The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bodybuilding/Powerlifting/Weightlifting

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

Gorilla testosterone injected directly into the testicles is the only way to juice.

Oh ?God!  @Aladeen this has to be one of, if not the, funniest posts ever!  

I hear chicks actually dig the gorilla testosterone enhanced look.  And who would blame them.  :lol:

18BCE903-7E15-41F8-808D-A1052E209CF0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Oh ?God!  @Aladeen this has to be one of, if not the, funniest posts ever!  

I hear chicks actually dig the gorilla testosterone enhanced look.  And who would blame them.  :lol:

18BCE903-7E15-41F8-808D-A1052E209CF0.jpeg

Lookin good, Alf. 

Your wife must be pissed that you used her panties again though.

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I approve of this thread. There is a workout thread, but maybe this can be more detail specific discussion. 

My bulk is almost up. Start the cut on the 15th...

7 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Just starting a cut .. so hungry lol

You likely have talked about this in the other thread, but would you mind giving me (us?) a summary of the process? What I'm wondering is how long you add the extra calories (how much extra?) and what you do for the cutting phase?

Ive been lifting for over 30 years and I ran across a guy named ATHLEANX on youtube that I wish was around 30 years ago to save my joints and to help me do things more efficiently.  You younger guys should goto youtube and check out his videos.  May not be for everyone but his techniques and reasoning were sure an eye opener for me.

Just now, Darius said:

Ive been lifting for over 30 years and I ran across a guy named ATHLEANX on youtube that I wish was around 30 years ago to save my joints and to help me do things more efficiently.  You younger guys should goto youtube and check out his videos.  May not be for everyone but his techniques and reasoning were sure an eye opener for me.

He is really helpful.  Help me transition from a beginner lifter to more of intermediate/advanced lifter.

2 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

He is really helpful.  Help me transition from a beginner lifter to more of intermediate/advanced lifter.

the little tips he has about how to angle your hands or body during lifts make a huge difference in protecting your rotator cuffs and joints as well as hitting the muscle at the right angle to maximize resistance.  very intelligent techniques IMHO.

I’ve been struggling to get in the gym last 5 weeks with long 14-15 hour work days. I’ve been able to sneak in about two full body days a week. 

Meal prep has really helped and allowed me to maintain maintain my weight but I’ll be starting my cut later than expected this year. 

Agreed with the rest about Jeff Cavalier with Athleanx being the YouTube gold standard for fitness. 

4 hours ago, babych said:

You likely have talked about this in the other thread, but would you mind giving me (us?) a summary of the process? What I'm wondering is how long you add the extra calories (how much extra?) and what you do for the cutting phase?

It comes down to calories . So once you figure out your maintenance calories , eating in a surplus would cause you to gain weight. (Bulk). Eating in a deficit would cause you to lose weight (cut). Ideally for cut and bulk I would say around 500 calories is a good number to either subtract or add to ur maintenance calories depending on you goals.  Aim to keep protein high , the 1lb protein per pound is blown out of proportion imo it’s probably more like 0.7-0.8/lb.

Feel free to ask more questions , or some clarification if needed . Cheers.

4 hours ago, babych said:

Forgot to add it all depends on the goals you have in mind and what kind of bulk and cut you want to do , I find that generally losing 1-2 pounds a week and gaining 1- 1.5 lbm yield the most efficient results and gains .

Archived