The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Guance at deadline

Interesting to hear teams called on Gaunce and he wasn't traded. I imagine not much was offered and Benning wanted to keep him in Utica for a playoff run.

Given the Canucks lack of centres on NHL deals in Utica I can imagine him resigned but Gaunce may want to move on.

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Interesting to hear teams called on Gaunce and he wasn't traded. I imagine not much was offered and Benning wanted to keep him in Utica for a playoff run.

Given the Canucks lack of centres on NHL deals in Utica I can imagine him resigned but Gaunce may want to move on.

We don't need anymore 6th round picks, a 3rd or keep him and I'm sure no one offered a 3rd

Best time to trade him may be after the waiver madness at the beginning of the season.  His value would increase after clearing waivers compared to before them.  I doubt teams would give a pick for him but (once again after waivers) trade from a position of strength to get a comparable depth player in a scoring winger or defence position.

10 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

ah i remember when he was are only "good" prospect back when he was drafted lol, gaunce hasnt really impressed me much, hope they can give him another chance though.

Ah... The good old days of Brendan Gaunce and Frankie Corrado...

Oh how times have changed.

32 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I would like to see Gaunce get an opportunity with the Canucks in the bottom-6 next season but I have a feeling he's either on his way out or will be a depth guy again.

He's been exceptional in Utica and looked good in his 3 games up here. I wouldn't be against giving him some more time again.

I feel they are keeping Gaunce, because they have their eyes set on potentially moving out a lot of defensive minded players out such as Sutter, Granlund, Eriksson, and Schaller.

Gaunce's versatility and ability to play on the PK is a real asset for them, and potentially moving out or moving on from those four pieces, they will need someone to help out Beagle and Motte out next season on the PK.

Could see a Gaunce-Beagle-Motte/MacEwen mash up fourth line next season.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Benning is probably lining up some interest leading up to the draft for trades. 

Archived