The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

1 hour ago, Curt said:

If the Canucks are going mobile tickets only for 2020-2021 , will you reconsider keeping your season tickets?  We all know that this is coming rather sooner than later.

I don't think people that have stuck around will drop their tickets now.  I find it best to delete their nosey surveys too.  

But I am sure hard copies will be gone.  It's not really a Canuck thing, we seem to be a couple years behind getting rid of hard copies and pdf.  

People will be forced to adapt.  Season ticket holders will get swipe cards, everyone else will have to bring a phone.  

But on the other hand, they have pretty much solved the issue of fake tickets

19 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

They ask this question every year or some variation of it in their survey. Getting rid of PDF's was the first step and I imagine the next step is getting rid of non-dynamic bar codes (e.g. physical tickets and mobile screenshots). I honestly can't imagine REQURING someone to have a smartphone to get into a hockey game. So many people go to games who still don't own smartphones, it just seems odd to me. It would be a sad day to see that happen but unfortunately the benefits (security + information) are enormous and like you said it is probably only a matter of time. I would hope they would issue a swipe card with it at least, so you had two choices #1) Mobile Entry or #2) Swipe card. The swipe card would probably satisfy people without a mobile phone.

or they can have option for fans to pay for hard copy tickets.. like $25 or something..  but i kinda doubt they will do it..

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Stubhub sold for $4.05 billion.  

To Viagogo. Ugh!!! They are the stubhub of Europe, only worse. I hear a lot of bad things about them. They have even worse reviews online and more complaints than stubhub, if that is possible. This will only make things worse. It was bad enough supporting a US company but now all the profits are going to a swiss based company. We really need a canadian based alternative like the one you posted for the Flames games.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:26 PM, WalkWithElias said:

My friend who is a full STH got this from the Canucks 

64DBC3B1-1C93-48C6-AE1E-37F15308240B.jpeg

I got the scotch glasses signed by a bunch of players instead.   I think it for 15 consecutive years being a full STH.   Mine should arrive soon.   I think a duffle bag was the other choice

10 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Secure tickets for major marquee matchups like the Toronto Maples Leafs, Boston Bruins, and the Alex Burrows Ring of Honour Night.

Black Friday sale!!!  Still no demand for poor Burrows

Still cheaper to buy on resale sites even with the 35% off. I think the Canucks have seen demand for tickets plunge over the past few weeks. I guess that's what happens when you lose 10 out of 14 games in November. Would be nice if they can pick it up before Christmas or else there's gonna be a lot of leftover Hughes and Pettersson jerseys sitting in the Canucks store after the holidays. This town is only interested in the Canucks when they win.

15 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Still cheaper to buy on resale sites even with the 35% off. I think the Canucks have seen demand for tickets plunge over the past few weeks. I guess that's what happens when you lose 10 out of 14 games in November. Would be nice if they can pick it up before Christmas or else there's gonna be a lot of leftover Hughes and Pettersson jerseys sitting in the Canucks store after the holidays. This town is only interested in the Canucks when they win.

Yeah. Sad but true... I can see the bandwagon emptying now, especially after the pathetic collapse last night. 

Hope they can finish 3-3 on the road trip, but not holding my breath. 

• Cheers 1

Hearing the commentary in restrooms at home games is the same expierience watching on Tv.

Likewise so called pundits on Radio are no Better. Talking from a casual fan perspective. An 8-6 loss shouldn't mean this road trip was a disaster.

Until Nucks start winning again dont expect a change in tone from them. If anything skip a few days to get some distance, let them vent out frustrations for ratings.

Hopefully Canucks management can come up with a solution.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:37 PM, BCNeil said:

Burrows Bobble Heads, 10,000 of them.  Hopefully the Canucks really advertise it.  

I don't know if anything will save that game. They doomed it from the start. Worst night of the week (Tuesday)... worst team in the NHL (Ottawa) and the Canucks have had an awful November. I think the only thing that will save it is back-to-back wins against Edmonton today and tomorrow, e.g. a miracle lol.

Edit: I feel bad for burrows. 

Edited by DonaldBrashear

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I don't know if anything will save that game. They doomed it from the start. Worst night of the week (Tuesday)... worst team in the NHL (Ottawa) and the Canucks have had an awful November. I think the only thing that will save it is back-to-back wins against Edmonton today and tomorrow, e.g. a miracle lol.

Edit: I feel bad for burrows. 

They had to select the game around his schedule. He is an assistant with the Laval Rocket 

Edited by Slickrick2369
  • Cheers 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:26 PM, WalkWithElias said:

My friend who is a full STH got this from the Canucks 

64DBC3B1-1C93-48C6-AE1E-37F15308240B.jpeg

Your bud must be a "a true Canucks fan" to the point he spends his last dime on season tickets rather than bed sheets so he isn't stuck sleeping on just a mattress pad !   

I'm gonna vote for him as Canucks fan of the year and start a "go-fund-me" page to get him some proper linen.   Poor guy!!!