The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Spooner's likely on waivers and in Utica ...maybe 13th F next year. Schaller waived or traded, Granlund likely walks/rights moved for a 7th at the draft and Eriksson I'd not be surprised to see retire/mutually terminate his contract after his bonus is paid July 1.

I agree and I also have a feeling that Eriksson is quite frustrated and will retire. Especially after receiving that signing bonus ;)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-P said:

I agree and I also have a feeling that Eriksson is quite frustrated and will retire. Especially after receiving that signing bonus ;)

Not a chance!  I've seen no frustration from him, or shame.

Van fans bin way, way too easy on him.  He'd not have got

far walking down a Boston street playing like he has for us.

17 hours ago, Mo Grit said:

Not a chance!  I've seen no frustration from him, or shame.

Van fans bin way, way too easy on him.  He'd not have got

far walking down a Boston street playing like he has for us.

Regarding Eriksson I agree.  The Swedish effect (and his contract) may be what's keeping him in the lineup as he may be in a mentoring role along with Edler for Pettersson.  This plus noone  has applied pressure from within to fill that spot - Gaunce?  Now that Pearson is here and depending on who they can get via trade or FA on LW who knows.  That contract is an issue but becoming slightly less so.

I hope they are able to move him some how....... 

Edited by Borvat

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I see Pearson was drafted just a few spots after Brandan Gaunce. Time flies. 

I wonder if Gaunce is on our team next year?  I think he’s better than Loui.  I expect Pearson will be here too.  I’d like it if we could move Pearson for picks though

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Gaunce is on our team next year?  I think he’s better than Loui.  I expect Pearson will be here too.  I’d like it if we could move Pearson for picks though

Man I dont know. I root for Gaunce for sure. His AHL numbers are nice this year, Green seems to like him. He has a chance. I'd take the kid over LE or Schaller for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Man I dont know. I root for Gaunce for sure. His AHL numbers are nice this year, Green seems to like him. He has a chance. I'd take the kid over LE or Schaller for sure. 

I don’t know if it’s posdible, but I’d like JB to move out guys like Schaller, Sutter, ( obviously Loui) and move in Gaunce Zander Big Mac.  How many older guys do we need?   Baer and Bo are very experienced now.  Plus we have Beagle.  

7 hours ago, rekker said:

I see Pearson was drafted just a few spots after Brandan Gaunce. Time flies. 

Pearson was an odd pick because he was two years older than most picks. It was a weak draft and GMs went into non traditional areas to find players. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Gillis picked Alex Mallett in the second round ( same age as Pearson ).

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know if it’s posdible, but I’d like JB to move out guys like Schaller, Sutter, ( obviously Loui) and move in Gaunce Zander Big Mac.  How many older guys do we need?   Baer and Bo are very experienced now.  Plus we have Beagle.  

Yip. Spring cleaning. We really need to move on from some dead weight. The place holders have been replaced. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Pearson was an odd pick because he was two years older than most picks. It was a weak draft and GMs went into non traditional areas to find players. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Gillis picked Alex Mallett in the second round ( same age as Pearson ).

Gillis and that damn Mallett pick. Could of had Severson. Ugh. 

33 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

who we picked-----who we missed out on

Jensen -------------------Jenner

Shinkaririk--------------Shea Theadore

Mallet------------------Severson

Yann Sauve---------Derek Stepan/travis hamonic

Virtanen-----------ehlers

McCann---------pastranak

OJ-------------Tkachuk

:(

Thanks......another shot of rum needed in my coffee this morning now. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, Canucks Curse said:

McCann---------pastranak

OJ-------------Tkachuk

On 3/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, rekker said:

Thanks......another shot of rum needed in my coffee this morning now. 

Imagine 4 teams thinking of the 2017 draft.. 

Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Makar - - - - - - EP

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On 3/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, Canucks Curse said:

McCann---------pastranak

OJ-------------Tkachuk

this would look better if you did the same with other teams in the league too. then we could judge when we stand in our drafting. it seems to me, that several teams passed on pasternak. the year we took nedved, we could have had jagr. at that time, players from some countries were not allowed to leave until they were 30. nedved had defected. wrong choices will be made, many more times in drafts. 

• Upvote 1

Back to Tanner Pearson for a second....

I was pretty cool to the trade, but am slowly coming around to his play and contribution, just seems to be a little more heavier, with more of a Horvat type game......

loved his goal last night where he swatted it out of the air, with the biggest part being that he did it going into traffic...…...

Seems he is getting stronger and more confident every game...………...is this who Tanner Pearson is?

To me, the things that made Baertschi not a good long term candidate for Horvat, is what Pearson is bringing, are you guys seeing the same thing?

Now, does he have the consistency to play there on a nightly basis?

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Been a few games but finally developing some nice chemistry with Horvat. Obviously Eriksson had a great game but I think those two really need a small, fast, skilled playmaker on the wing who can set the big guys up. Pearson the shooter, Horvat the net presence and someone to make plays. Goldobin isn't a bad option but he hasn't quite fit well enough yet. Virtanen's a bit too much of a north-south type player, we need someone small, quick, skilled and a lateral player to really boost those two up for next season. Leivo's not a bad fit until then...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Been a few games but finally developing some nice chemistry with Horvat. Obviously Eriksson had a great game but I think those two really need a small, fast, skilled playmaker on the wing who can set the big guys up. Pearson the shooter, Horvat the net presence and someone to make plays. Goldobin isn't a bad option but he hasn't quite fit well enough yet. Virtanen's a bit too much of a north-south type player, we need someone small, quick, skilled and a lateral player to really boost those two up for next season. Leivo's not a bad fit until then...

Spooner? Spooner was pretty good in the games he's played. 

Though why fix something that aint broke atm.

Edited by Odd.

41 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

A healthy Baer? If not, perhaps we make a pitch at a guy like Dzingel?

On 3/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, Canucks Curse said:

McCann---------pastranak

OJ-------------Tkachuk

Hindsights 20/20. Gillis' group was bad at drafting. Just remember how many other teams passed on Jenner/Theodore/McAvoy/Pastrnak etc...

• Upvote 2