The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Guaranteed Draft Position? With Simulators, Current #8

TheGuardian_

This is the time of season when the final standings are shaking out and before the draft lottery.

So what is your "guesses" on where they finish the season based upon teams that have yet to play, if those teams are just mailing it in or battling for a playoff spot or position.

Maybe even what may be your "desire".

As far as the draft position and draft lottery, well there will be a guaranteed draft position the spot where they cannot go any lower.

Looking at past lotteries it is to be expected teams will move up, it would not surprise me to see a team like the Penquins just miss and be awarded the #1 overall, they seem to have that luck.

For myself I posted I thought 27th back in late November, early December, I don't think they can get that low now, 25 or 26th is looking most likely but they do have a number of games vs teams "in it" yet.

I think of the final 14 games only 4 games may be where that team has packed it in and is going for an improved lottery chance.

The Canucks could finish with around 77-80 points this year. 

Okay so right now they have a guaranteed #11 draft pick. Pick possibilities - 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11  #11 guaranteed at this time.

Here are a few draft lottery simulators;

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/fans/lottery

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

https://www.nhlnumbers.com/nhl-draft-lottery-simulator

Hmmm, not sure.  I think it was about this time last year when, after sitting 2nd or 3rd worst overall for a couple of months, the team went on a bit of a hot streak, led by junk players (Jussi Jokinen anyone?) and shot up to 6th.  Worked out well in the end, Quinn is great consolation for losing out on Dahlin sweepstakes, but I'm not sure we would get so lucky this time.  Either way, I'm rooting for us to get Bowen.

I went to that lotto site, pulled the crank, and Colorado finished top two. I just realized they could walk away with two top picks.

as for Canucks , I learned years ago not to get my hopes up . For like anything. 

Not sure why but I feel like Hughes is a bit overrated. I’m hoping for Kaako, Podkolzin, Cozens, Boldy or Byram.

I hope we can unload Tanev and get another first. Almost no point keeping him anymore. Injured way too often and is starting to decline. I feel like he’s going to be injured even more frequently as he’s getting older, his style of play and has had a lot of injuries already. I think Edler could mentor Hughes just fine as Hughes likes to play on his offside. Edler also had his best years playing with an offensive d-man in Ehrhoff.

I think they finish 5th last and end up picking 6th. Probably taking Soderstrom because Byram went 3rd overall and Benning wants a dman. Benning passes on Podkolzin, Boldy and Krebs because he’s positionally hunting like the Juolevi draft. Then those forwards are the next three players taken and all become better players.

Lots of great players in the top 5 this year.. hopeful for minimum our usual 5/6th pick anything higher is a bonus for the draft being in van.

Its hard not to hope for top 3 though we deserve it ::D

i think well finish 25th and get the 3rd pick

Archived