The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The TDL Benning Complaint Thread Department

Warhippy

Please feel free to seat yourself in the waiting room provided in the link below for all your ZOMG BENNING related complaints.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

Honestly...wtf did you want him to do?  Tanev injured.  Edler wouldn't waive.  We don't yet have the depth to facilitate the trades or returns people seem to expect to happen.  benning has been rebuilding for just over 3 years.  Since he took over he took one of the oldest teams against the cap full of NMC and NTC's and literally zero prospect or roster depth.

His first year he traded across for NHL ready youth

His second year he traded across for NHL depth, kept a few

His third year he kept it

His fourth year he kept it

Now literally just now we're starting to see the depth of prospects enter the AHL, Still have prospects in Europe and the NCAA and have arguably two of the best young players under the age of 22 on our roster.  We were not supposed to be nearly as good as we are, we weren't supposed to challenge.  People hated Gudbranson when he brought him here, now they hate that he was traded.  people seem to think Benning lost on the DelZaster trade somehow and more.

You people literally cannot be pleased or take the time to see what is currently being built.

So please have a seat in the provided waiting room and lodge all your complaints there with the rest of the crowd.

Thank You

Management.

lol that hfboards canuck forum is a gong show.

one guy spent hundreds of posts complaining about gudbranson, then the trade happens and he complains that JB didnt get more for the same guy he was calling trash since he got here.

Just now, Darius said:

lol that hfboards canuck forum is a gong show.

one guy spent hundreds of posts complaining about gudbranson, then the trade happens and he complains that JB didnt get more for the same guy he was calling trash since he got here.

I'm reading ti right now and it's so very very sad.  I think if I ever met Y2Canucks in person I'd spit on him.  Claiming picks were offered for Gudbranson then yelling at someone for asking for proof.  Claiming Dahlen wasn't a bad skater and didn't ask for a trade when his agent literally said it.  Claiming now that edler said he'd waive but Benning talking about re-signing forced him to pull himself off the table

Honestly, the complaints people are making here belong there with that kind of idiocy

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Honestly...wtf did you want him to do?

Add draft picks like LA, Pens and especially Hawks did before they went on to win multiple cups.  If you're going into a draft without adding picks, you're not rebuilding.  

I know the excuse was that if the team stinks it will ruin prospects.  That was proven wrong with Horvat, Boeser & Pettersson.  

I know the other excuse was that we don't have anyone to trade for picks for.  Sorry after 5 years, if you're still blaming Gillis for that then you're a fool.  This is Benning's team.  

Thank god his 'stay competitive' strategy has failed in a spectacular fashion and we at least still got to draft high last few years. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

I'm reading ti right now and it's so very very sad.  I think if I ever met Y2Canucks in person I'd spit on him.  Claiming picks were offered for Gudbranson then yelling at someone for asking for proof.  Claiming Dahlen wasn't a bad skater and didn't ask for a trade when his agent literally said it.  Claiming now that edler said he'd waive but Benning talking about re-signing forced him to pull himself off the table

Honestly, the complaints people are making here belong there with that kind of idiocy

is that the guy that has like 75,000 posts complaining about benning?  they think Botchford is a solid inside source over there.

Another example of the buffoonery of that HFBOARD clan is they keep bringing up the Canuck d, and how horrible it is.  At the same time they want to tank, year after year.  So how do you  QUICKLY build a good D?  You cough up high draft picks a la calgary, or you pay through the nose in trades using your best players, or you pay big time in the UFA market.  If Canucks did any of those things they would have raked Benning over the coals.  So at the end of the day you build a d through the draft....but they are too impatient for that too.  @#$# those guys - there is no way to please them.  I only go there once in a while to read the comedy, enough to puke in my mouth a little.

I only see a handful of people complaining about Gudbranson being moved. Most here seem pretty happy with that, although it's admittedly negated somewhat by what we initially gave up for Gudbranson in the first place.

However, the Dahlen situation is a tough pill to swallow. Not so much because he we moved him, as it seems that was unavoidable, but because the return we netted was underwhelming. Dahlen didn't hold any cards and there was no real downside in waiting and seeing if a better deal didn't materialize in the offseason. Even if one didn't, I highly doubt San Jose would have pulled their offer off of the table.

There is legitimate criticism being directed towards Benning for not just what he did today, but for his entire tenure. There is also reason to praise Benning for not just what he did today, but for his entire tenure. Like with every GM, Benning is a mixed bag, and simply dismissing all criticism as "LOL GMJB OUTGM'D AGAIN!!!1" type stuff is intellectually dishonest. 

Wasn't expecting much of anything with what we had to work with.  Hoping Sautner and Breezer get some more looks with the big club, and that MacEwen is able to provide some toughness.  Pearson's a decent bandaid who will be easily movable next year if necessary.  Pity about Dahlen but if his attitude is that poor than it's addition by subtraction.  Hopefully Edler gets re-signed soon.

Edler and Tanev are our best chips and are very necessary with a young defense and Demko getting some games  That group needs some stability while our youth develops, and Edler wasn't going to waive his NTC despite what some of the moaners wanted.

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

is that the guy that has like 75,000 posts complaining about benning?  they think Botchford is a solid inside source over there.

Another example of the buffoonery of that HFBOARD clan is they keep bringing up the Canuck d, and how horrible it is.  At the same time they want to tank, year after year.  So how do you  QUICKLY build a good D?  You cough up high draft picks a la calgary, or you pay through the nose in trades using your best players, or you pay big time in the UFA market.  If Canucks did any of those things they would have raked Benning over the coals.  So at the end of the day you build a d through the draft....but they are too impatient for that too.  @#$# those guys - there is no way to please them.  I only go there once in a while to read the comedy, enough to puke in my mouth a little.

This is the year we do that. I expect we go after Karlsson or Myers as options with a Ferland or Anders Lee range guy for forward. 

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’m not complaining about the guddy trade. But I’m worried about the Utica development system .  Canucks future is in developing if that’s a problem then I’m not a happy fan.

MacEwen, Breezer, Sautner, Gaudette, Demko all did fine down there.  The only problem down there was Dahlen was a spoiled brat who didn't know his place.

LMAO love it Warhippy -  we also need a The Doctor is In thread where disgruntled fans can go to to find the proper counselling to allow them to deal with their feelings etc. I am not sure why anyone expected us to be buyers - the fact we were able to move Gudbranson and also deal with a potential locker room problem in Dahlen makes me happy. Puljujarvi is not happy in Edmonton and I can see him becoming an issue next year for the Coilers - I like that JB was proactive and moved the kid. Just because Dahlen felt he was NHL ready does not mean he was. letting players try and dictate playing time can be counter productive. 

8 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Add draft picks like LA, Pens and especially Hawks did before they went on to win multiple cups.  If you're going into a draft without adding picks, you're not rebuilding.  

I know the excuse was that if the team stinks it will ruin prospects.  That was proven wrong with Horvat, Boeser & Pettersson.  

I know the other excuse was that we don't have anyone to trade for picks for.  Sorry after 5 years, if you're still blaming Gillis for that then you're a fool.  This is Benning's team.  

Thank god his 'stay competitive' strategy has failed in a spectacular fashion and we at least still got to draft high last few years. 

How?  Timing of injuries has it that there's basically no extra guys that we could really trade (Eddie, Tanev, Sutter, Baertschi, Jake all injured).  No one wants the replacement level guys throughout the lineup, and I'm pretty pleased that Guddy netted Pearson, and he potentially addressed a need instead of just getting picks.  Dahlen wasn't going to go for much.  

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Please feel free to seat yourself in the waiting room provided in the link below for all your ZOMG BENNING related complaints.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

Honestly...wtf did you want him to do?  Tanev injured.  Edler wouldn't waive.  We don't yet have the depth to facilitate the trades or returns people seem to expect to happen.  benning has been rebuilding for just over 3 years.  Since he took over he took one of the oldest teams against the cap full of NMC and NTC's and literally zero prospect or roster depth.

His first year he traded across for NHL ready youth

His second year he traded across for NHL depth, kept a few

His third year he kept it

His fourth year he kept it

Now literally just now we're starting to see the depth of prospects enter the AHL, Still have prospects in Europe and the NCAA and have arguably two of the best young players under the age of 22 on our roster.  We were not supposed to be nearly as good as we are, we weren't supposed to challenge.  People hated Gudbranson when he brought him here, now they hate that he was traded.  people seem to think Benning lost on the DelZaster trade somehow and more.

You people literally cannot be pleased or take the time to see what is currently being built.

So please have a seat in the provided waiting room and lodge all your complaints there with the rest of the crowd.

Thank You

Management.

I wish I could give you ten gold stars for this thread

Archived