The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

Anyone else here concerned about the potential impacts that the hysteria around coronovirus could have on the NHL playoffs? Given how things are ramping up, I could see peak hysteria kicking in right around playoff time. Other nations have shut down sporting events completely, I could see the same thing happening here and cancelling the playoffs or postponing them. Not trying to fear monger but let's face it, it's a possibility at this point.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

Anyone else here concerned about the potential impacts that the hysteria around coronovirus could have on the NHL playoffs? Given how things are ramping up, I could see peak hysteria kicking in right around playoff time. Other nations have shut down sporting events completely, I could see the same thing happening here and cancelling the playoffs or postponing them. Not trying to fear monger but let's face it, it's a possibility at this point.

Nope.  Not worried one bit.  

Anyone else see the news about stubhub? They were fined $1.3 million dollars by the Competition Bureau of Canada for their pricing scheme of having hidden fees. Part the deal is a 10 year court order which mandates Stubhub to have "ALL-IN" pricing for all canadian events. Looks like this has begun to be implemented today because all Canucks games are now showing "ALL-IN" pricing with all fees included on the stubhub app. The desktop version still does not appear to reflect this yet.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stubhub-competition-bureau-1.5462632

"As part of the deal, StubHub will ensure that tickets to Canadian events on its service "will now include all mandatory fees throughout the ticket purchasing process." The agreement is binding for at least 10 years."

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the Canucks are holding off renewals and waiting to make sure they get in the playoffs so they can then up prices and also send playoff info at the same time. Back when the Canucks used to make the playoffs guaranteed they would send out playoff ticket payment info at the same time as renewals. Otherwise not sure what the hold up is...

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I wonder if the Canucks are holding off renewals and waiting to make sure they get in the playoffs so they can then up prices and also send playoff info at the same time. Back when the Canucks used to make the playoffs guaranteed they would send out playoff ticket payment info at the same time as renewals. Otherwise not sure what the hold up is...

Oilers and flames also in waiting mode

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

3 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Oilers and flames also in waiting mode

i think this is our answer 

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 6.50.52 PM.png

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

i think this is our answer 

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 6.50.52 PM.png

I think they will take as many deposits as they can regardless.  Flames renewals were February 27 last year.  Playoff packages same time.  I think auto-renew lets them wait longer.

15 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

looks like renewals got sent out , having a difficult time logging into my canucks account

My 8 seats went from $16259 to $16536....1.7%  Not too bad

Round 1 $116 per pair...................way cheaper than expected

Edited by BCNeil