The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

13 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

im in that canucks buy/sell group on facebook and people alway try to low ball you there

They expect to get all of the difference between you selling and stubhub. For instance, let's say you sell a ticket on stubhub and it costs the buyer $150. You get $100.

If you sell that ticket on facebook people expect to buy it for $100. In other words, they save $50 off the stubhub price, but you don't get a penny more. Might as well just sell off stubhub and not worry about having to deal with payment from potentially fradulent sources or scams.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hockeyrulz said:

I haven't received either set of extra tickets yet:

Regular - Jan 4th vs NYR
Club Perk - Feb 10th vs NSH

Hopefully will show up in the next couple of days.  No rush really given how far the games are away.

Got them now:

Section 121 Row  19 for the Jan 4th Game
Section 104 Row 24 Aisle Seats for the Feb 10th Game

Not too bad.

• Upvote 1

Nashville February 10 perk 108- 8

Anaheim February 16 121 - 14

I like complaining but my friends in Montreal who have Habs' season tickets don't get 10% of the benefits that I'm getting and tickets plus food and beer are way more expensive. Canucks are treating us really well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Curt said:

Nashville February 10 perk 108- 8

Anaheim February 16 121 - 14

I like complaining but my friends in Montreal who have Habs' season tickets don't get 10% of the benefits that I'm getting and tickets plus food and beer are way more expensive. Canucks are treating us really well.

That's because Montreal based teams have won the Stanley cup 41 times !

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

If the Canucks are going mobile tickets only for 2020-2021 , will you reconsider keeping your season tickets?  We all know that this is coming rather sooner than later.

They ask this question every year or some variation of it in their survey. Getting rid of PDF's was the first step and I imagine the next step is getting rid of non-dynamic bar codes (e.g. physical tickets and mobile screenshots). I honestly can't imagine REQURING someone to have a smartphone to get into a hockey game. So many people go to games who still don't own smartphones, it just seems odd to me. It would be a sad day to see that happen but unfortunately the benefits (security + information) are enormous and like you said it is probably only a matter of time. I would hope they would issue a swipe card with it at least, so you had two choices #1) Mobile Entry or #2) Swipe card. The swipe card would probably satisfy people without a mobile phone.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

They ask this question every year or some variation of it in their survey. Getting rid of PDF's was the first step and I imagine the next step is getting rid of non-dynamic bar codes (e.g. physical tickets and mobile screenshots). I honestly can't imagine REQURING someone to have a smartphone to get into a hockey game. So many people go to games who still don't own smartphones, it just seems odd to me. It would be a sad day to see that happen but unfortunately the benefits (security + information) are enormous and like you said it is probably only a matter of time. I would hope they would issue a swipe card with it at least, so you had two choices #1) Mobile Entry or #2) Swipe card. The swipe card would probably satisfy people without a mobile phone.

Your comment is absolutely right. Having season tickets of 2 NFL teams I know the new trend. Not only you need a smart phone you also need data because no more screen shots are allowed. I have"hotel cards" for my football tickets. They entitle me to attend every game. When a friend is going I need to give him the cards but also get them back. It's worth the trouble $$$$$$$$ doing it for the Seahawks but not so much for the Canucks. I might be out if they are going ahead with the trend.

Edited by Curt
Spelling mistake
  • Upvote 1