The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

17 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

id rather have lucic ( like his rough hard nose style ) which is something we need. Plus i hate lou so much ill take that trade, atleast lucic has a mean streak and can help smarten up some players who take advantage of petey and our other smaller players ( hughes etc )

Plus lucic is a BC boy, bring him home so he can retire in BC :)

Or he won't do anything since the focus of the sport nowadays is to win rather than go for revenge. Revenge via winning basically.

https://thehockeywriters.com/tanner-pearson-the-next-ones-2012-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-third-times-a-charm/

Interesting read on Pearson.  I didn't know that he bypassed at the draft twice.  A classic late developer.  I am hoping for great things as this player is reaching his prime and may have found the ideal situation as Bo's LW. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/tanner-pearson-the-next-ones-2012-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-third-times-a-charm/

Interesting read on Pearson.  I didn't know that he bypassed at the draft twice.  A classic late developer.  I am hoping for great things as this player is reaching his prime and may have found the ideal situation as Bo's LW. 

Nice find.   The player comparisons are good too.   Steen is a great comparison.   It was good to see him win a Cup!

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nice find.   The player comparisons are good too.   Steen is a great comparison.   It was good to see him win a Cup!

Haven't read the article, but Pearson reminds me of Chris Higgins.  The Chris Higgins who played for the Canucks - a guy who can move between the second and fourth lines (not the one that showed great promise as a Hab).  Come to think of it, Alex Steen played a solid fourth line, so yup, I can totally buy into the Steen comparison.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes veteran players just go through the motions to get through training camp. Apart from a spirited effort against L.A., Pearson has played uninspired. Once the regular season starts will he bring it every game ? I think Green needs to keep an eye on how motivated Tanner plays .

Maybe it might be good for a Baertchi/Pearson rotation on Horvats line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

Sometimes veteran players just go through the motions to get through training camp. Apart from a spirited effort against L.A., Pearson has played uninspired. Once the regular season starts will he bring it every game ? I think Green needs to keep an eye on how motivated Tanner plays .

Maybe it might be good for a Baertchi/Pearson rotation on Horvats line.

is that the same veteran player that got off to a 0 goals in 17 games start and then traded twice last year?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Tanner Pearson jumps into 289th in all-time Canuck scoring with his 1 goal on 11(?!) shots.

288.  Dave Gagner C 33 2 12 14
289.  Tanner Pearson LW 20 10 3 13
290.  Darby Hendrickson C 67 7 6 13
291.  Josh Green C 90 6 7 13
291.  Raimo Summanen LW 19 6 7 13
293.  Ryan Shannon RW 27 5 8 13
294.  Andrew Alberts D 134 4 9 13
294.  Josh Holden C 46 4 9 13
296.  John McIntyre C 90 3 10 13
296.  Bob Murray D 90 3 10 13
296.  Jay Beagle C 58 3 10 13
299.  Andy Schliebener D 84 2 11 13
299.  Gary Doak D 83 2 11 13
299.  John Hughes D 52 2 11 13
302.  Larry Carriere D 56 1 12 13
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Pearson again with a high in shots for this team, he's becoming a great winger for Horvat despite the other winger spot being open for business now. Brings a big body, lots of shots and he was key on the PK against LA as well. Invaluable player, a top-6 winger and PKer for a bottom pairing D-man.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Tanner Pearson ties Jay Mazur and his inflated 80s stats while passing Shane O'Brien and his deflated Roxy stats as he slides into a tie for 252nd in all time Canuck scoring.

252.  Jay Mazur C 47 11 7 18
252.  Tanner Pearson LW 32 11 7 18
254.  Jared McCann C 69 9 9 18
255.  Tim Hunter RW 176 8 10 18
255.  Richard Park C 60 8 10 18
257.  Matt Bartkowski D 80 6 12 18
258.  Kevan Guy D 114 5 13 18
259.  Pat Quinn D 133 4 14 18
260.  Shane O'Brien D 141 2 16 18
Edited by Wilbur
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Anyone interested in trying to trade Pearson away? I wonder what he can fetch on the trade market. 

At his salary, almost nothing I'm sure. Probably just worth keeping to see if he regains his game again.