The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

55 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Ok this might be even more strange.  I made an overall profit for the midweek Coyote game this month.  Both pairs at a loss, but the set of 4 pulled this game up.

I don't think they will do that anymore.  Especially without hardcopy tickets.  

Yeah for that coyote game listings are starting at $35 on stubhub, and only over 800 tix remains. And the game is not till Jan 16.

And I honestly don't see how the hawks tix prices for  tomorrow would be higher than the leafs Habs or penguins last month.  There was low inventory on stubhub for the hawks and coyotes game as of 7-10 days ago.  (before we were on the hot streak) 

This is so unpredictable. 

Edited by bt116

5 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

ticketmaster released a bunch of sedin retirement tickets

Wow the prices are really inflated from when we had the pre-sale.  

There are two seats in Section 307 Row 3 right now which would be $544.00 all in for the 2 seats.  I believe these were closer to around $400 for the pair all in during pre-sale.

At least there is some out there for people to buy if they want them, but I'm not going to buck up that amount to buy extras at this point.

36 minutes ago, Hockeyrulz said:

Wow the prices are really inflated from when we had the pre-sale.  

There are two seats in Section 307 Row 3 right now which would be $544.00 all in for the 2 seats.  I believe these were closer to around $400 for the pair all in during pre-sale.

At least there is some out there for people to buy if they want them, but I'm not going to buck up that amount to buy extras at this point.

At the presale I got 326 row 1.  $462.40 all in for the pair.  I don't know if they will be able to sell all those so high.

20 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I noticed that Canucks are also charging over $1,000 a ticker for the 1st row (against the glass) seats.

It is kind of starting to feel like that scene from Breaking Bad........

c7d03ad4a6bf7fa72535d6b4af7f23fa889884f5

They coyotes game in 321 row 1 or somewhere around there a ticket is going for 1k each 

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

They coyotes game in 321 row 1 or somewhere around there a ticket is going for 1k each 

That is freaking insane.  I hope it's some kind of pricing error, and not their dynamic pricing BS.  Who in their right mind would pay for that?

Edited by bt116

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So many complaints online of people not realizing it was US dollars. It's about time. I wonder how this will impact sales. People will be surprised to see a higher number first.

Ok I don't get this... How do they not realize it was in USD?  I mean the prices clears says its in USD in bold letters.. 

And it's not like StubHub is trying to hide the fact that it's in USD either... 

15 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So many complaints online of people not realizing it was US dollars. It's about time. I wonder how this will impact sales. People will be surprised to see a higher number first.

It will make it easier to compare stubhub and ticket exchange prices easier for buyers....and sellers too.  Amazing it took so long, they have been talking about doing this for years.  Never again will we hear about $20 tickets on stubhub.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

It will make it easier to compare stubhub and ticket exchange prices easier for buyers....and sellers too.  Amazing it took so long, they have been talking about doing this for years.  Never again will we hear about $20 tickets on stubhub.

Was always fun selling tickets locally and having someone pull the old "Tickets are around $20 on stubhub". Actually they are $29 USD and after the fees and exchange rate more like $60 CAD. Now, if only they went to "all in pricing" in CAD then the truth would be revealed but that is too transparent.

15 hours ago, bt116 said:

Ok I don't get this... How do they not realize it was in USD?  I mean the prices clears says its in USD in bold letters.. 

And it's not like StubHub is trying to hide the fact that it's in USD either... 

We live in a world where dozens of people die every year due to taking selfies with their phones.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Was always fun selling tickets locally and having someone pull the old "Tickets are around $20 on stubhub". Actually they are $29 USD and after the fees and exchange rate more like $60 CAD. Now, if only they went to "all in pricing" in CAD then the truth would be revealed but that is too transparent.

I had a guy find a pair on stubhub in the same section and row as my seats.  He wanted to use the american price with no fees, to bargain down my price.

They were actually my tickets listed on stubhub.  I quickly changed the listing price to $1000.  Told him I could match that.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

The number of idiots trying to buy tickets for next to nothing is unbelievable. My prices are super reasonable. One lady told me that a friend said that my price was too high and to prove her point she sent me a screenshot from Ticketexchange. She was arrogant and told me "I know your struggle" with a fist as emoticon. I let her know that the screenshot price that she sent me was for 1 ticket not for the pair. I guess she was embarrassed because she stopped communicating with me immediately after going back and forth.

6 hours ago, Curt said:

The number of idiots trying to buy tickets for next to nothing is unbelievable. My prices are super reasonable. One lady told me that a friend said that my price was too high and to prove her point she sent me a screenshot from Ticketexchange. She was arrogant and told me "I know your struggle" with a fist as emoticon. I let her know that the screenshot price that she sent me was for 1 ticket not for the pair. I guess she was embarrassed because she stopped communicating with me immediately after going back and forth.

It's supply and demand. Lots of supply and not a lot of demand. I bought in this year and I have gone to 80 percent of the games. Couldn't really afford it but I refuse to sell for 50 percent below face value. I'd rather just go myself. That being said, when they get into the playoffs hopefully and people get excited it will be worthwhile.