The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] What the team should look like next year

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

Eriksson for Backes would make some sense. Exact same cap hit. Eriksson is the better player now, but Backes expires 1 year earlier (perfect timing).

DB has an NMC that becomes a LNTC July 1st, so he'd have to be open to it. But right now he's had to resort to putting his health on the line to stay relevant on Cassidy's team. And back in the day, Backes signed an offer sheet to come to Vancouver, so he at least at one point wanted to come here.

The Bruins already have a pretty good penalty-kill (9th overall), but they have to get through Tampa, who have the top PP and PK in the league. They'd probably listen to this.

Look what we got for Hansen & Burrows.

At $3 mill, surely there is some value in Eriksson?

I hope...  :(

On 3/12/2019 at 6:08 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Not much of a proposal.

I propose we win the lottery, draft Kakko and then trade our second+Sutter for hughes....

2nd + Sutter for a potential generational talent ?

Whats even better then, is lets trade Granny + 2nd R + Sautner for Crosby. 

1) Goldobin-Pettersson-Virtanen.  

The two players that are closest to “breaking out” are Goldobin and Virtanen.  Who better than to help these guys get to the next level than our best player?

2) Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson moves the 2nd line and plays with players that complement his style (and skating) a little more.

3) Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo

Gaudette plays with two guys that have a half decent ability to put the puck in the net.

4) Roussel-Beagle-Motte

1) Edler-Stecher

keep this successful pairing intact.

2) Hughes-Tanev

Tanev mentors Hughes and helps him get up to speed.  I don’t think this will take very long. Less than one year.  

3) Gardiner-Myers

Gardienr and Myers are NOT world beaters and both players have their fair share of warts and injury histories.  Here’s what both players will offer us however.......very good depth.

With this defense, the Canucks should have enough depth to stay afloat when the injury bug hits.  Injuries and subsequent depth exposure has been this teams’ number one problem in my opinion.  This problem should be averted with a co-signing of Gardiner and Myers.

1) Markstrom

2) Demko

Archived