Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He is 26 years old.

 

Horvat is 23 years old.

 

Check your math!!

4 out of 3 cant math

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He strikes me as a Higgins type utility player capable of playing up and down the line up as needed. Hopefully as we acquire more talent on the wing he can be used as a nice 3rd line piece with Gaudette and Virtanen. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gudbranson was an unplayable defensman. Pearson is a legitimate third paring guy, who I think if you pair with the right guys and find the right chemistry, can be valuable.

 

 

STEAL

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or does he look like a blend between Jacob Markstrom and Ben Hutton? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the type of player we need Jake to be. He can be a great mentor for Jake. 

But I really liked the moves from this fan! 

IMG_20190301_155751.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quiet player.  

 

he never caught my eye in la even though i think of him as a scoring threat  watching him here it's the same.  rarely heard his name called.  then he scores a nice goal.

 

i will wait the obligatory ten games to see what we have when the adrenaline wears off.  cautiously optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather see Pearson - Hovat - Virtanen.  I think Jake benefit from playing with Pearson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a line like Pearson - AG - Jake would be a great line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, dpn1 said:

Maybe a line like Pearson - AG - Jake would be a great line.

Some sand paper. 

 

IMO a like shake is in order.  IMO Bo could use a skill player and maybe load up the top line Brock, Bo and EP40 together, 

 

Put Goldy with Pearson and Gaudette or Granlund.  

 

Lievo, The other G center and Sutter,

 

Roussel, Beagle and Motte.  

 

What the heck, we are struggling and sometimes change is good.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 1:37 PM, naslundfan921 said:

He strikes me as a Higgins type utility player capable of playing up and down the line up as needed. Hopefully as we acquire more talent on the wing he can be used as a nice 3rd line piece with Gaudette and Virtanen. 

People can say what they want about Higgins, but he was a very important player for us, as far as depth. If Pearson can be that gritty third line winger, that's very good in the corners, in front of the net, pop in 15 goals a year, play up and down the lineup, that would be a HUGE win. I personally like his game. I think if he find another step in skating, he could consistently be that player. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a small sample size (6 games) but he's falling short of expectations right now.  Maybe he just needs another off season to come back good to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's  heavy on the puck and I like that, although his skating is maybe a little heavy as well. A bit frustrated by Green's line juggling, hard for a guy like Pearson to find his role and any chemistry when he's in a constant line blender. I think he has looked really good with EP and Boeser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

Still a small sample size (6 games) but he's falling short of expectations right now.  Maybe he just needs another off season to come back good to go?

Having a rough season and adjusting to a third team will slow most players down. And with players in and out of the lineup with injuries it will take a while for some chemistry to be made. He's been solid so far imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Having a rough season and adjusting to a third team will slow most players down. And with players in and out of the lineup with injuries it will take a while for some chemistry to be made. He's been solid so far imo. 

And no worse than Schaller, Spooner, Granlund or Eriksson.  What a roster we got for next year, fun times a'comin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

And no worse than Schaller, Spooner, Granlund or Eriksson.  What a roster we got for next year, fun times a'comin'.

I think that's the main thing going for Pearson right now.  Not surprising that Pearson hasn't shown that well since coming over.

 

There certainly is a lot of "loose change" in the line-up.  My sense is that Baertschi (health) and Goldobin (possible trade chip) are a bit on the bubble in terms of their long term presence with the Canucks.  Pearson, Eriksson, Spooner, Granlund and Spooner are definitely on the bubble so I'm very curious what management will do with them.  It's a glut of under performing or middling forwards with varying amounts of value in a trade market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think that's the main thing going for Pearson right now.  Not surprising that Pearson hasn't shown that well since coming over.

There certainly is a lot of "loose change" in the line-up.  My sense is that Baertschi (health) and Goldobin (possible trade chip) are a bit on the bubble in terms of their long term presence with the Canucks.  Pearson, Eriksson, Spooner, Granlund and Spooner are definitely on the bubble so I'm very curious what management will do with them.  It's a glut of under performing or middling forwards with varying amounts of value in a trade market.

They've struggled have displayed any value to a bottom-feeder team, why would another team want them repeating such performances - unless they need to cash-in their own loose change.  But then, you could package all the above together and you'd likely not trade for even one improvement in return.

No bubble, we're contractually stuck with watching them rotated through the same lines over and again next year, hoping for a different result.

Scary prospects ahead, just gotta keep heads between knees until they develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mo Grit said:

And no worse than Schaller, Spooner, Granlund or Eriksson.  What a roster we got for next year, fun times a'comin'.

Spooner's likely on waivers and in Utica ...maybe 13th F next year. Schaller waived or traded, Granlund likely walks/rights moved for a 7th at the draft and Eriksson I'd not be surprised to see retire/mutually terminate his contract after his bonus is paid July 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.