Sign in to follow this  
AlwaysACanuckFan

GDT Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights I Mar 3 I 1PM I SN Pacific I

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

That 2nd and 3rd, oh man, painful.

Did we even get one shot at goal in the 3rd? 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

because I'm not standing on the ledge ready to throw myself off?  I've followed this team for 4+ decades, maybe I'm a little better at seeing the big picture.

I too have followed the team for 4+ decades.  Perhaps you just see a different picture.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This is one game were u miss those injured players a lot. Really missed jake here. Miss tanev on D, time to get hughes also. 

Definetly looked like they were fatigued or out of gas, but what bothered me a lot was the inability to get the puck out of the zone quick enough. The D needs to find those passing lanes or get the puck to forwards in speed. its like everything just collapsed as soon as vegas added pressure. 

This felt like the last straw, playoffs are not even possible now. Tank mode on. But for gods sake we need to get some confidence back to our younger players. They need it badly. Top the lines and just battle it out with the rest. Move EP40 to wing if so needed. These guys needs to get some points, goals, assists. Feel like they are the top players of the future. Time to shuffle the lines again green. Try something else. 

Mondy morning approaching....time for sleep and then work. Same for the nucks....need to get a win just to get that feeling back. Work through it. 

If Travis Green doesent pull out the biggest f... ing hairdryer in his pocket and gives these guys a haircut from the 80s, he should be sacked. 

giphy (5).gif

• Haha 1

Just looking forward to Hughes' NHL debut, and should hopefully be a spark on the blue line for us.

It would be fun to take a look at Lockwood as well, and quite possibly Madden. Madden probably isn't ready for the NHL's physicality, but dude's got a lot of energy.

1 hour ago, Violator said:

@Apricot

Time for some magic

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry folks, I was super busy today. This move is still getting me all messed up. Sorry I wasn't able to help 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Sorry folks, I was super busy today. This move is still getting me all messed up. Sorry I wasn't able to help 

You're fired.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That the Structure and puck support was refreshing and provided options.  The communication was good and before you got to the puck, you pretty much knew what you were going to do with it.  To me, pointing out those things is the same as saying they don't exist with the Nucks.  Honestly, watching the Nucks play would appear to confirm what he is saying.

I think the last stretch of horrible hockey has shortened the leash on Green's tenure at least in my personal opinion. It's not that he can't coach, because the brand of hockey that we were playing at the earlier was fun to watch and some players definitely progressed under his tutelage. At the beginning of the season, the forwards moved down to provide options so that the puck can exit the zone in a controlled way. And Guddy wasn't too bad during the early parts of the season when we were playing well. But at some point, it just got so bad. Either the players are cheating and not listening or Green's system has been completely figured out and he can't come up with a way to beat the other team's structure. Maybe it's just that the players that we have can't execute the plan. I don't know but it's painful to watch and it is embarrassing.

Yesterday's game was so painful. Canucks were trying to play the counter-attack game (well at least I hope that's what they were trying to do) so the gaps were huge between the players but Vegas players were already back and clogging up the neutral zone. It was sad to see a bunch of players who were slower and weaker trying to play the counter-attack game against faster and bigger players that played a structured game. On the other hand, the Canucks gave up the blue line way too easy. Like, they knew that if they clogged up the neutral zone, they would get beat by faster Vegas players and would give up an odd-man rush? 

It's the same story since 2015-16 season. The team ices AHL players or leftovers from other teams... well at least, no Sedins, meaning we won't all of a sudden put in a 7-2-1 record to finish the season like we did last season or the season before that. 4th year into the rebuild and counting.

"WE WANT A YOUTH MOVEMENT......REBUILD, REBUILD, REBUILD"

youth take over and fade under injuries, time and pressure

"WHAT A DISGUSTING HORRIBLE TEAM, FIRE THE COACH, FIRE THE GM, DEMOTE EVERYONE"

pathetic fans

• Hydration 1