The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Guaranteed Draft Position? With Simulators, Current #8

TheGuardian_

21 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

There are no guarantees but I'd sure like them to show the lottery rather than some cards that they flip in the order that they've decided.

Totally agree but they came up with another twist, they issue several hundred numbers to each team that represent that teams chances and the won't publicize what those numbers are so it is still a mystery. They have shown the ball drop though, but without knowing the combinations.....

Well only about two weeks to the lottery.

The team faces three teams playing to make the playoffs or position and ramping up.

Refs are starting to practice playoff style, less calls and game management, letting the boys play.

Small teams are losing unless very, very good.

IMO the best is maybe two more spots down.

did the sims today, 4 tries in all, two thirds and a second. :)

48 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Well only about two weeks to the lottery.

The team faces three teams playing to make the playoffs or position and ramping up.

Refs are starting to practice playoff style, less calls and game management, letting the boys play.

Small teams are losing unless very, very good.

IMO the best is maybe two more spots down.

did the sims today, 4 tries in all, two thirds and a second. :)

7 to 9 - thats our likely bracket today, maybe a very long shot a 6 but I don't see both Buffalo and NYR jumping 4 points ahead of us now, and EDM has a game in hand.

So that means we pick 1,2,3 or 8,9,10,11 if we stay at 8. The only guy in the mock drafts not committed to US college is Soderstrom - interesting write up on him from elite prospects:

An uber competitive two-way defenceman that thinks the game at the highest level, Victor Söderström is the complete package. A naturally gifted skater, his ability to traverse all three zones is best described as smooth and effortless. He never looks disinterested and it's always apparent just how badly he wants to win. His vision and awareness is outstanding, allowing him to play a responsible yet dynamic brand of hockey. He's a dangerous puck-carrier with a great shot. Defensively, he makes good decisions quickly and consistently, never looking out of place when pitted up against the other team's top players. He pressures the opposition and limits options, never getting in the way of his goalie. All-in-all, Söderström's competitive instincts allow him to take full advantage of his offensive ability and defensive prowess. He's a game-changer. (Curtis Joe, EP 2019)

On 3/12/2019 at 8:41 AM, Provost said:

I don’t remember it that way at all. I remember almost everyone saying that he finally shied away from the safest (highest floor/lowest ceiling) bet and went with the most skilled player.

Lol yeah it was nothing like that. There were a few Glass and Villardi supporters that clung on to only draft Canadian talent garbage but most people were okay with it. Trading down for both EP and Liljgren was brought up though. Too bad we couldn’t have pulled that doozy off. It would have been great! Lol

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Did it 3 times, got 9th every time.

I moved up quite easily actually. 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 8th, 9th, 9th, 10th on the times that I tried.

That actually bolds pretty well that we can flip flop that much with 6%. Lol

48 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Looks like we might have to pull a Brian Burke and trade Up ...

outside of the Sedins the 1999 draft was pretty horrible, I don't think we'll ever see someone picking 2 & 3 again the way Burke pulled that off. 

Unless you're an idiot running Ottawa and trade away a top 4 pick. 

1 hour ago, Tomatoes11 said:

I moved up quite easily actually. 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 8th, 9th, 9th, 10th on the times that I tried.

That actually bolds pretty well that we can flip flop that much with 6%. Lol

How many times did you do it?  50?

1 hour ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol yeah it was nothing like that. There were a few Glass and Villardi supporters that clung on to only draft Canadian talent garbage but most people were okay with it. Trading down for both EP and Liljgren was brought up though. Too bad we couldn’t have pulled that doozy off. It would have been great! Lol

There's a thread ... most were shocked when we took EP.    I remember it well because I was one of the few in support of the pick (my son's recommendation).   There were more than "a few".  "Most".

Start here for S & G's as we pick.  Go back further in time to see it play out pre-pick:

First year (2016) with this draft lottery system the top 3 picks were Toronto, Winnipeg and Columbus. The teams that finished at the bottom were Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver.

2017 top 3 picks were New Jersey, Philadelphia, Dallas. Bottom 3 teams were Colorado, Vancouver, New Jersey.

2018 top 3 picks were Buffalo, Carolina, Montreal. Bottom 3 teams were Buffalo, Ottawa, Arizona.

Now I know the draft lottery system is suppose to be "random", but the trend for these past 3 seasons is that the lowest Eastern team got 1st overall. All of the bottom 3 Western teams dropped out of the lottery slots. 7 of 9 lottery slots were won by Eastern teams.

This year aside from LA, most teams are still trying and looking to remain competitive pretty much until the end. While in the East, there's a pretty big group that looks to have hit a wall and appear to be "tanking".

I'm going to "predict" the draft results to be Detroit, NYR, Chicago with the standings as the way they are now.

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yuk.  

Did the sim 10 times.  VAN only once in top 3 (3rd).  But noticed EDM got 5 times into the top 3.

:sick:

They'll just botch the pick with the next Nail Yakupov wouldn't worry about them too much. 

Archived