The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"My Son is Actually in the NHL": by Juliana MacEwen

Rate this topic

Where's Wellwood

12 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Call him back up ffs, he brought more in two games than Eriksson, Schaller, Gran...  you get the point.

He’s valuable for both clubs now...but I agree with this statement.  With Dahlen now having points 12 points in the past 13 AHL games you have to wonder if he could have done something with a call-up too.  There is a lot of dead wood on this club no doubt...place holders for sure.  Rather see guys like McEwen, Brisbois and Sautner play at this point even if it means we waive a guy or two and sink further in the standings, after all isn’t that the best thing for the club at this point...best odds for first overall.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I stand by any statement I have made about Mark Messier. 

Mark Messier.  The guy we all wanted to be growing up...at least until we played against him in the final and saw him cross-check Momesso hard in the numbers no penalty.  Messier is as a polarizing figure in our past as we have, mostly on the hate side of the spectrum. If he only excepted the A and supported Linden, and played a second line role and helped management sign and keep Bure we’ve of had a team that could have been unstoppable.  Instead he was like a hand grenade in the dressing room and to our lineup.    Ugh.  Eat some chips and leave our team alone...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

What hockey parent could read that blog and not tear up with what that game meant. Your kid doesn't have to play NHL to have that pride of accomplishment. So much

goes into a child's desire to play the game. It is a family commitment. Congrats to the MacEwen family and we look forward to Zach playing in Vancouver for many years. 

Not just a hockey parent...any parent that see their child achieve their goal in life...

What a fantastic read. Feeling slightly emotional... So glad to see a different perspective to the start of the NHL career of a young player. 

And yes congrats to the MacEwen family. Hope to see Zack play in the Green and Blue of the Canucks for years to come...

Thanks Wellwood for posting... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1