Sign in to follow this  
Rollieo Del Fuego

Linus Karlsson | C

Recommended Posts

On 9/27/2019 at 3:50 AM, JoeHockey said:

Linus Karlsson has started his season. 1 goal after 3 games played

 

His goal was an empty netter which can be seen in the video within the article here...starts around 2.25

 

https://www.khk.se/gamecenter/qWX-8BWldB5Zv/articles/post

Thanks for posting this.

Nice goal; steals the puck, works his way free of 4 opponents, and scores.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 1:21 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Good god...if NHL players and prospects are too thin skinned to read social media and whine about it, or too stupid to read it in the first place, they will never make the big leagues imo. Successful people don't let others dictate their mood nor their performance. 

 

What a thin skilled little millennial Dahlen is whining about fans giving him a hard time. Boo frickin hoo. 

 

Good riddance. 

While I agree, I do hope and think the clubs in this day and age, pull their younger players to the side and have a serious talk about social media. 

No the slightest concerned about Dahlen, but the thought of a prospect losing focus due to the garbage being posted, doesn’t fill me with joy. 

 

I do agree to players should have nuts big enough to deal with it, but some of the prospects are very young...

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 9:30 AM, UticaHockey said:

Anyone that follows me on here knows that I wasn't very high on Jonathon Dahlen.  But I also will separate the player from the person.

 

As a parent of kids about the same age as many of these young prospects I understand the difficulty some face when leaving home and going away for the first time in their young lives.  Some excel when given this new found freedom while others withdraw and really struggle internally.  I will never fault Dahlen the person for wanting to go back home if that is where his heart is.

 

But Dahlen the player may never turn into the NHL player many had expected he would be if he doesn't have the drive and mental toughness to take on new challenges directly.  There were red flags that to me were signs that he wasn't ready for the challenge of moving towards a NHL career.  First was the mono episode and left Utica to go back to Timra. Then staying with Timra instead of coming back to Utica or even moving up to the SHL midseason when he had a chance.  Now going back to Timra again after they were relocated back to tier 2.

 

Again if that is where his comfort level is at his young age then I'm happy for him.  But his aspersions for playing in the NHL get slimmer each time he chooses comfort over sticking with something that he finds difficult.

 

And since this is a Linus Karlsson thread I hope he has a break out year then takes the bull by the horns and comes to Utica next season.

@Timråfan I include this guy into the discussion because this guy refuses to see the evidence presented in front of him, and only follows his own perceived narrative.

 

The NHL was in front of Dahlen. He could've played with Pettersson, yet he decides to demand a trade after only one year in the AHL (doesn't even finish the year). He could've just worked harder in the summer, THEN ask for a trade, which would still be too soon; however, that at least would've given him some more time to think about it.

 

So anyway, Canucks trade him away. Dahlen is "shocked" at the trade. Goes to the Sharks who also put him into the AHL. Dahlen decides to bolt for a relegated Timra team (not even the higher tiered SHL teams), which shows he has little to no ambition to go up from there.

 

I really wonder if Dahlen isn't as "spoiled" as he is portrayed to be. As you said @UticaHockey, maybe his comfort level is simply not in NA. That still doesn't explain why Dahlen demanded a trade to begin with.

 

Either way, Dahlen was the one who caused this problem, regardless of how "shocked" he was at being traded. Good riddance.

 

 

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spook007 said:

While I agree, I do hope and think the clubs in this day and age, pull their younger players to the side and have a serious talk about social media. 

No the slightest concerned about Dahlen, but the thought of a prospect losing focus due to the garbage being posted, doesn’t fill me with joy. 

 

I do agree to players should have nuts big enough to deal with it, but some of the prospects are very young...

Even my grandson's Bantam team did this a week ago during a professionally conducted "Mental Health and Wellness" session. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

@Timråfan I include this guy into the discussion because this guy refuses to see the evidence presented in front of him, and only follows his own perceived narrative.

 

The NHL was in front of Dahlen. He could've played with Pettersson, yet he decides to demand a trade after only one year in the AHL (doesn't even finish the year). He could've just worked harder in the summer, THEN ask for a trade, which would still be too soon; however, that at least would've given him some more time to think about it.

 

So anyway, Canucks trade him away. Dahlen is "shocked" at the trade. Goes to the Sharks who also put him into the AHL. Dahlen decides to bolt for a relegated Timra team (not even the higher tiered SHL teams), which shows he has little to no ambition to go up from there.

 

I really wonder if Dahlen isn't as "spoiled" as he is portrayed to be. As you said @UticaHockey, maybe his comfort level is simply not in NA. That still doesn't explain why Dahlen demanded a trade to begin with.

 

Either way, Dahlen was the one who caused this problem, regardless of how "shocked" he was at being traded. Good riddance.

 

 

Why even bother? 

I don't see a lot of understanding from you... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Even my grandson's Bantam team did this a week ago during a professionally conducted "Mental Health and Wellness" session. 

Cheers Rick... that's what I thought and it makes perfect sense...

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I've told you this many, many times. How I wished Dahlen would succeed in Vancouver. When they talked about Pettersson getting drafted, the name Dahlen kept coming up, over and over, who was Pettersson's best friend at home.

 

I was angry at the trade, then I saw what happened.

 

It's about time you realized that Dahlen was the one who screwed up his chance - not Benning or anybody else. He has a responsibility.

 

As soon as he didn't get his NHL shot, he bolted to Timra, even though there was a better SHL option for him. Don't give me this "loyalty" crap. If he was loyal, he would've stayed with the Canucks until he paid his dues. Canucks didn't think he was ready for the NHL, even though Dahlen insisted that he was. Guess what? San Jose didn't think he was either.

 

So what does Dahlen do? Takes his ball and goes home. Not sure I want this kind of player on the team if he gives up so easily. I mean he didn't even last ONE YEAR in the AHL before demanding a trade. Christ, he could've demanded a trade at the end of training camp, where he'd get a FULL SUMMER to train with Pettersson to be an NHLer. Instead, he gives up that opportunity.

 

This is on HIM and him only. Quit making excuses for him.

Dahlen shouldn't have played in Utica... Plain and simple. Bad coaches and too much difference in culture. 

Dahlen wanted a change, not a trade. 

Loyalty should be honoured by you. Utica isn't Canucks... Timrå is his heart and soul. With the right coaches Canucks could have been his heart and soul also. But you seem to go after the shiny armor that is empty on the inside. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Dahlen shouldn't have played in Utica... Plain and simple. Bad coaches and too much difference in culture. 

Dahlen wanted a change, not a trade. 

Loyalty should be honoured by you. Utica isn't Canucks... Timrå is his heart and soul. With the right coaches Canucks could have been his heart and soul also. But you seem to go after the shiny armor that is empty on the inside. 

Who is this Dahlen?    not good enough for any NHL team I guess?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentSam said:

Who is this Dahlen?    not good enough for any NHL team I guess?

 

As I just noted Dazzle about. Dahlen has his own Alumni-thread. Go there instead... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

As I just noted Dazzle about. Dahlen has his own Alumni-thread. Go there instead... 

Alumni... I'd hardly call it that.

 

Linus Karlsson was a good trade, as I said above. It's really too bad. Dahlen messed this up. SJ on the other hand is usually really good with their drafted prospects. They seem to be better at when they let them go too. Hopefully Karlsson pulls through.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, Timråfan said:

Dahlen shouldn't have played in Utica... Plain and simple. Bad coaches and too much difference in culture. 

Dahlen wanted a change, not a trade. 

Loyalty should be honoured by you. Utica isn't Canucks... Timrå is his heart and soul. With the right coaches Canucks could have been his heart and soul also. But you seem to go after the shiny armor that is empty on the inside. 

Fragile ego's go back to the places they had success and are minor celebs.  

 

Dahlen is an adult, although he may not act like one, and is responsible for his actions.  

 

I think he found out that it takes serious work and commitment to make the NHL.  He was already a star, so why bother.  It's the coaches fault, the club's fault, the league's fault etc....  

 

 

Back to Linus.  

 

How's he doing in the shadow of Dahlen's statue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, ohmy said:

Linus currently tied for team lead in points

GP 8 G 2 A 3 PTS 5 PIM 8

Good start to the season for the 2way centre. 

Fantastic.  

 

Like to read more of him in his thread.  

 

Anyone see him play, Rob Zepp?  You got any eyes on Linus?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD going back to Sweden's second tier league kind of looks like he can't handle the pressure of higher completion.  May not be true but the optics aren't good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

JD going back to Sweden's second tier league kind of looks like he can't handle the pressure of higher completion.  May not be true but the optics aren't good.

I think it was a good idea for his development. He was playing way less minutes and at the bottom end of the line up for his team last year, now he’s playing up the line up and proving he can do it. Maybe It isn’t the largest step up progression wise. But it is a very good sign he’s now scoring at a good rate in his second year. If he does well this season i’m hoping his next step is either AHL or SHL next season and see how he does there with increased competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I think it was a good idea for his development. He was playing way less minutes and at the bottom end of the line up for his team last year, now he’s playing up the line up and proving he can do it. Maybe It isn’t the largest step up progression wise. But it is a very good sign he’s now sc⁷oring at a good rate in his second year. If he does well this season i’m hoping his next step is either AHL or SHL next season and see how he does there with increased competition. 

Can we go back to talking about Linus... I am guilty too, not pointing fingers.  

 

 

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Can we go back to talking about Linus... I am guilty too, not pointing fingers.  

 

 

Haha, actually I didn't realize he was talking about JD...I was commentating on Linus lol...totally missed the "JD" part of his post...wow!  @dpn1 sorry lol

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reliving all those Burrows highlights made me curious to see how the prospects are doing that were involved in his trade.

 

Linus Karlsson (3rd pick from San Jose - traded to Van for Jonathan Dahlen)

 

Playing in the Allsvenskan league

 

Listed on elite prospects at 6’1” and 179lbs at 20 years old (pretty good size and it’s nice to have another centre prospect in the system).

 
 
 
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2017-18 Karlskrona HK SweHL 13 0 1 1 2 -3 -- -- -- -- --
2018-19 Karlskrona HK Swe-1 52 5 13 18 59 7          
2019-20 Karlskrona HK Swe-1 27 6 9 15 14 -6        

 

 

 

I realize these are two different players, playing two different positions, but I wanted to check out Jonathan Dahlen as well:

 

 

2019-20 1.png Timrå IK “A”  Allsvenskan  26 14 21 35 8 7


35 points in 26 games as a 21 year old in the Allsvenskan

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.