you shut the **** up and do us all a favour and go sit under your bridge. Noone cares what you say troll.

martin lawrence GIF

• Haha 2

I highly doubt a reputable journalist read this forum to gain a basis for his interview but nice try.

If you knew journalists you would understand. They look in every corner of the net to find something. 

Where do you get the "reputable journalist" don't read forum like this from? 

Besides, sportsjournos in Sweden is more like gossip journalist than quality news  journalists. 

Loui should be shielded? He's a bloody veterans who should be held accountable.

So how accountable should a GM for the whole organisation be held? 

Loui isnvt paid to talk but a GM is that. 

What happened to responding to my last post? Convenient you missed that one eh? Where I asked you when exactly and how exactly did Benning bully Dahlen and asked you to provide sources? Lol. Must've missed that.

If you missed that you probably missed a lot. Bennings interview when he said something about young players want to play in NHL insinuationg Dahlen was one of them. 

Benning tried to save face when he traded away Dahlen... Poor leadership. 

You haven't met any intelligent yet then...  

Players avoid Canada already due to fans and media. Every incident like these two make it harder...  So Dahlen and Loui isn't the issue here. But hey, keep on thinking like you do and think that I biased or what you believe. 

What did you say about agree to disagree, let it slide? 

When did Benning become Mr Canuck? 

Why do you say I spew sh** against this club? 

If Utica is bad for some prospects the Canucks loose money. 

• Wat 1