The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

The ticket sales have not been that great to begin with.  And obviously the possible skytrain strike won't help.

Judging by the stubhub listings and sales history, The Ottawa game and Buffalo game prices started collapsing the night before the game / day of game.    Way too many tickets in the secondary market and also  unsold tickets on Ticketmaster.  Definitely wasn't the case earlier this season.

Edited by bt116

Hello!

Thank you for listing your tickets with FansFirst.  We can't express our gratitude enough, but we'll try: THANKS!!!

We are expanding into Edmonton and Vancouver in 2020.  Do you know anyone that would be interested in listing Oilers and/or Canucks season tickets on FansFirst?  There will be a promotional period for each city as an added incentive (reply back for more details).

Thanks,

Dave & Den
The FansFirst Team 

• Thanks 1

I have used fansfirst for my Flames tickets most of this year.  It is way way way way better than stubhub.

Its mobile transfer only.  No fees for buyers....9% seller fee, they payout by interac sometimes with in hours of you sending tickets, but always by next day.  

Please check out their site and let them know, we would like them here.  

This is great news for buyers too.  

Edited by BCNeil
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Hello!

Thank you for listing your tickets with FansFirst.  We can't express our gratitude enough, but we'll try: THANKS!!!

We are expanding into Edmonton and Vancouver in 2020.  Do you know anyone that would be interested in listing Oilers and/or Canucks season tickets on FansFirst?  There will be a promotional period for each city as an added incentive (reply back for more details).

Thanks,

Dave & Den
The FansFirst Team 

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

I have used fansfirst for my Flames tickets most of this year.  It is way way way way better than stubhub.

Its mobile transfer only.  No fees for buyers....9% seller fee, they payout by interac sometimes with in hours of you sending tickets, but always by next day.  

Yep this is great news!!! I will be listing all my tickets with them. I definitely plan to help spread the word.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Thanks, I will contact them via chat and let them know.  Can't wait to start listing with them.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Came on here to say the same thing but you guys beat me to it! 

The leafs game is collapsing in price and will only get worse with 1100+ tickets left. The real killer is the skytrain shutdown.

Combined with the fact that the leafs suck and the game is on a tuesday and it is the perect storm for a collapse.

Agreed. Still over 1000+ tix on stubhub as I type this at 8pm.

Its going to crash so hard tomorrow.  Probably a bunch of listings starting at $40s tomorrow.  This is crazy.  

I know as of a couple weeks ago, there was maybe 40-50 tickets left on Ticketmaster for the Leafs game and now there is almost 1000 left. 

I don't really expect to make a profit on my games, but I really don't expect to lose money on a Leafs game and not to mention when there apparently wasn't any inventory, and now it's flooded back again on Ticketmaster, not the resale sites. 

58 minutes ago, layne said:

I know as of a couple weeks ago, there was maybe 40-50 tickets left on Ticketmaster for the Leafs game and now there is almost 1000 left. 

I don't really expect to make a profit on my games, but I really don't expect to lose money on a Leafs game and not to mention when there apparently wasn't any inventory, and now it's flooded back again on Ticketmaster, not the resale sites. 

I don't really trust the ticketmaster inventory to be honest.  I am very certain the Canucks hold back a bunch of tickets and release them the week of, or day of game.  They do this for almost every game. 

Better just use your leafs tickets or sell them asap to minimize the loss. 

Thanks for the heads up about Fans First.  I will definitely look into listing with them once they are in our market.

i haven't had any luck with my Tickets tonight.  It's the first time in a LONG time that I haven't sold this game.  Looks like I will be going to this one and hopefully enjoy watching the Nucks take it to the Leafs.

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I imagine tonight will be the first Leafs game in a long time that isn't a sellout. So very odd.

These early December games are rough though, and have been for a few years. I swear, it is the post-Black Friday effect. Everyone is just busy.

its true.  Same in Edmonton and Calgary at least.  First half of december always sucks, second half picks up.  

Edited by BCNeil

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I imagine tonight will be the first Leafs game in a long time that isn't a sellout. So very odd.

These early December games are rough though, and have been for a few years. I swear, it is the post-Black Friday effect. Everyone is just busy.

I don’t think leafs games been a sellout for past 5 years even if it’s on a sat night.  It was close but most games have lots of tickets left up to the game(but not as many as tonight).   So far only devils game been a sell out this season.  Probably Sedin retirement game, that’s about it for this season

Edited by jovocop55

4 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

I don’t think leafs games been a sellout for past 5 years even if it’s on a sat night.  It was close but most games have lots of tickets left up to the game(but not as many as tonight).   So far only devils game been a sell out this season.  Probably Sedin retirement game, that’s about it for this season

I think for games to actually sell out.  It has to be a regular game, or maybe regular +.  That for whatever reason has high demand.  

Full priced tickets to some of these games like the Leafs are just way too high,  

On 12/10/2019 at 2:28 PM, BCNeil said:

I think for games to actually sell out.  It has to be a regular game, or maybe regular +.  That for whatever reason has high demand.  

Full priced tickets to some of these games like the Leafs are just way too high,  

Agreed. 

I think the Vegas December game is trending well for demand...assuming ticketmaster do not all of a sudden get flooded by tickets released by the Canucks. 

Remember, during the sell-out streak era, ALL games were regular priced if I recall correctly. There were no higher priced or premium games, everything sold at the same price. I remember Canucks tickets would go on sale and within 2-3 hours the entire season would be sold out. There was only like 1,500 tickets per game availble (minus holdbacks) and so they sold out very quick. Toronto and Montreal and other top games were almost impossible to get.

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Remember, during the sell-out streak era, ALL games were regular priced if I recall correctly. There were no higher priced or premium games, everything sold at the same price. I remember Canucks tickets would go on sale and within 2-3 hours the entire season would be sold out. There was only like 1,500 tickets per game availble (minus holdbacks) and so they sold out very quick. Toronto and Montreal and other top games were almost impossible to get.

Yes, this was the hay day for us as Season Ticket Holders if we wanted to sell some of those premium games.

Unfortunately, the Brass saw how much tickets were selling for on the secondary market and wanted that for themselves, hence the pricing model we have now and the issues they are having with still not selling out when the team is back on the rise and marquee and premium matchups come to town.

8 hours ago, Hockeyrulz said:

Yes, this was the hay day for us as Season Ticket Holders if we wanted to sell some of those premium games.

Unfortunately, the Brass saw how much tickets were selling for on the secondary market and wanted that for themselves, hence the pricing model we have now and the issues they are having with still not selling out when the team is back on the rise and marquee and premium matchups come to town.

Ya no one wants to buy those plus or Premium games at current prices now on ticketmaster.   Even if they change back to regular price for all games, I kinda doubt they will sell out most games

Edited by jovocop55

The attendances are down at least in the NFL, MLB, CFL and I think also in the MLS. The trend started a few years ago and keeps going. The good old days are probably behind us. Home giant screens, cheaper beer, food, etc. No parking to pay. No traffic. Nowadays more and more people would rather watch the games at home for free than paying the price to see the action live. I might be wrong but I don't think that it will improve. Another clear trend in the NFL is people litterally buying their tickets at the last minute. I witnessed several people tailgating and buying their tickets while walking towards the entrance waiting for the prices to drop.

Edited by Curt
Add