Josh signed a 2-way deal for 2 years.

Good depth signing but despite getting the same terms as Rafferty, Teves has a tougher path to the NHL since he's an LD behind Juolevi, Sautner, and Brisebois, at least as of now. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I’m surprised no one, in the very least commented on that great effort from the left point to roll around to the right crease side for his goal last night.

Thats a determined young defence man doing smart things late in a game to give his team a chance..

There is something about Teves’ game that matters.

Strong on the puck, smart with it, and without.. head always up.

This guy is going to keep giving his “all” .

Ive already compared him to a young Duncan Keith, I see similarities in this part of Josh’s development..   Teves is a great signing.

I agree @SilentSam

i see Teves as having more upside than Raferty.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree @SilentSam

.. but Raferty is a brave lad too..  JB has some great scouting, the culture has changed here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

.. but Raferty is a brave lad too..  JB has some great scouting, the culture has changed here.

I know these college UFAs are 24/25 years old, but the cost us nothing to sign.  If even one works out, it’s a huge win for JB.  Plus, with them being older, they are more ready than the guys we draft.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know these college UFAs are 24/25 years old, but the cost us nothing to sign.  If even one works out, it’s a huge win for JB.  Plus, with them being older, they are more ready than the guys we draft.  

I love JB thinking on college players, like you said no cost and we have a chance at reward, win win to me

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I’m surprised no one, in the very least commented on that great effort from the left point to roll around to the right crease side for his goal last night.

Thats a determined young defence man doing smart things late in a game to give his team a chance..

There is something about Teves’ game that matters.

Strong on the puck, smart with it, and without.. head always up.

He “showed” the same at the end of last season.

This guy is going to keep giving his “all” .

Ive already compared him to a young Duncan Keith, I see similarities in this part of Josh’s development..   Teves is a great signing.

https://www.nhl.com/video/c-68896003 

I liked his game too Sam. He looked more in control than Rafferty who gave up some scoring chances. That said I really liked Sauntner's game against the Oilers. He is ready for the NHL. Maybe Brisbois as well but I want another look at him.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I liked his game too Sam. He looked more in control than Rafferty who gave up some scoring chances. That said I really liked Sauntner's game against the Oilers. He is ready for the NHL. Maybe Brisbois as well but I want another look at him.  

With you on this..  starting to see a “depth in our field” for Defence.

Myers , and Benn were great grabs..

i originally shook my head at Winnipeg for letting Myers go vs keeping an aging Bufuglien.

Today, hearing that Byfuglien May retire,. I may humbly stand correct in that assumption.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, Alflives said:

I agree @SilentSam

Teves was covering for Rafferty's gaffes....

A dman having a bad game, can make his partner look bad as well, this did not happen with Teves even though Rafferty, his "D" partner, had a bad game.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, Pete M said:

Teves was covering for Rafferty's gaffes....

A dman having a bad game, can make his partner look bad as well, this did not happen with Teves even though Rafferty, his "D" partner, had a bad game.

I like Teves' game.  He isn't flashy, but he's effective.  Rafferty on the other hand needed a bit of rust shaken off.  He's a higher risk higher reward prospect, but in the second oilers game he showed what the reward can look like.  I like them both and wish them well.  Biega and Stecher need to keep pushing with guys like this coming up.

• Hydration 1

On 9/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Alflives said:

It generally takes longer to develop D men anyway - and they do tend to have longer careers as the expansion of their defensive abilities keeps them useful.

I think Brezzer might be the next after OF.