The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Knights, Saturday, March 9th, 2019 at 7 PM PST

Qwags

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

we not even bad enough to be a lottery team we are gonna finish somewhere 6 and drops to 9th as usual XD

I like the top 10 picks or so.  Benning will get something good.  Remember how choked CDC was when we dropped to 5th and took EP?

1 minute ago, combover said:

Lol. edler looking like he’s signed a contract.back to playing the way he has the past 4years. 

This is exactly how he'll play once we sign him to an extension. And he'll keep saying "I like it here."

This is rough to watch but honestly it shouldn't surprise anyone. Canucks weren't supposed to be any good this year and their FA signings and trade deadline reflected that. Not sure what people expect Benning to do in this situation. 

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

Is he better than Hutton, Stecher and Tanev?  No.

Add Hughes, Juolevi and maybe Woo or someone similar percolating in the background... and I think we can do without Edler and be better off without him.

I disagree - he’s our best defender.  A case could be made for Tanev I guess, but Edler’s O is so much better despite Tanev being a righty.  

He’s having a crap game - no surprise we’re getting killed.  When he’s on fire we tend to surprise teams.  The team living and dying by Edler's play isn’t an indictment on the player.  There’s no one else (esp with Tanev out) to pick up his slack.   That’s too much pressure on a guy who’s a 2-3 on a top team.  It doesn’t mean we should walk from him if we want a successful season next year, imo. 

Archived