The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Guaranteed Draft Position? With Simulators, Current #8

TheGuardian_

27 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think they finish 5th last and end up picking 6th. Probably taking Soderstrom because Byram went 3rd overall and Benning wants a dman. Benning passes on Podkolzin, Boldy and Krebs because he’s positionally hunting like the Juolevi draft. Then those forwards are the next three players taken and all become better players.

Or maybe like more recently we pick a player that ends up being the best of the draft despite not picking at the top like we did for Pettersson.

3 hours ago, Dungass said:

Hmmm, not sure.  I think it was about this time last year when, after sitting 2nd or 3rd worst overall for a couple of months, the team went on a bit of a hot streak, led by junk players (Jussi Jokinen anyone?) and shot up to 6th.  Worked out well in the end, Quinn is great consolation for losing out on Dahlin sweepstakes, but I'm not sure we would get so lucky this time.  Either way, I'm rooting for us to get Bowen.

Lose for Hughes

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Or maybe like more recently we pick a player that ends up being the best of the draft despite not picking at the top like we did for Pettersson.

I get that draft he went BPA. Leading up to the Juolevi, Hughes and this upcoming draft Benning expressed interest in the top end dmen for the draft. I will also add that the stars aligned last year and the dman was BPA.

3 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Not sure why but I feel like Hughes is a bit overrated. I’m hoping for Kaako, Podkolzin, Cozens, Boldy or Byram.

I hope we can unload Tanev and get another first. Almost no point keeping him anymore. Injured way too often and is starting to decline. I feel like he’s going to be injured even more frequently as he’s getting older, his style of play and has had a lot of injuries already. I think Edler could mentor Hughes just fine as Hughes likes to play on his offside. Edler also had his best years playing with an offensive d-man in Ehrhoff.

Yeah, when I look at Hughes I notice his skating. But its not like its blazing speed. Also, his passing and shot isn't that great.

Hughes

kakko

byram

Hoping for any of these 3. For byrams sake, we need more on D. We need an army. 

without really diving into the this years draft it seems like last year where we have our consensus 1, 2 and then everyone else could anywhere between 3-8 

5 hours ago, Darius said:

I went to that lotto site, pulled the crank, and Colorado finished top two. I just realized they could walk away with two top picks.

as for Canucks , I learned years ago not to get my hopes up . For like anything. 

Can you imagine if Colorado landed Hughes and Kakko? That's a whole lot of skill in that top 6.

52 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'm betting we end up 6th.

Hughes

Kakko

Cozens

Turchotte

Dach

We take Byram or Podkolzin

You think Podkolzin drops that far? I bet he's gone in the first 4 picks.

6 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Thank you. I've been looking for a list like this for a while now. 

Some of those sources obviously much 'better' than others (ie Bob vs the Pronmans, smarmies :unsure:)  - but aside from the big, recognizable names, personally I consider Hockey Prospect (.com) to be a pretty solid source.

Just now, oldnews said:

Some of those sources obviously much 'better' than others, but aside from the big, recognizable names, personally I consider Hockey Prospect (.com) to be a pretty solid source.

Yes, Hockey Prosect is a great source of information. I have used The Hockey Writers in the past. I'm interested in seeing why Larry Fischer has left Matthew Robertson off of his list.

3 hours ago, Jaku said:

You think Podkolzin drops that far? I bet he's gone in the first 4 picks.

Maybe.  I think 3-10 are going to be wide open at this point depending on who picks where.  I'm hoping that the teams ahead of us put a huge stock in centres like MTL and PHX did last year.

Archived