Sign in to follow this  
Rollieo Del Fuego

Linus Karlsson | C

3 hours ago, zimmy said:

In his day he was an absolute force of nature, a bull on the ice. To see him struggle so much that one year was at times maddening and then confusing. Such a shame.

It was a shame, indeed. Under the orders of the Soviet military they could keep his appetites Under control, but without a discipline imposed from above he was a lost soul. After Makarov, he was supposed to be the best of the Russians, but sadly we could not make the remaining two thirds of the KLM line work. Of course, Larionov being here for Bure May have been what made that work at the start of that great career.

• Hydration 1

Can he play in the AHL next season?  We need centers in Utica and he is looking better as we hear more about him.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:51 AM, dpn1 said:

Can he play in the AHL next season?  We need centers in Utica and he is looking better as we hear more about him.

He can, just needs to sign and ELC. I think the team may be more inclined to let him play another year in Sweden before coming over, but that all depends on what Karlsson wants to do with his career. We have until June 2022 to figure out what to do with him

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

On 3/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow, really good to see him cranking it up. Liking that trade and still chuckle at people who tried to question Peterson's desire or happiness based on his "friend" playing or not. :lol:

Karlsson's season has been the tale of two teams. His first team, Karlskrona, was somewhat challenged offensively. Their leading scorer has 37 points in 52 games (0.71 PPG) and Karlsson in his time there before the trade had 22 points in 36 games (0.61 PPG). Karlsson's new team however has some more offensive firepower and his offense has taken off as a result. Karlskoga, his new team, has the 6th and 7th leading scorers in the league at just over 1PPG each. Karlsson has put up 18 points in 12 games (1.5 PPG) on this team.

If Karlsson does stay in Sweden for another year, hopefully he can continue this kind of offensive output. 

It would be great for his confidence to let him stay there one more year and try to replicate that kind of production over a full season.  He'd come to the AHL much better prepared if he did.  He'd essentially taking the opposite path of the one Dahlen took.  Hopefully with the opposite results!

• Upvote 1

I’d rather him come to Utica. We don’t have much centre prospect depth and he would develop well given a lot of opportunities in a tougher league. The problem in Utica with Dahlen is that he wasn’t willing to put in the work that the coach asked to earn ice time. I don’t see that problem with Karlsson.

• Hydration 1

16 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I’d rather him come to Utica. We don’t have much centre prospect depth and he would develop well given a lot of opportunities in a tougher league. The problem in Utica with Dahlen is that he wasn’t willing to put in the work that the coach asked to earn ice time. I don’t see that problem with Karlsson.

I know that this has been the mantra for a couple of years,  but this season has been different.  Graovac and Stevens were great pick ups to complement Hamilton, Camper and Malone, and during an injury period Jasek came thru with flying colours as an emergency replacement center between Bailey and Lind for the most part but also seeing duty between Baertschi and Goldobin.

I think Linus' development would be best served with another year in Sweden

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

I know that this has been the mantra for a couple of years,  but this season has been different.  Graovac and Stevens were great pick ups to complement Hamilton, Camper and Malone, and during an injury period Jasek came thru with flying colours as an emergency replacement center between Bailey and Lind for the most part but also seeing duty between Baertschi and Goldobin.

I think Linus' development would be best served with another year in Sweden

Hamilton, Camper and Malone are not Canuck prospects, they are Utica signings. Canuck signings in Utica at the Center position are Graovac and Jasek. Graovac has spent most of the year injured. Since Gaudette made the Canucks, they are so weak at centre, with the combination of retreads, the perpetually injured, and simply inadequate that they had to reposition Jasek (which was a benefit for Jasek). But centre ice is definitely the weak spot on the team. That could improve dramatically if Karlsson makes the journey, but there is also the remote possibility that Focht or Costmar could make the team, or that the Canucks could pick up another free agent project such as MacEwen - or an unsigned college player that is closer to being ready to make the jump to minor pro.

• Hydration 1