The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

"Impressive. You know, I haven't seen him a lot, and haven't seen him play for a while in the league. I thought he was simple, solid, moved the puck well, closed on guys hard, was good around our net. He did a nice job tonight. Obviously, it's different for a young guy, but Schenner's been around a while and he's hungry to play. We had a good talk this morning about his role going forward and to be patient, and he was on board. And that's the way the game is sometimes, all the sudden he's playing. " - Green on Schenn

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Did something click in Goldobin tonight?  He had a good game tonight. About as much contact as Baertschi was engaging before he was re-injured, who at the time was playing, probably, his best hockey as a Canuck.  Someone needs to get it through to him, THIS is the game to go rewatch.  And build on. Damn kid always draws me way back into his bandwagon, he is that good when he is engaged.

Spooner looked good tonight.

Pouliot was lights out with the puck, mostly.  Quick passing.  Whole damn D.

Schenn looked solid.  Steady. Positional. Smart shooter.  He is a slower Stecher.  Good enough for now.

Motte is putting his body on the line for this team.  Heart and soul player.  I have to consider him long term glue guy, plays up and down where the teams needs it.

Beagle was more active tonight. Jumping into the play. 

Roussel always tells those refs off, love it.

Markstrom shut out #3.  They will come more as this team gets better.  Shut out is a team thing mostly.

Wonder what's up with Demko?  Thought he'd get 10+ games this season. Full season sprain?

How far can we ride Marky?

Hutton was beastly minute guy again tonight.  He was on.

Granlund and Eriksson were even engaging tonight.

Love this team when they work their butts off.

I love the comments on Goldy. The kid can drive me nuts and then he has a game like this. I hope he can find that consistency.

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I felt good tonight. I played whole game almost and that feels good. I’m happy.” - Goldobin

Work hard and you will be rewarded, didn't like this guy at first but he's coming around, can't not admire his determination

So stoked management and coaches didn't give up on Goildobin. That kid has seriously high offensive potential. We need offence.

Also Petey and him seem super tight. I think Petey really appreciates that Goldobin might be the only player on the team that processes the game the same way as he does.

Missed the game BTW. 

Right on Luke Schenn. I've been a fan from his days with the Leafs. Mean mofo too. Seems like he played well. Can someone describe his game to me?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, chon derry said:

this from yesterday lol...…………..

bobo1763

• Aces Regular
  •  
  • bobo1763
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Markstrom last night, 3/22. Dismal save percentage at a time when the team needed phenomenal goal tending. 

I ask this not to troll (honestly and truly) but how many of you can CONFIDENTLY go into next season or even a season where we make the playoffs with this guy as our number one goalie? I’m genuinely curious. 

I will never EVER be on board with a goalie who can’t post a shutout. Look at brobovsky in Columbus. Goes all season with conflict and controversy between him and torts and if he will resign. What does he do his last two games? BACK TO BACK SHUTOUTS. 

If markstrom did that the the sky would be falling and up would be down. 

Flame away but thats my opinion. 

Smart like dump truck:sadno:

11 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Hey @luckylager congrats on getting to take your son to one of their best games so far this season .

hope he enjoyed it . 

OMG! 

We're both so charged up from that game!

Marky shutout

Amazing team game

Bo with two GOALS (loved his game tonight)

Petey with two apples

Motte was &^@#ing wicked

Schenn and Sautner both played great

The crowd around us, in section 119, was engaged and pretty damn awesome

THERE WAS AN ACTUAL WAVE THAT LASTED A FEW LAPS!!!! Haven't seen that in years

What a fantastic experience for my son, at his first live Canucks game, and me because I got to take him!

That was &^@#ing wicked. My son is bouncing around the hotel room with an apple in one hand and a pepperoni cheese bun in the other.. The kid is on fire! 

Good times. I'll never forget this night

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He was good last game, and he played good again tonight. It was nice to see." - Green on Goldobin

"Did I say that? *laughs* Yeah, he was. He was good last game. I don't know that I said it was one of his best games he's had... No, I'm joking. He played well last game, and he was good again tonight. It's nice to see." - Green on Goldobin having one of his best games

Green is a classy guy love the way he communicates with his team. Very positive outlook and I hope he has alot of success here in Vancouver.

Archived