The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Josh Teves | D

GoldenAlien

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

If Green actually plays him in enough games to get a solid look at him then maybe you have a point.  But if Teves mostly sits in the press box for the next three weeks a better evaluation of his skill would be made by sending him to Utica where he would play every game and in a lot more minutes per game.  And the Cull doesn't play prospects argument doesn't apply here because the Comets are trolling the ECHL looking for warm bodies on defense to plug the holes of a sinking ship. 

There is no way they are bringing him in to sit in the press box...he will play and be better than the Poo...!

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't have an issue with Pouliot as a #6-8 dman, no.  I think it's an a-hole move to run down Canuck players and ridicule them non-stop from behind a computer screen though  

I am not hiding...and I don't call out Canucks players that don't deserve it...ie...the Pooer and Gagme....and both will not be here next year...for sure...so they are not really Canucks in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to defend real Canucks and particularly the young ones from all the naysayers telling us how these young guys don't have a prayer...

...and I will continue to do so, behind a computer or in person.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I am not hiding...and I don't call out Canucks players that don't deserve it...ie...the Pooer and Gagme....and both will not be here next year...for sure...so they are not really Canucks in my mind.

Otherwise I tend to defend real Canucks and particularly the young ones from all the naysayers telling us how these young guys don't have a prayer...

so you've been watching for a half century, meaning you're 50+ years old and you use names I hear 6 year olds say every day for another person, let alone Canucks player.  Either you're lying about your age or...........well I just hope you're lying about your age because the other option is too sad and pathetic to put into words.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks their age has anything to do with how much they know knows less than they think they know.

That being said, I wouldn't call them pathetic either.....

Anyway, we'll see how this John Tavar.... I mean Josh Teves is. ;)

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, stawns said:

so you've been watching for a half century, meaning you're 50+ years old and you use names I hear 6 year olds say every day for another person, let alone Canucks player.  Either you're lying about your age or...........well I just hope you're lying about your age because the other option is too sad and pathetic to put into words.

...Congrats...you are #3 on my ignore list...bye...

• Wat 1

On 3/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, Alflives said:

True enough.  This guy is not a kid, who will get physically more mature.  He’s 24!  What we see now, is what he is.  Sure, he will adapt and learn, but he’s at his physical peak right now.  Play the guy, and then dump him.  I’m not at all hopeful this guy is going to be a player.  Seriously, he’s 24!  

You know that most people peak 27-30 right? It's very rare for someone to peak at 24... That's like saying Horvats, and Virtanen are basically coming up on their peaks.

8 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Maybe you can try showing these guys alittle respect with your constructive ridiculing, even former Canucks deserve respect for wearing the jersey

Thinking teves probably will slot in the next 3 games at least, considering Hughes is out for the next week and brisbois can’t Seem to crack 10 minutes when he’s in the line up. 

Probably worth sending breezer down to Utica again and letting teves get some games. Leave pouliot and Schenn as the spairs and then when hughes is ready to go re asses

Edited by The_Rocket

What I like is to see he has upped his points at every level he has played.  I dont for a second count on him being an NHL player but there is no downsiding to giving him a look.  Especially considering our talent pool on D contains huge question marks.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, Alflives said:

True enough.  This guy is not a kid, who will get physically more mature.  He’s 24!  What we see now, is what he is.  Sure, he will adapt and learn, but he’s at his physical peak right now.  Play the guy, and then dump him.  I’m not at all hopeful this guy is going to be a player.  Seriously, he’s 24!  

Not entirely sure I agree with you here Alf.

There are hockey players and there are people that play hockey.

One defenceman who ate our Canucks forwards as a snack was the big ginger guy on that stacked Oiler team.  He was a late bloomer and I believe, already a qualified doctor by the time he decided to play pro.  Now, huge-contract Garrison who Jim ditched upon arrival, had been playing pro from his draft. The draft scouting report had Garrison as a big body, poor skater who needed to work on getting his point shot on the net. The knock on him by time of Benning's trade was that he was a big body, poor skater who couldn't get his point shot on net.  So, you could say that in ten years as a full time pro, he'd not been interested one bit in improving his career deficiencies.

Why would he bother I suppose if he could earn huge money without effort.  Well, maybe IQ wasn't Garrison's strong point, but it sure seems like Teves is loaded with it.  Which suggests that, as he has now decided to play in the NHL, he brings the obvious smarts and proven application to succeed when working on what will keep him there.  At 24, he is eyeing ten very lucrative hockey years ahead of him, once he masters the extra skills required.  And in my GM fantasy world as Jimbo's mentor, I suggest he take a flyer on a Teves type over an inflated UFA retread, anytime, every time.

I wouldn't normally comment but yesterday Ms Grit sent me out to pick up some toilet paper, saying the refreshing air might lift my blue and green depression.  At the supermarket the biggest hype I found was for recycled toilet paper, made from bamboo if you can believe it.  But, given Canucks present ufa contract predicament, I couldn't in all consciousness waste my hard-saved cash on a product that others have obviously pre-enjoyed before me - and when it was prime.  So, I paid a little more and bought the real paper quality, hoping to avoid ruin of any future ablution experience by associated thoughts of Eriksson.

In a rarified, air walk home I felt buoyed by my brave boycott.  And may well heed that lesson the next time I read of Jim's interest in his latest ufa/trade heist.

• Haha 3