The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

49 minutes ago, Curt said:

The attendances are down at least in the NFL, MLB, CFL and I think also in the MLS. The trend started a few years ago and keeps going. The good old days are probably behind us. Home giant screens, cheaper beer, food, etc. No parking to pay. No traffic. Nowadays more and more people would rather watch the games at home for free than paying the price to see the action live. I might be wrong but I don't think that it will improve. Another clear trend in the NFL is people litterally buying their tickets at the last minute. I witnessed several people tailgating and buying their tickets while walking towards the entrance waiting for the prices to drop.

I agree. Also, the newer generation (post-millenials) seem to be into their own stuff, like "esports". I watched an esports tournament and I can see the appeal. If esports and virtual reality take off, then traditional sports like football and hockey may seem comparatively boring to a generation that is used to constant stimuli. I know my 14 and 15 year old nephews cannot iiterally sit still. They are always on their phone or doing something. Constant stimuli. If I took them to a hockey game I know they would say it is boring.... especially a low scoring game. They already say it is boring and won't watch it on TV. But esports is a more constant stimulation, always something happening since the game has so many players they can swap to different areas of the map and keep you constantly engaged. To someone older, it would seem overwhelming though. Oh well... nothing good ever lasts anyways like they say :) Maybe when I am 80 years old hockey won't even exist anymore, it will just be ehockey.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, BCNeil said:

Hello!

Thank you for listing your tickets with FansFirst.  We can't express our gratitude enough, but we'll try: THANKS!!!

We are expanding into Edmonton and Vancouver in 2020.  Do you know anyone that would be interested in listing Oilers and/or Canucks season tickets on FansFirst?  There will be a promotional period for each city as an added incentive (reply back for more details).

Thanks,

Dave & Den
The FansFirst Team 

Tried emailing them but never heard back. 

Do you know if they are expanding to Vancouver in 2020, as in starting next season? Or as in starting January? 

10 hours ago, bt116 said:

Tried emailing them but never heard back. 

Do you know if they are expanding to Vancouver in 2020, as in starting next season? Or as in starting January? 

Looks like this season.  I don't think they know when yet.  I am wondering what they mean by promotional period.  They only charge 9% total now.  

I'd rather they advertise a lot.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Looks like this season.  I don't think they know when yet.  I am wondering what they mean by promotional period.  They only charge 9% total now.  

I'd rather they advertise a lot.  

Hopefully they come here soon. 

I am so sick of StubHub to be honest.  Their greedy fees is killing everything.  A lot of times I am just trying to get my cost back and having a hell of a time cause of their fees for buyers and sellers.  

• Like 1

A large amount of tickets flooded onto the resale market over the past few days. On stubhub, the Dec 28 LA game now has 1600+ tickets listed. The Montreal game (puck drops in 54 hours) has 1300+ tickets. Penguins game this Saturday has 1580 tickets. I guess the bandwagon has emptied. Very little interest anymore in tickets compared to October when I had people begging for them.

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

A large amount of tickets flooded onto the resale market over the past few days. On stubhub, the Dec 28 LA game now has 1600+ tickets listed. The Montreal game (puck drops in 54 hours) has 1300+ tickets. Penguins game this Saturday has 1580 tickets. I guess the bandwagon has emptied. Very little interest anymore in tickets compared to October when I had people begging for them.

Yeah I saw that too. 

I think the extra tickets got batch uploaded to StubHub sometime Friday evening, to many of the games.  So probably by the same person / company? 

Cause earlier on Friday,  those extra tickets were not there.

54 minutes ago, bt116 said:

Yeah I saw that too. 

I think the extra tickets got batch uploaded to StubHub sometime Friday evening, to many of the games.  So probably by the same person / company? 

Cause earlier on Friday,  those extra tickets were not there.

The evidence leads to the Canucks organization because a lot of the tickets uploaded are junk tickets, like Row 8 or bad sections. I don't know if they are listing them directly or indirectly (eg through a broker) but it definitely seems to happen in chunks and waves. The Chicago game on January 2, for instance, didn't seem to get hit. Perhaps that is because it is only a "Reg+" game. Who knows. All I know is that there is a lot of inventory and no buyers so... these might be the cheapest Montreal tickets of all time.

13 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Christmas time and people are busy and spending all their money shopping.  No money for tickets 

Hummm. In previous years including this season, I sold tickets around this time and people told me that they were Christmas presents.

50 minutes ago, Curt said:

Hummm. In previous years including this season, I sold tickets around this time and people told me that they were Christmas presents.

I actually had a very good weekend on that front.  I sold 4 games over the weekend that are Christmas Presents for people:

Jan 2nd v Chicago, Jan 18th vs Sharks, Mar 6th vs. Colorado, and Mar 15th vs. Winnipeg

Hoping to get a few more sold before the holidays if possible.  

Someone posed a good question yesterday. When dealing with sales, how is the buyer safe if a seller transfers the tickets online but still has the hardcopies to be able to attend the game?

At the same time for the seller, if they transfer the tickets and the buyer doesnt pay, are they covered and can have the tickets voided on the receivers account?

Thanks

3 hours ago, kangerr01 said:

Someone posed a good question yesterday. When dealing with sales, how is the buyer safe if a seller transfers the tickets online but still has the hardcopies to be able to attend the game?  

At the same time for the seller, if they transfer the tickets and the buyer doesnt pay, are they covered and can have the tickets voided on the receivers account?

Thanks

In these situations.  Once the buyer has the tickets in their account, they own the tickets, the season ticket holder hard copies are dead.  

If a buyer gets the tickets into their account, then doesn't pay.  It's theft.  I am not sure how much the Canucks or ticketmaster will help.  I have heard on other forums, that ticketmaster can help out.  

Edited by BCNeil
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kangerr01 said:

Thanks

As others mentioned, once the tickets are transfered a new bar code is issued and the hard copy tickets are useless.

As far as sending tickets as the seller goes, I was told that ticket transfers are final and cannot be reversed unless it is due to exceptional circumstances like fraud. A rep explained it to me to consider them the same as an INTERAC ETRANSFER... basically... once it is sent and accepted, it's a done deal (unless fraud). This is why you never transfer tickets to someone unless they have paid first.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kangerr01 said:

Thanks

The way I deal with this situation as a seller is I send a single ticket to the buyer.  Once they receive the ticket, I have them send payment to me and inly when I receive it, I then send the 2nd ticket.

If they dont pay...They either dont go to the game or they find me next to them at the game and it wont be a fun night.

Have found this method to be very agreeable by most buyers as it shows a bit of trust and vulnerbility for each side of the transaction.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, BCNeil said:

Mobile tickets make $&!#ty stocking stuffers, but making lots of decent price sales for the dud games after xmas.  Nice gifts.  One day last year I made 11 sales around this time.

Just had 4 sales in the 30 minutes right after the loss tonight.. Almost fell off the chair ... I guess it's Christmas gift seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Slickrick2369 said:

Where are the sales happening? Stubhub? 

Ticketexchange.  Most likely from the same buyer I believe.  I got lucky Becuase one of the sales was for the penguins game. 

Edited by bt116