3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Because he is 24, it's a one year ELC. Expires in 13 games time. JB can take a good look at this player if he wants to. This is actually a deal that the 'DimJim' crowd should be praising. I see zero downside to this signing.

If Green actually plays him in enough games to get a solid look at him then maybe you have a point.  But if Teves mostly sits in the press box for the next three weeks a better evaluation of his skill would be made by sending him to Utica where he would play every game and in a lot more minutes per game.  And the Cull doesn't play prospects argument doesn't apply here because the Comets are trolling the ECHL looking for warm bodies on defense to plug the holes of a sinking ship. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

so the contract is done at the end of the Season?  Does the kid get to be a UFA, or is he still our property to resign if we want to?

He will be an RFA that Benning will need to qualify.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

the tank is on?

Can't be worse than Pooalot....if the tank was really on they would play the Poo with Brisebois on the 1st pairing....

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

If Green actually plays him in enough games to get a solid look at him then maybe you have a point.  But if Teves mostly sits in the press box for the next three weeks a better evaluation of his skill would be made by sending him to Utica where he would play every game and in a lot more minutes per game.  And the Cull doesn't play prospects argument doesn't apply here because the Comets are trolling the ECHL looking for warm bodies on defense to plug the holes of a sinking ship. 

There is no way they are bringing him in to sit in the press box...he will play and be better than the Poo...!

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There is no way they are bringing him in to sit in the press box...he will play and be better than the Poo...!

I think the NHL is a lot harder than you think it is

Just now, stawns said:

I think the NHL is a lot harder than you think it is

...ya I have only been watching for half a century...

We are talking about a 24 year old here....

Maybe you think Pooalot is a gamer...

How about this: I don't think we know what management wants him to be this season. ;)

Shocking I know.....

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't have an issue with Pouliot as a #6-8 dman, no.  I think it's an a-hole move to run down Canuck players and ridicule them non-stop from behind a computer screen though  

I am not hiding...and I don't call out Canucks players that don't deserve it...ie...the Pooer and Gagme....and both will not be here next year...for sure...so they are not really Canucks in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to defend real Canucks and particularly the young ones from all the naysayers telling us how these young guys don't have a prayer...

...and I will continue to do so, behind a computer or in person.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I am not hiding...and I don't call out Canucks players that don't deserve it...ie...the Pooer and Gagme....and both will not be here next year...for sure...so they are not really Canucks in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to defend real Canucks and particularly the young ones from all the naysayers telling us how these young guys don't have a prayer...

so you've been watching for a half century, meaning you're 50+ years old and you use names I hear 6 year olds say every day for another person, let alone Canucks player.  Either you're lying about your age or...........well I just hope you're lying about your age because the other option is too sad and pathetic to put into words.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone who thinks their age has anything to do with how much they know knows less than they think they know.

That being said, I wouldn't call them pathetic either.....

Anyway, we'll see how this John Tavar.... I mean Josh Teves is. ;)

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, stawns said:

so you've been watching for a half century, meaning you're 50+ years old and you use names I hear 6 year olds say every day for another person, let alone Canucks player.  Either you're lying about your age or...........well I just hope you're lying about your age because the other option is too sad and pathetic to put into words.

...Congrats...you are #3 on my ignore list...bye...

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...Congrats...you are #3 on my ignore list...bye...

Thank christ

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, Alflives said:

True enough.  This guy is not a kid, who will get physically more mature.  He’s 24!  What we see now, is what he is.  Sure, he will adapt and learn, but he’s at his physical peak right now.  Play the guy, and then dump him.  I’m not at all hopeful this guy is going to be a player.  Seriously, he’s 24!  

You know that most people peak 27-30 right? It's very rare for someone to peak at 24... That's like saying Horvats, and Virtanen are basically coming up on their peaks.

8 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Maybe you can try showing these guys alittle respect with your constructive ridiculing, even former Canucks deserve respect for wearing the jersey

Posted (edited)

Thinking teves probably will slot in the next 3 games at least, considering Hughes is out for the next week and brisbois can’t Seem to crack 10 minutes when he’s in the line up. 

Probably worth sending breezer down to Utica again and letting teves get some games. Leave pouliot and Schenn as the spairs and then when hughes is ready to go re asses

Edited by The_Rocket

What I like is to see he has upped his points at every level he has played.  I dont for a second count on him being an NHL player but there is no downsiding to giving him a look.  Especially considering our talent pool on D contains huge question marks.