Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

I don't think any GM would give up a 1st rounder for Pearson and 4th . Playing with Horvat and his role in Vancouver has been a very good fit..

Don't think you can make trades now?? Trade deadline was end of March and teams are preparing for playoffs?

We need Pearson for playoff run now..

Going to be so strange at this years draft in June? Nobody can trade roster players as they will need them for there playoff hopes...

Trades won't happen until after playoffs in late September?

Draft will happen after stanley cup I think. 

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Given his contract and penchant for disappearing (see LA), I think he's worth a late 2nd at best, maybe a 3rd. His stats this year were also inflated by an abnormally high number of empty net points. 

I would do a 2nd if possible. Freeing up the cap will be very useful for signing toff. Would u consider trading Virtanen. I wonder what his value is

54 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Draft will happen after stanley cup I think. 

I would do a 2nd if possible. Freeing up the cap will be very useful for signing toff. Would u consider trading Virtanen. I wonder what his value is

Personally, I'd refrain from trading Jake--His improvement is too exciting to throw away for now. Trading Pearson could indeed make sense if we can get a late 2nd (50-62). I wouldn't be surprised if we had to settle for a third though. We do need the cap space though, so it might be smart (once the play-ins and playoffs are over though, of course).

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, -AJ- said:

Personally, I'd refrain from trading Jake--His improvement is too exciting to throw away for now. Trading Pearson could indeed make sense if we can get a late 2nd (50-62). I wouldn't be surprised if we had to settle for a third though. We do need the cap space though, so it might be smart (once the play-ins and playoffs are over though, of course).

If it means we get to keep Toffoli (and Jake) long-term, I'd definitely trade Pearson.  Toffoli might not be too happy about losing Pearson though.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

20 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

If it means we get to keep Toffoli (and Jake) long-term, I'd definitely trade Pearson.  Toffoli might not be too happy about losing Pearson though.

They’re best friends, makes me think if he gets traded or walks, Will toffoli even sign? 

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

They’re best friends, makes me think if he gets traded or walks, Will toffoli even sign? 

This is a business too. These guys might be best friends but they’re also adults. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The more I think about it, Tanner Pearson's role and way how he came to Vancouver sounds almost eerily similar to Chris Higgins.

Higgins a former first round pick was an offensive stand out player for a few seasons, lost his way and bounced from several teams before landing in Vancouver and playing a pivotal role in the top six, both special teams, just an overly reliable player for the time he was with the Canucks.

Seems very much the same role Pearson is playing right now.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Hydration 1

23 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The more I think about it, Tanner Pearson's role and way how he came to Vancouver sounds almost eerily similar to Chris Higgins.

Higgins a former first overall pick was an offensive stand out player for a few seasons, lost his way and bounced from several teams before landing in Vancouver and playing a pivotal role in the top six, both special teams, just an overly reliable player for the time he was with the Canucks.

1st over all pick Chris Higgins

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Higgins a former first overall pick was an offensive stand out player for a few seasons, lost his way and bounced from several teams before landing in Vancouver and playing a pivotal role in the top six, both special teams, just an overly reliable player for the time he was with the Canucks.

Nothing wrong with a tweener (at worst)/ top-6 caliber player who we bought low on, later finding his form and helping the captain solidify a shutdown unit while also having a resurgence offensively.  Found money is money still.  

Now if Pearson does get traded, will the top-6 Sven Baertschi please stand up.  If we don't find a buyer we could have an in-house replacement esp. if he's motivated and healthy to prove doubters wrong. 

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Higgins was a 1st round pick. But he was 14th overall 

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Nothing wrong with a tweener (at worst)/ top-6 caliber player who we bought low on, later finding his form and helping the captain solidify a shutdown unit while also having a resurgence offensively.  Found money is money still.  

Now if Pearson does get traded, will the top-6 Sven Baertschi please stand up.  If we don't find a buyer we could have an in-house replacement esp. if he's motivated and healthy to prove doubters wrong. 

I'm not sure anything could make me happier than a Baertschi resurgence, especially if by some miracle he gets another chance with the Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

I keep forgetting they still have Baertschi. Canucks have quite a bit of depth right now, but they'll eventually need to make some trades for cap reasons. I do like Pearson, but if I had to choose between keeping him or Toffoli, I'd have to go with Toffoli. Can they keep both if they can't trade Sutter and Eriksson?

Given our cap situation, Baer is likely to be bought out/maybe traded with retention to shave a few bucks. He's done here after this season IMO.

Bumping this thread. #70 was excellent this past week, very strong and had some momentum shifting moments. 

Great trade by JB, I really believe Pearson will be a big part of the now/future of this team. If the brass have to decide between keeping  #70 and #73 long term, my vote is for Pearson. 

• Hydration 1

Despite a weak first game, Pearson has quietly had a strong playoffs thus far. Really nice to have some secondary scoring punch. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Pearson is making a good case to be re-signed in 2021. Dude just meshes so well with Bo and plays well when it matters.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2