Sign in to follow this  
WalkWithElias

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Fansfirst about to start for Oilers anytime.  It seems like they wanted to get it done before the Flames visit on the 29th.  

That's great. I wonder what they think about stubhub switching to Canadian pricing? I think that bodes well for them as it makes the prices more comparable (although stubhub will still hide fees). I think they should look into getting Canucks up and running if they can before playoffs. How does their ticket manager work? Can you list and delist tickets yourself? E.g. can you list tickets simultaneously on stubhub and if they sell, remove them from fanfirst? Or is it all manually done?

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

That's great. I wonder what they think about stubhub switching to Canadian pricing? I think that bodes well for them as it makes the prices more comparable (although stubhub will still hide fees). I think they should look into getting Canucks up and running if they can before playoffs. How does their ticket manager work? Can you list and delist tickets yourself? E.g. can you list tickets simultaneously on stubhub and if they sell, remove them from fanfirst? Or is it all manually done?

To list tickets its pretty much the same as stubhub.  Pick the game, then it has dropdown menus for section, row, number of seats and your price.  Listings get approved before they post them, usually takes 5 minutes or less during the day.  You can adjust price or delete on your own, that is instant.  

• Hydration 1

Look at all those unsold tickets on Ticketmaster for the Sedins game.  They are adding more and more unsold tickets everyday.

• Haha 1

Blues game on Monday might be the highest demand regular season game on a Monday I recall seeing in close to a decade.

7 hours ago, bt116 said:

Look at all those unsold tickets on Ticketmaster for the Sedins game.  They are adding more and more unsold tickets everyday.

Stubhub dropping like crazy too..  was starting at $200US for a while, then $150US and now it’s $100US

12 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Stubhub dropping like crazy too..  was starting at $200US for a while, then $150US and now it’s $100US

Way too many tickets out there. And still not that cheap  after fees and conversion.  I think prices might drop even more. 

Honestly not everyone can fork out $200 for a game these days. And this game being on a Wed night sure doesn't help. 

1 hour ago, bt116 said:

Way too many tickets out there. And still not that cheap  after fees and conversion.  I think prices might drop even more. 

Honestly not everyone can fork out $200 for a game these days. And this game being on a Wed night sure doesn't help. 

I wonder if the Canucks know how shady it makes them look.  Sedin game sold out in seconds in September..............opps we actually have 100s left

11 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I wonder if the Canucks know how shady it makes them look.  Sedin game sold out in seconds in September..............opps we actually have 100s left

to be honest they do it for most of the games...The Leafs game in Dec. for instance.

1 minute ago, bt116 said:

to be honest they do it for most of the games...The Leafs game in Dec. for instance.

At least with the leafs they had inventory for the season tickets holders during exchange/upgrade.  

11 hours ago, BCNeil said:

You have to understand that in September they probably sold out of the inventory they had allocated to the sale. 

For any regular game, a certain # of tickets are withheld for players, the league, sponsors, etc to purchase. I can imagine for a game like Feb 12th for the Jersey retirement, that number increased.  As we are getting closer to game day, these seats that haven't been snapped up get released to the general public to purchase again.  I believe we started noticing these tickets pop up around 30 days prior to the game which would make sense.

This is pretty common practice for events.

• Like 3

Looks like they added ticket exchange to ticketmaster now.  But only a few games so far

• Like 1

Meet the team event has been scheduled. Thursday febuary 20th 5:00 pm.

I for one am fairly annoyed its on a weekday at 5pm.

13 hours ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Ya I don’t recall it’s ever been on a weekday.  But I think they did combine half season and full season ticket holders together 

Looks like stubhub went ahead and changed to canadian prices. Weird seeing prices so high. I imagine this will make people think twice about buying. its a mental barrier thing, higher number looks worse. 

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Looks like stubhub went ahead and changed to canadian prices. Weird seeing prices so high. I imagine this will make people think twice about buying. its a mental barrier thing, higher number looks worse. 

I don't know if this is a recent change,  but when I created a listing on stubhub yesterday, I notice the seller fees are now 15%.  It used to be 13% when I made listings last month.

Anyhow I had pretty good success selling from Ticket Exchange lately.  I Started using Ticket Exchange since around middle of December again , and I made quite a lot of sales on there.

19 hours ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Its such an awkward time.  Most people would be still at work or getting off work.  At least make it like 630pm or something.

Edited by bt116

22 minutes ago, bt116 said:

I don't know if this is a recent change,  but when I created a listing on stubhub yesterday, I notice the seller fees are now 15%.  It used to be 13% when I made listings last month.

Anyhow I had pretty good success selling from Ticket Exchange lately.  I Started using Ticket Exchange since around middle of December again , and I made quite a lot of sales on there.

it seems ticket exchange is getting more people, better pricing.  For UB4 pretty much all games are sellable, the minimum list price isn't really an issue.

I don't know for you bur surprisingly it's been really quiet on my side for the past 2-3 weeks. Little interest.