The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Travis Green Thread

Zigmund.Palffy

Hello Canuck fans,

I would like to discuss why are those canuck fans want Travis Green gone? He is a good coach just the injuries have derailed him this season.. the record speaks for itself.. 27-30-9.. i know not a great record.. but look it could be worse... we are still 8 points out of a playoff spot.. a small chance to even make it, but look at it this way, the kids are growing up , this is the next step for them to learn for what it takes to play in a 82 game season and beyond. 

For what Green has on the roster, he managed it pretty good. Green is a young coach , the players are young as well, the canucks are learning as a team together. Next season i bet you we will make playoffs as the kids now know what it takes to keep on going through 82 games. Im just hoping they change the personel around Green and get some experience like Newell brown and Baumgartner needs to go for one, and sign a BIG UFA to help out the scoring.

Greens system works, just be patient, Green is a coach for a reason and your not... let the guy coach its only his 2nd season has a Canuck bench boss. 

#BelieveinGreen.

Go Canucks Go!

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wrong, as usual

How? He's 100% correct.

This roster, even when healthy, is average at best and does not have the depth to withstand injuries.

I don't agree with everything Green does (especially his constant top-6 blender) but until he has a roster that on paper actually looks legit, it's difficult to evaluate him.

I don't want Green gone, but I do feel he has made a lot of questionable calls. Vancouver beat Anaheim a few games back 4-0. Most regulation goals scored in what? 10 games? The very next game all the lines were shuffled and there's been very low production since.

He chose to start Demko against Colorado, a "must win" at the time. Markstrom had just played a career game and got a shut out. Granted it was a 2nd of back to back, but Marky would have gone if asked.

I know Green doesn't have a lot to work with, but I  don't think he's giving the players the best chance for success. For me the line juggling is really the most frustrating part. 

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I don't want Green gone, but I do feel he has made a lot of questionable calls. Vancouver beat Anaheim a few games back 4-0. Most regulation goals scored in what? 10 games? The very next game all the lines were shuffled and there's been very low production since.

He chose to start Demko against Colorado, a "must win" at the time. Markstrom had just played a career game and got a shut out. Granted it was a 2nd of back to back, but Marky would have gone if asked.

I know Green doesn't have a lot to work with, but I  don't think he's giving the players the best chance for success. For me the line juggling is really the most frustrating part. 

DEMKO PLAYED AGAINST ARIZONA 

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wrong, as usual

Thoughtful rebuttal.  Why not put some thought into your posts instead of calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a moron? 

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

Problem isn't Green, its' what he has to work with even when the team is 100% healthy. 

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Thoughtful rebuttal.  Why not put some thought into your posts instead of calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a moron? 

Agreed.

That rebuttal is all that post is worth and I struggled to even come up with that.

17 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

How? He's 100% correct.

This roster, even when healthy, is average at best and does not have the depth to withstand injuries.

I don't agree with everything Green does (especially his constant top-6 blender) but until he has a roster that on paper actually looks legit, it's difficult to evaluate him.

When healthy they've proven, for two years in a row, that they are a playoff level team.  Being average when you're on your way up is not a bad thing.  It's when you're average on your way down that is problematic.

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hello Canuck fans,

I would like to discuss why are those canuck fans want Travis Green gone? He is a good coach just the injuries have derailed him this season.. the record speaks for itself.. 27-30-9.. i know not a great record.. but look it could be worse... we are still 8 points out of a playoff spot.. a small chance to even make it, but look at it this way, the kids are growing up , this is the next step for them to learn for what it takes to play in a 82 game season and beyond. 

For what Green has on the roster, he managed it pretty good. Green is a young coach , the players are young as well, the canucks are learning as a team together. Next season i bet you we will make playoffs as the kids now know what it takes to keep on going through 82 games. Im just hoping they change the personel around Green and get some experience like Newell brown and Baumgartner needs to go for one, and sign a BIG UFA to help out the scoring.

Greens system works, just be patient, Green is a coach for a reason and your not... let the guy coach its only his 2nd season has a Canuck bench boss. 

#BelieveinGreen.

Go Canucks Go!

This seems to be our excuse for years now. No one ever steps up when we have injuries. That also says alot. 

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

This seems to be our excuse for years now. No one ever steps up when we have injuries. That also says alot. 

They have with 2 or 3 injuries, but no team could cover 5-6-7 long term injuries to important players.  Not one.

Archived